The Three Stooges Contemplate

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

When we walked, I made sure to stay a few steps behind Junhyung, and he thought to stay a few steps ahead. We were quiet; I played with the hem of my shirt, trying to straighten it as my shirt just wrinkled again with each big step I took.

Even when we reached the apartment, he was quiet. He just took a seat on the couch again, switching on the TV.

If he was mad, I wish he’d yell at me. I’d rather cry because I’m being scolded than thinking that I don’t matter to him anymore.

“Junhyung…” I speak up, my voice cracked because I was too quiet. I coughed to clear my throat and spoke again, “Speak up…please…”

Junhyung just continued to watch the TV. I sighed and sadly walked back to my room. If he was going to ignore me, then I might as well get used to it, right?

 



---

The next few days were quiet and, if we did see each other, awkward. He did what he wanted, and I did what I wanted, as simple as that.

I missed talking to him…

So much for getting used to the quiet.

 

 

---

Hyunseung tapped on So Young’s shoulder. It was currently like this; Junhyung, Yoseob, and Kikwang were sitting on the couch absorbed in the video game they were playing. Doojoon and Hyunseung sat with me at the kitchen table. Dongwoon was raiding our fridge.

“There’s nothing, Dongwoon,” I sighed as I watched him try to rummage through what little we had, “I have to go shopping for more things.”

“Let’s go then, So Young,” Dongwoon suggested, patting his stomach, “I’m hungry.”

“Are you sure?” So Young asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Don’t question him when it comes to food, So Young,” Hyunseung commented, “Just take him with you.”

“Ok then,” So Young watch Dongwoon, wondering if he’ll just dismiss the idea and continue on with another thing.

“Hurry up, So Young,” Dongwoon whined. So Young chuckled and got up to leave for her room.

“I’ll get changed then,” So Young smiled as she walked towards her room. The three boys watched her close her bedroom door, then returned to the kitchen to talk.

“They’ve been different,” Doojoon observed, “They can’t even be in the same room with out being…”

“Awkward,” Hyunseung finished.

Dongwoon frowned, “What do you think happened?”

The three boys looked at each other, waiting for the other to say something. They didn’t know.