So Young's Small Runaway Journey

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

I lay in my room, in the dark, laying on my bed. I stared dazedly at the ceiling and listened to anything; my breathing, my heart beat, Junhyung in the living room watching TV. I was bored out of my mind, but I’d rather have Junhyung think I was sleeping than deal with him right now. I have mixed feelings about everything that happened today.

“I’m so confused…” I mumbled to myself. I turned my head to the clock, it was still as early as nine. If Junhyung was sleeping on the couch, I could probably sneak out…but if I checked and he was awake…

I get up and get dressed, changing from my pajamas to some casual wear. I wore a hooded long sleeved light blue tee and light brown vest over it. I had denim skinnies and light brown sheep skin boots. I pulled my hair into a messy upside down ponytail, placing the light brown clip into my hair. I reached for my phone, putting it in my back pocket, and slipped some of my saved money into one of my front pockets.

I looked at my door, he didn’t hear me, nor see the lights in my room turn on, he’s probably asleep…or fully absorbed into whatever variety show he was watching. Maybe he was texting…Don’t make me finish that sentence.

I looked out my room window, pushing the drapes out of the way to see a stair way. Thank god for the inventor of that…One of the few (Many actually) things I actually find useful. I carefully open my window and climb out. I looked back at my door again, only pausing to whisper ‘goodbye’.

I wasn’t running away, I was just sneaking away without Junhyung knowing to get away for a bit… Totally different!

 



---

I was walking on the streets, rubbing my arms as I walked around. The white long sleeved inside shirt didn’t help, both shirts were too thin, and it was cold out. It wasn’t freezing, but it was cold.

Since I have some money to spend, maybe I’ll go have a look at stores…Get my mind off of the important things, and cloud it with the probably most stupid and idiotic things…

To the toy store!

 



---

I ended up making some great friends at the store. “Noona!” a ridiculously cute little boy smiled as he ran up to me with a Power Ranger toy, “Look, look! It’s the red ranger!”

“Yeah,” I smiled at him, looking up from my own Pokemon Pikachu plushie.

“You like Pikachu, noona?” He asked, eyeing my toy curiously. His younger sister, three years old and two years younger than him, came up with a packaged Barbie doll. She had a content smile as their mother followed behind the small girl. She was going to take them back, and the little boy complained wanting to stay and play at the store more.

“Say goodbye to your noona,” She directed her son, as she took his hand. He enthusiastically waved to me, as he grinned, “Bye noona! I hope I see you again!”

“Same here,” I smile and wave, greeting the small family off. Their mother and I got along well, we talked as we walked around following her children. We got to know each other, she was only five years older than me. She was a single mother, their father left them.

If she can be strong, I can be too right? I guess it’s time for me to get back home.