Chapter 7

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

V's POV.

I peeped out from the washroom and heaved a sigh of relief.

“What’s with the girls in this school?” I muttered to myself.

“What are you looking at?”

“Girls.” I replied without even looking. Then it hit me. Whose voice is that?

 

I spun around and saw a girl with dark brown eyes staring at me. She had big black spectacles hanging on her little button nose. Her hair tied up into a neat ponytail and clutching a big stack of books. A total nerd indeed. She looked at me, looked at herself then, “Jwesonghamnida, I shouldn’t be talking to you. I’ll be going.” She gave me a slight smile, turned around and walked away.

 

I grabbed onto her wrist and pulled her back, “Jam-kkan-man!” She got shocked and looked down onto the floor. Her hand wriggling off my grasp. “Ah, mianhae.” I let go of her. “Gwenchana.” She looked on the floor awkwardly and pushed her spectacles up her nose bridge. “Why are you not looking at me? Is there gold on the floor?” I . She shot up immediately, “Aniyo, it’s just that… I’m a nerd and you’re Mr Popular. You should not be talking me.. I-” I covered with my palm. “Shhh..Don’t say that. You’re the only girl that hasn’t been screaming and shouting, asking for my autograph and-” She let out a small chuckle. “Wae? Why are you laughing?” I asked in curiosity.  “Nothing, I thought you would like these attentions.” “Hahaha! Apparently not, My name is Kim Taehyung call me V.” “Nice to meet you, my name is Jung Hyun Jin.”

 

After finding out that we are in the same class, we walked to the classroom together. “Oh, are you an oppa? I’m born in June. ” “I’m born in December. But call me oppa, it sounds nice. Hahaha!” I laughed sheepishly. “Nae…oppa.” She blushed when she said it and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

 

All of a sudden, “YAH, JUNG HYUN JIN!” A loud voice came from the back. I looked back and was shocked to see a girl running towards us and in a split second, pushed Hyun Jin down. I was shocked but before I could react, this girl held my arm and said, “Oppa, it’s not nice to mix with her. Come on I’ll introduce you to my ulzzang friends, by the way my name is Lee Shin Yeong. Come on!” I was utterly displeased. I pushed her off me. “Stop, let go of me.” She looked at my wide-eyed. I crouched down and looked worriedly at Hyun Jin, “Gwenchana?” She nodded and looked down. “Nae…Op- V-ssi. I’ll be going.” She stood up and wanted to walk off but I held onto her hand. “I’ll go with you, come.” I dragged her away. She struggled but I held on tight, she then slowly relaxed.

 

 “Yah, what happened? Why did you pretend you don’t know me?” I questioned Hyun Jin.

“Mianhae… She’s Miss Popular in our school so-” I cut her off.

“Stop thinking that you’re inferior to the others will you? I said I want to be your friend and I will. I want you to call me oppa infront of people and don’t back off, I feel unwanted…”

“Ah! Mianhae!! Don’t feel unwanted, I just… Okay fine I promise you.”

 

I smiled at her flustered expression and ruffled her hair. “Come on, we need to go to class my best friend.” She looked at me and smiled.

 


Author's Corner:

3rd and last update for today~ Hope you've enoyed it! Leave me a comment and do subscribe to my story!^^