Chapter 38

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Your POV

I laid on my stomach on my soft queen sized bed. After training for a few days, I was a little tired. Rolling over to my side, I pulled open my bedside table’s drawer. I took out my iPod Nano and plugged in my earpieces. I played BoA’s Disturbance and closed my eyes. Images of Tae’s face came flooding my mind and without me knowing, tears rolled down my cheeks.

I missed him so much. Usually at this time, he would climb up my balcony and talk to me through the night about everything. We would go out into my balcony, lie down on a blanket, and face the sky. He would carefully prop my head up with his arms and I will lie on his warm chest. We would try to identify the constellations and he’ll make out weird names like “The Burly-Man sign” or “The Moustache sign” and make me laugh crazily with his lame jokes.

He would tell me how he finds it funny when I eat chicken wings, he thinks I look like a surgeon operating on a chicken, and would persuade me to use my hands. I would make two cups of hot chocolate and then as we talk, he would forget the steaming hot drink and scald his tongue. I would always burst out laughing before taking a piece of ice for him to on. He would stick out his tongue and talk which makes it even funnier.

We can also invent new handshakes together and do a super complicated handshake so no one would ever be able to imitate. I would fall asleep in his arms, he will carry me back to my bed, make sure that I am comfortable before kissing me on the forehead and then go back home.

Aish… I wiped my tears by all those memories and sighed. Tae, 지금 뭐해? (What are you doing now?)

---

V’s POV

I walked down the bustling streets around my place and blew out a puff of white breath. I walked past a shop and it was playing BoA’s Disturbance. Its vintage-y feel attracted me. I pushed open the glass doors and a tinkle of a bell welcomed me. An old lady looked up from the counter and smiled warmly.

“Welcome, young man.”

I smiled brightly and bowed a ninety degree bow.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Your shop is very beautiful.”

I said while pointing at an intricate art piece. She smiled and chuckled while shaking her head.

“I am old, all I’m left with is my little talent in art. Come, follow me.”

I nodded and followed her into the back of the shop. We came to a small door, she unlocked it and we entered another room. It was pitch black. She flicked on the switch and suddenly the room lighted up and my jaws dropped. The place was filled with, I assume, the old lady’s art pieces. Each of them told me a different story as I walked around in awe.

“Which one do you like?” She questioned.

“I like the one of a beautiful sunset.” I said while thinking of Jae. Jae loves the sunset and sunrises the most.

 

“I’ll give it to you.” She smiled.

“Mwo? Please, it’s not necessary. I cannot take away your valuable art pieces!” I told her.

“You’re such a polite young man. Why do you like sunsets?” She slowly asked.

“It’s actually my girlfriend. Jae loves the nature, sunsets, sunrises. It makes her calm.” I said and my lips curled up into a smile as I mentioned her name.

“Aw, such sweet young love. Can I ask for a request?”

“Why not? As long as I am able to do it, I will.” I chuckled. This old lady is so nice and gentle.

 

She slowly walked towards me and passed me the key to this room along with another key.

 

“T-this?”

“I will be moving to the countryside in a few days, I can’t bear to just close this shop down. I have been looking for the right person to hand this shop over to but I fancied none of them. They all had plans like how to sell this shop or renovate it into a urban styled shop. I just cannot accept it. But I can sense that you are different, I hope that I have handed my shop over the right person, Kim Taehyung-ssi.”

“Y-you know me?” I asked in shock.

“Why not? The legendary couple. Do your best Taehyung-ssi.”

“Please, just call me Taehyung, halmeoni.” I told her.

“Taehyung-ah, you will succeed, bring your girlfriend here, I know she’ll love it. Halmeoni believes in you alright?”

"Nae, I will do my best Halmeoni!"

I don’t know why, halmeoni gave me this new surge of strength and determination. I nodded and a grateful tear rolled down my cheek. Jae, I want to show you this place as soon as possible, wait awhile. Jae, I miss you so much, 잘 지냈어? (How are you?)

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s Corner:

 

Hello! As promised, I’ll try to update at least once a week because school has reopened. Do stay with me!

 

252125212521tumblr_lc5tf0d6t61qzzm7bo1_5

 

*SCREAMS AND JUMPS AROUND*

 

Okay okay~ , please do subscribe and leave me lots of comments to read, I love reading all your comments!