First Day On The Job (Part 1 of 2)

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

A/N: I want to discuss a few things...

o1. I deleted the author's note chapter (Chapter 39) so that's no longer in the way. Next time, I'll inform you through the latest chapter, rather than making a whole new chapter for something that short. Either that, or it'll be posted on my tumblr.

o2. I have a tumblr, aqnd since I don't know what to do with it right now... I'll just use it for updates on my stories. namely...this one. Follow me: http://behbii.tumblr.com/ (Just so you know...there is a music player there, so pause any other music player or turn down your volume)

o3. I am debating and deciding whether or not there will be a sequel, if this ever ends. This part of the story is namely on struggles between So Young and Junhyung... The sequel would be the big and commonly wondered thought; fan girls and antis. It would probably be shorter. This isn't set... but it's wholely on how this story ends, and how well everyone would take it. Not only that, but if there would be anything good to come out with the sequel, since this story itself is all over the place...

o4. Also, be happy, I actually took the time to reread the whole series and edit it to fix any and most errors. If you do find some, please do tell me somehow! There was also a big change, since there was something I mixed up... In chapter 11, it formerly mentioned Dongwoon being too young for the club, when later...we find out So Young is older than Dongwoon. This was completely my fault, since I wasn't paying attention, and wrote this story wholely through the computer. No pre-writing for this story...at all until today. So, I changed it so it says that both Dongwoon and Hyunseung didn't want to go, since changing the whole chapter would just confuse everyone...

o5. I never believed this story could be so funny! I started rereading the series at school, and would start laughing in class, partially because of this story! Haha, I'm glad I could entertain. And, as for So Young's character... I want to develop her into...a more mature woman. So I'll be addressing things mentioned before, and revealing so much more of her past. Things will happen... I was thinking of ending this story in 50-65 chapters, but with so many things that would need to be addressed... it may as well be longer. Bare with me, I'll end this soon, hopefully!

o6. Someone complained about So Young's way of dressing. And... it's not much complaining, but suggested I had her dress differently. I will try. After all...I would never always dress lik that! HAHA, so I'll take that advice... I really want to play with So Young's personality too... I don't think anyone would believe her being a tomboy after 'seeing' the way she's dressed, huh? I do my best to please myself and others...so I'll start to switch between outfits? Girly, Tomboy, lazy, and whatever? Haha... 

So, as mentioned before... I did write this out in class before hand. I don't know if this was well written, but enjoy the update!


 

I I played with my hasir for the longest time, pulling it into my hI played with my hair for the longest time, pulling it into my hand (like I was going to put it up into a ponytail) but then let it go. I repeat this process until I finally decide to put it up into a high bun.

I pulled at the sleeves of my grey pullover hoodie, which I just pulled over a black tank top that was long enough to peak out from under the hoodie. I just wore black cargo pants; today I dressed up as the tomboy I most certainly am.

... I am! Trust me... I just dressed the way I was, because I wanted to look my best for Junhyung. I think... Plus, today was a lazy day; I didn't really have the energy to take a long time on preparing myself.

A sudden vibration tickled my stomach, and I pulled my phone out from the front pocket.

"Who's that?" Junhyung asked glancing towards my phone from the corner of his eyes.

I shrugged and answered my phone, before I could bring it up to me ear, a feminine voice called out loudly, "So Young!"

"Jay!" I called back to my obviously pissed off friend, "How are you?"

"You have done one of two things," Jay growled, "Forgot about me or just being the cruel sadist you are, and ignoring me!"

"Oh no!" I facepalmed, "You're working now, right? I'll be there."

Jay gave me an 'OK' and hung up the phone. I turned to the curious Junhyung. "What was that?" Junhyung asked.

"Long story short... I have a job now," I nervously chuckled. I wasn't lying... It was partially true! It's not really a job though, now that I think about it, more like hard manual labor pushed, not only onto Jay, but onto me too. Ahh, the friends I have...

"Oh," Junhyung nodded, "So you need me to drop you off?"

I nodded, "That would be nice, yes."

 

 

---

"Will you be alright?" Junhyung asked as he parked his car in front of the small, and colorful resturant (It could almost be like a cafe).

"Yeah of course!" i gave a reassuring smile, "I'm with Jay, and she could walk home with me...so you don't have to come and pick me up."

"That's exactly why I'm worried, because you're with— Wait, 'she' ?"

"Yes 'she' !" I chuckled, "You were jealous over nothing, okay? Jay is a girl, my very tomboyish best friend."

Junhyung's face was priceless. I reached for the car's door knob and smiled, "I'll get going now. Bye Junhyung! I'll see you at the hosue, ok?"

Junhyung just nodded and mumbled a 'I wasn't jealous', and I watched his start the car and drive off.

"Who was that?" Jay actually had her hair up in a ponytail and looked...

"What are you wearing?" My mouth dropped; she wore a button up blouse tucked inside a black pencil skirt. A skirt... She also wore silver heels that clicked with each step she took to get closer to me. The wooden floors looked slippery, she really was surprisingly well off at walking in heels for an all out tomboy.

"i asked a question first," She looked annoyed as she scrunched up her face, she probably forgot about it until I mentioned it. She was, of course, in a skirt.

"Fine," I snickered, amused enough by her attire, "He's my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" Jay's mouth dropped.

I teased, "That's very unlady like."

"Whatever..." Jay rolled her eyes.

"And yes, my boyfriend," I nodded.

"I thought you were...done with liking guys after what happened."

"I thought so too..." I give her a serious look, "And I'm starting to doubt everything right now. Now show me where to go change."

She walked despite wanting to ask more. I knew, as soon as we walked into the dressing room, I'll be bombarded with questions. Ahhh... this is gonna be a long day.

 

 

---

[[Currently Listening To: TVXQ's Changmin - Confession]]

Junhyung walked through the doors of the practice room with a blank expression, and seeing Gina just shocked him more than he already was, finding out that Jay was a girl and all...

"Junhyung~" She sang in a beautiful and smooth voice, "I missed you."

"Gina..." Junhyung stiffened when she hugged him, and stuttered a bit, "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home...in Canada?"

* Gina Choi is CUBE's own soloist G.NA; I heard she changed her name to Gina, so I thought I'd use that for a...real name?

"Ahh, can't you just be glad I'm here?" Gina pouted with a giggle as she pulled back to look him in the eye, "We can go back to being us again..."

"Why are you here?" Junhyung pushed on.

Gina sighed, "I work here now, I'll be debuting soon... I came back, to make something of my life...and to be with you, Junhyung."

 

 

---

"You always manage to get into some deep drama," Jay sighed as she turned her back to me as I changed. I had a privacy issue, I don't like people watching!

"I know..." I sighed, as I buttoned up the blouse from the top towards the button, leaving the top two ed. "But...it just comes to me, like really..."

"First between you and Dongmin," I glare on instinct at her. She raised her hand in defense to calm me down, "Then between you and Eun Chan. Now this... When will it end?"

"I don't know..." I got quiet, "I wish I could go back to being the carefree, idiot you always had to look out for. Now... I can't, or I'll get hurt."

"Things change people..." Jay shrugged, "Eventually, things will shape out for the better for you."

"Haha... We're too smart for our own good," I grin, "I know for sure it will happen, I'm just waiting."

"Nothing will change like that, I hope you know that..."

"I...I just want to enjoy my time with Junhyung," I slip on the black slacks quickly and start to work on the heels, "I don't know if he'll still be with me or not..."

"There we go with your negative thoughts again." I grunt in frustration as I thought about how to put on and strap my heels on. Jay chuckled and got up from her seat to help me with my shoes.

I sigh, with a small smile, "I just...It...It's possible."

"Just face everything with a smile," Jay said, "Like you always did. You always smiled...always forgave...always moved on. If you were 'meant to be' with Junhyung, you'll know. I know you know."

Jay slowly stood up, straightening her slacks, and I got up too. Following her, I suddenly hug her when she turns around after hearing her name, "Thanks Jae Hwa, I needed that..."

"What..." Jay was stunned by the sudden use of her real name, but smiled anyways, "It's no problem, So Young."


Fact: At first, this chapter was going to be written differently. So Young would have met Gina and seen and and all awkwardness/hesitation from Junhyung, but... I want to make her suffer and worry when she talks to Jay. So that's how this ended up. Plus... I didn't save the very little I first started on the former idea when I closed the window... And only remembered when I shut down the school's computer to leave class.