Tension With The Couple?

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

Gayoon and I just sat quietly, occasionally talking as we ate. Hyuna and Junhyung did most of the talking, it was a side of Junyhung I haven’t seen. Junhyung didn’t smile that way when it was just me, he never talked this much, I mean come on! He can’t even shut up!

Yeah, I’m jealous. You’re probably asking why…Well here’s one thing; I like the dude. No…I’ve completely fell head over heels for him. It , it completely …Because I’m just his rental girlfriend.

“So, you’re a friend of Junhyung’s?” Gayoon asked.

“I guess you could say that,” I shyly smile at her, “He bumped into me, and we started talking a bit after that, so I guess so.”

“Oh,” Gayoon said. She and I continued eating. We couldn’t start a decent conversation, so the whole dinner was…awkward for me.

 



---

“You’ve been quiet,” Junhyung said as we sat in his newly fixed car. He was already driving out, after paying of course, and I just stared out the window.

“I’m tired…” I say, “That’s all.”

“You didn’t eat much,” Junhyung frowned, “Why not?”

“I wasn’t as hungry as you were,” I say, “I don’t usually eat much.”

Junhyung got quiet, and I eventually fell asleep watching the scenery pass by.

 



---

Junhyung sighed as he parked the car. They were home, but So Young was still sleeping. He look over at sleeping So Young; He remembered how she acted at dinner…It was unlike her. Maybe having Hyuna and Gayoon eat with us like that was a bit too awkward for her.

“So Young,” Junhyung shook her shoulder, trying to wake her up. She wouldn’t wake up. He sighed and mumbled, “You’re kidding right?”

“Yah! So Young!” Junhyung called out louder, shaking her harder.

He noticed tears run down her eyes as she blinked herself awake after being violently shaken. He didn’t hurt her, did he?

“So Young, you’re crying,” Junhyung pointed out.

“Ah…” So Young looked from him to the window and wiped the tears, “It’s nothing! Just a bad dream…”

“Ok…” Junhyung wasn’t too sure, but he shrugged it off, “Let’s get home then.”