Chapter 35

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

 

Your POV.

I sat down on my bed and propped my forehead up with my arm. It is going to be the December full moon in one week. The Battle of the Century is going to take place in one week. I am an utter wreck right now. How am I supposed to battle? To battle with Tae and his family for the Power of the Eclipse? Never, I will never be able to bring myself to that now! They are like family to me now, his family have been standing by me and giving support to me, an absolute stranger. We are like one big family, and for us to fight each other, impossible. Impossible.

I would willingly give up the power if that means all problems will be solved but what about my people? They cannot understand, they wouldn’t listen. There is already no time, it’s in one week, seven days, we would all be preparing for the battle, vampires versus werewolves, I cannot even picture or imagine it now.

Suddenly, I just felt a pair of warm, familiar arms wrap around me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V’s POV.

I walked outside of my room to my balcony and looked out into the dark night sky, stars scattered around the vast sky and just temporarily, I forgot about some of my worries.

Suddenly, I heard a slight knock on my room door.

“Come in.”

My parents walked in with a warm smile and I knew that they had something to say, they must have heard about the news today.

“Appa, umma, something you want to say?”

“Tae-ah, we heard about today– ” I cut umma’s sentence.

“Appa, umma, I need you guys to know that my stand will not change no matter what you say. I truly love Jae-na, and I am determined to help make the Vampires, and Werewolves co-exist. I want you to know that even if you two disapprove of what I am going to do I will not– ”

“Woah woah, cool down young man. We did not say anything about disapproving did we?” Appa said.

 

My eyes widened in surprise.

 

“Y-you mean…”

“Tae-ah, we want you to know that both of us are very proud of you.” Umma continued.

“We have never seen you so determined to do something through your growing years. We see how important Jae-na means to you and we just want to let you know that we are supporting you in whatever you need to do.” Appa said with a warm smile.

“A-appa, umma, I, I don’t know what to say… I– ”

“Show us that we did not make the wrong choice to support you, come on, go and look for Jae-na and have a good talk. We know she is a nice girl.” My mother said and gave a small wink.

 

I gave them one appreciative nod and hugged them before dashing to Jae-na’s house. You will never know how I appreciate that short talk they had with me. They gave me a huge confidence boost and I felt like I was ready once again.

 

I reached her house in record time and took a huge breathe before knocking on the door. Onew hyung opened the door with a smile. I walked in and told them what happened. They all broke into wide smiles and thanked my parents.

 

“Taehyung-ah, go upstairs and have a good talk with Jae-na, she’ll need it.” Woohyun hyung said and pointed upstairs. I nodded and proceeded upstairs.

 

As I walked nearer and nearer to her room, my heart pounded faster. I was so elated to break the news to her. I knocked on her room door once. Twice. She never answered. I sighed and knew that she was in deep thought now. I gently twisted the door knob and opened the door. Step by step, I inched near her and at last back-hugged her.

 

“Jae, my parents saw the news and they said that they supported me.”

 

She did not turn around but I could actually picture her gloomy eyes brighten up a little bit.

 

“Really?”

“Yes. We had a talk. Look Jae, we have touched people one by one. We will succeed one day.”

“One day? When will that be?” Her question struck me and I suddenly could not process anything.

 

She turned around and faced me.

 

“The battle is in a week, Tae. One week. How are we going to succeed?” Her sad eyes made me frown. “How are we going to battle, I can never battle you and your family. This is impossible. I treat you all like family now, hurting my family is equivalent to killing myself, you know that well enough. ”

 

I pulled her in for a hug and planted a kiss onto her soft lips. I felt her slowly calm down and I pulled away.

 

“Jae, I feel so happy that you are treating us like family. The battle… It has to go on no matter what. Right?”

“Of course. But how? I cannot bear to do it.” Her voice sounded shaky.

 

To be honest, I do not know. I cannot bear to battle with her family too. I would rather kill myself. I treat her brothers like my own brothers too. To bring us all into a war is horribly torturous for me.

 

I planted another kiss on her forehead and smiled.

 

“We’ll call for a draw then.”

“What? No way that is possible!”

“Why? Why not?” I asked back.

“Not that I care about the power but it cannot be divided into half can it?” She countered.

“Then let it be gone for all I care.” I said with confidence.

 

“It is the greed for power in the people that stops them from realizing that actually both sides harbor no harm. They just feel threatened because they know that there is someone out there trying to snatch it away from them. They are blinded by hatred and just cannot understand or see the real thing. We will just battle if that is what they want to see. We can just do our best and be happy for whoever who wins. I am sure my brothers and your brothers will agree.”

 

She nodded at what I said and finally gave me a smile.

 

“You’re right Tae, we will just do our best and whoever wins will definitely be happy for each side. I am not sure about the people though. But we will then slowly work our way and show them that things aren’t just what it seems on the surface. It is not the power that really matters.” I gave her a thumbs up at what she said.

 

“That’s my girl, we just have to take our time and slowly touch people with our love, our family and our children in the future.”

“What? Who said anything about children Kim Taehyung?” She said with her busan accent and laughed between her tears.

“Wae? Are you not planning on bearing handsome off springs of me?” I joked back with my daegu satoori.

 

She clenched her teeth and smacked me playfully on the head. We laughed and continued to talk about happier things through the night. That’s right Jae, just continue to smile like that. You deserve it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

 

I am putting in music players now, so that you can get the ‘feel’ of it :P How is this chapter? Please do leave me comments! :)

 

wave.gif

 

Till next time!