Those Three Words...

Money Can't Buy Me Love, But I Can Rent It

When Junhyung found her, So Young was walking out of a small cafe. At first he was going to just call her to get into the car, but then he noticed someone behind her as she stepped aside to let the other person step out.

Junhyung's grip on the wheel tightened, "Is that a guy?"

"Jay," He overheard So Young say, "We'll get through this, okay? Don't worry."

"If it's you," 'Jay' says, "Then I wouldn't have to. You always pull through for me."

"Yeah..." So Young sighed, "But it's not going to be easy considering...the situation."

"You say it all dramatically," 'Jay' rolled his eyes. Junhyung scoffed as So Young giggled.

"Because I'm just drama," So Young shrugged, "Anyways, you should get going. You have to walk far."

Jay nodded, and hesitantly held out his arms. Junhyung held his breath and bit his bottom lip, "She wouldn't, right?"

She did. "Love you, Jay," So Young smiled.

"Love you too, So Young," Jay chuckled. Junhyung sighed, looked away and just laid his head on the window next to him. He drove off before either of them could notice him.

"No homo," They both laugh. Bad timing; Junhyung made a right, and was out of earshot.

"I'll see you later, Jay!" So Young waved, turning to walk home as Jay waved back.

 

 

 

---

When I returned home, two things brought down my temporary good mood; the fact that my wallet was now empty (Thanks to Jay), and the awkward and...tense atmosphere at home.

"Junhyung?" I call out, noticing everyone was gone, and Junhyung wasn't in the living room. Nor was he in the kitchen. She walked towards and through the hallway, then knocked on his bedroom door. She repeated, "Junhyung?"

I hesitated, but reached for the door knob, and slowly opened the door. It wasn't dark, but it wasn't bright. I felt the wall next to the door for the light switch, and turned the lights on; Junhyung laid in bed, sleeping.

"Oh..." I gave a soft smile, "He's sleeping. I should have figured out that much..."

"But..." I slowly approached the bed, making sure not to make too much noise. I reached for the blanket, which was kicked off the bed and onto the floor, and threw it over Junhyung. I fixed it, lightly patting it straight and made sure it was covering, and smiled again, "Good night, Junhyung."

 I was about to leave, when I squeaked, "J-Junhyung?"

He grabbed my wrist. He looked half asleep, but was still quick enough to grab my wrist so swiftly. He slowly sat up, making sure not to lose his grip on me, and pulled me closer to him, "Who were you with?"

"Wh-what?" I ask, shocked. He pulled me closer again.

"Who. Was. He." Junhyung said, he didn't look to happy.

"He?" I asked, "You mean Jay— How did you know I was with someone? Well...I mean I told you I was going to meet my frien—"

"You hugged him," Junhyung recalled, "And said you loved him. Who is he?"

I thought over what I wanted to say, and I knew what I wanted to say. I opened my mouth to speak, but the wrong words came out, "What does it matter to you? Can't I meet with good friends?"

"He's not your friend if you hug him and tell him you love him," Junhyung commented.

"Are you jealous?" I wish I would just shut up and actually listen for once, "It's not like we're actually dating!"

Junhyung scoffed and turned his head away. He still had a good grip on my wrist, I tried tugging my wrist away.

"Let me go now," I said, "I'm going to bed."

I escaped when his grip suddenly loosened, but then, as soon as he let go, he got up and wrapped his arms around my waist. He pressed himself against me, and I just tensed, feeling awkward like this.

"WH-what are you doing, Junhyung?" I blushed. I tried to pull his arms away from me, but it didn't work. He backed up, taking me with him, and sat on the edge of the bed, laying me ontop of his lap.

"I...love you," Junhyung buried his face into my neck.