Chapter 36

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Your POV.

Today is the day of briefing the people for the Battle of the Century. Taehyung and I decided to bring the two sides together and do the briefing as a whole. Protests and tension was between the two sides when they walked in to the auditorium once again. This time, they clearly sat apart from each other and they literally left a three-metre gap between the two sides.

The both of us walked up to the stage and I spoke into the microphone.

“Good morning ladies and gentlemen, today, we are here to brief you all about the nearing, Battle of the Century.”

“The Battle will be held at exactly six days later. In this period of time, the vampires and the werewolves are forbidden to see each other and must train intensively.” Tae continued.

“As we all know that this year’s battle is absolutely different from the past years because we are battling for the Legendary Eclipse power.”

 

“The battle this year will be a relay race, where a chosen team will represent the entire Association and the Company.” I said while looking at the people.

“The team has one week to finish, you will have to carry a 10 ton boulder and travel a route around the Majestic Kingdom of Hybrids.”

 

We moved and turned around to face the projector where it shows the full map of the Kingdom of Hybrids where we all live. I pointed to the auditorium on the map with my laser point and continued.

 

“We are now at the Shared Auditorium, this will be the starting point. You will have to walk into the Jungle of free-willed beasts, through the Sea of aquatic monsters and onto the Land of Giants.”

“Then, collect a gem from the highest mountain top in the Valley of Roaming creatures, before going to the Association of the Vampires and to the ending line in the Company of Werewolves.”

“The total journey is 850 kilometers. This would be a total mission impossible for mankind but for a hybrid, it sure is possible.” I finished with a slight smile.

 

“Any questions? A clear route of the Battle will be sent to your houses and you will start to practice immediately when you’re back.”

 

No questions were raised and the vampires along with the werewolves dispersed and went back home for a tough training, hoping that they will be chosen. I walked backstage with Tae and immediately pulled him into a tight hug.

 

“J-Jae, I can’t breathe.” He said between breaths.

“I don’t care, I won’t be able to see you for six days, Tae.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V’s POV

 

What she said just made me chuckle.

 

“Hahaha! Come on.” I lifted her chin to face me and claimed her lips. The kiss was slow and longing, just thinking about six days without her. I just cannot find strength to pull away. I suddenly tasted a salty liquid and pulled away quickly because Jae is crying.

 

“Jae? Don’t cry. It will be over in a flash, I promise.” I gently kissed away her tears and she frowned.

“I don’t know… I am just really scared. I have this feeling that something… something will go wrong this time.” She sounded so desperate and worried. I hugged her tightly and she placed her head on my shoulder with a sigh. I slowly whispered into her ear.

 

“Jae, what did I say? I could take on the whole world single handedly as long as you’re holding the other one. So you need to stand strong and fight this with me. In the end, one of us will be bound to lose but we said we were going to be happy for one another right? Just practice hard in this six days and we will see each other in the blink of an eye. Okay?”

 

She didn’t reply me but I know she understood. We just stayed like this for awhile and I just wanted the world to stop like this for a awhile. No troubles, no worries, just us. I patted her back soothingly and she gently pulled away and I looked into her eyes. It shone with determination and I smiled. She took a deep breath and looked at me.

 

“I won’t give in to you Tae.” She smirked.

“What makes you think I would, Jae?” I smirked back cheekily.

“Then, I will see you in six days, sir.”

“I will look forward to it, my lady.”

 

We looked at each other one more time and nodded before turning away and walking in the opposite direction.

 

“Tae.” I stopped in my tracks and turned back.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV.

 

“Tae.” I said and ran towards him. I stood on my tip toes and gave him a gentle peck on the lips and a quick hug before turning away. I swear he smiled a little. I shifted into a bat and flew off without turning back. I will see you soon Tae.

 

I flew home along the sheltered road built exclusively for vampires and reached home in no time. I opened the door to see Hyun Woo and Jung Ha sitting on the couch. Hyun Woo is munching on popcorn while Jung Ha is watching the television.

 

“Oh? Jae-na, you’re back. Come on let’s go!” Jung Ha switched off the television and linked arms with me.

“Wait, where are we going?” I questioned with a raised brow.

“To practice of course!” Hyun Woo led us to the practice arena just beside my house.

 

We had a practice arena built specially for us to practice for battles and to sharpen our skills. When I pushed open the door, a fiery fireball came flying towards me before turning into a water ball and then an ice ball that froze in mid air. I smirked and clapped.

 

“Woah, great job Dongwoo oppa, Myungsoo oppa and Hoya oppa. It actually improved a lot.”

“Duh, we are not the fabulous ‘Mix trio’ for nothing.” Myungsoo oppa joked and we all laughed.

 

“JUNHONG JUNHONG YOU’RE HITTING THE CEILING STOP STOP!” We all rushed to the sound of Daehyun oppa screaming.

 

We came into the room for the special training for size changing vampires. The ceiling is 10 meters away from ground and Junhong oppa’s head is an inch near to breaking the walls.

 

“Egumeonina! Oppa, you’ve improved a freaking lot!” I shouted.

“What?” He said, he couldn’t hear what I say from up there.

“Nevermind!”

“What?” He scratched his head. Wrong choice. His fingers hit the wall and part of the celing came tumbling down. I crouched down low covering my head and bracing myself for the worst.

 

“BLOCK!” I heard the SHINee oppas shouted and a strong voice barrier immediately blocked the ceiling pieces and we were saved.

“Junhong, you need to mend the ceiling!” Daehyun oppa shouted.

“Hehe, araso.”

 

“SHINee oppa! Your voices have strengthened tremendously!”

“Hahaha! Of course! We’ve been training Daehyun a lot too. That’s why he’s so loud!” Jinki oppa said.

“I see! Keke.”

 

Around the whole practice arena in the different rooms for different powered vampires in our family, Sungjong oppa was running around the tracks at such a high speed that the tracks started to form a slight cave-in on the tracks. Sunggyu oppa can now lift such strong weight like two elephants with both only his two index fingers! Woohyun oppa can now mass control a hundred people at a go and make them do his bidding.

 

Just then, some workers sent in some big stone boulder and set it to the ground and left. Yongguk oppa walked over, stretched his neck, and twisted his wrist around to stretch it. Then in one swift movement, the big strong boulder crumbled to pieces, he dusted his hands and flashed us his gummy smile. He definitely improved a ton too.

 

Jongup oppa swung around the bars around the wall in the other practice room to train his agility. He is so fast as he lightly swing from bar to bar like a trained expert. He improved so much too! Just then, he accidentally pulled onto a wire, thinking it was a rope and the whole arena was in pitch black. However, at the split second even before anyone could react, the lights were back on.

 

“Woah, what just happened?”

“The Himchan magic happened.”

 

We turned around and there is Himchan oppa playing with a ball of light and smiling at us. Youngjae oppa immediately then said out a string of numbers and we were all puzzled.

 

“What did you say?” Daehyun oppa questioned.

“Iwasjustcalculatingthespeedofthelightthatisinthatballnormallypeoplecannotdoitbut– ” He said in a single breathe.

“STOP!” Himchan oppa shouted, “Calm down, we cannot understand a single word!”

 

“Okay I am so sorry. I just said that I was calculating the speed of the light in that ball.”

“Wow, in like 2 seconds?” I said in surprise.

“Yeah, normal people can’t but I can.” He flashed us a cheeky smile.

“Wow, you guys have improved so much! It’s my turn now then.”

 

I slowly walked into the healing room where Sungyeol oppa is at. The healing room is a quiet room and everything is peaceful, nice and very cold, just the way Sungyeol oppa and I like it. I took in a deep breath and smiled widely.

 

“This is where I belong.”

 

I sat down, started form a light orange healing ball, and gently guided it to a brown and withered plant. Almost immediately, the plant started to regain its fresh green colour and it was as good as new in no time. Sungyeol oppa patted me and said, “Good job, there. Come on.”

 

We walked to a cushioned spot in one side of the room and sat down. We closed our eyes and took in a deep breath and focus. I started to see my brothers, Yongguk oppa is injured from practicing with the rocks, I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly, an orange glow appeared and his wound was gone. Sungyeol oppa saw Jongup oppa accidentally sprained his leg, he then focused and healed his ankle. My brothers all walked into the room and smiled at us.

 

“You two can now heal through your mind so well?! It used to take like an hour to heal a blister!” Jonghyun oppa exclaimed.

“Hahaha! I guess we all improved!”

“Yeah! Now Jung Ha and I can read each other so well that it is impossible for us to attack each other anymore.”

 

I smiled as they continued to talk about their powers and I zoned out. How is Tae doing?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVELY READERS!

 

Wow, I think this is the longest chapter I have ever written. Hahaha! This is to thank you guys for staying with me through the story and I hope you guys liked it!

 

I have a little New Year’s gift for you guys! I have uploaded a one shot for you! https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/634017/butterfly-girl-oneshot-exo-byunbaekhyun

 

So, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, please leave me comments and do check out my one shot! Kamsahamnida! *bows*

 

Till next time!