Chapter 40

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Your POV

We arrived at the shared auditorium and practically got squashed by the bunch of reporters. They ran forward to us as soon as we stepped into the auditorium, shouting questions and taking pictures with blinding flashlights.

“Sorry, can you guys please turn off the flashes?” I winced at the painful sensation on my wrist.

They hurriedly apologized and shut off their lights and started to bombard questions at us.

“What do you think about this year’s Battle?”

“I think it’ll be very fun and exciting.” Youngjae oppa replied with a smirk.

“Do you think you’d be able to win?”

“We’ll just do our best.” Onew oppa said, “Now if you all will excuse us, we need to register. Thank you!” He smiled widely and showed his charming eye-smile.

 

The female reporters swooned and gave us a pathway to walk through. We strolled over to the register table and met Mr Kang.

 

“Oh? Annyeonghaseyo Mr Kang!” I bowed 90 degrees with a smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo, how is our president doing? Family name?” He smiled.

“We’re doing well. We are the Crescent Moon family.”

“Got it, this sir will lead you to your places.” He gestured to a friendly looking man in his mid-twenties.

“Thank you!”

 

My brothers and I bowed and left to our seats. I sat down and started looking around nervously.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV

 

We arrived at the shared auditorium in our black limousine we rented. We stepped out of the limousines coolly like how they do it in the movies. Girls were screaming and cheering, I smiled smartly and flipped my hair. We were all enjoying the moment when suddenly.

 

“Ah!”

 

Tao hyung  fell down. We mentally face-palmed ourselves. Why must he choose to fall at this moment?!

 

“Hyung, Gwenchana?” I lifted him up.

“Yeah, hurry cover me.”

 

We all formed a barrier and continued walking into the place with our heads down, all trying to control ourselves from bursting out laughing. We were walking over to the register table when a group of reports started to surround us and throwing questions out.

 

“How confident are you all for the Werewolves?”

“Very!” Jongdae hyung pointed out.

“Are you still together with that vampire?” A female reporter asked with a raised brow.

 

I gulped. I did not know how to answer that question. Just then.

 

“OH LOOK!” Suga hyung shouted and pointed to the left. All the reporters as if on cue, spun their heads to the left. We took that chance and hurriedly walked over to the register table.

 

“Mr Kang! Annyeonghaseyo!”

“Annyeonghaseyo Taehyung-ssi. How are you? Family name?”

“We’re good. Full Moon.”

“Alright, this young lad will lead you there.”

 

We all bowed and followed the young man. As we were walking, I suddenly spotted the girl whom I missed so badly. Suddenly, tears started to blur my vision as I ran…

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Your POV

 

“Where is he…? Ah!” I suddenly felt like my heart was going to pounce out of my chest. I struggled out of the person’s grasp and turned to face him.

 

“T-Tae?”

“Jae– ” I did not let him finish his sentence as I hugged him tightly, afraid that this is all a dream.

 

“I missed you.”

“I missed you too.” I said, my voice muffled by his shirt. Tears welled up as I clutched his shirt tightly. I took a deep breath, and his light cologne calmed my furiously beating heart.

 

“I cannot even describe how much I missed you, Tae.”

“Nado, Jae-ah, Nado.” He wrapped his arms around me tighter and said.

 

“Excuse me, love-birds. I think you guys should let go before the vampires swallow Taehyung up…” Woohyun oppa whispered.

 

We quickly parted and blushed.

 

“You should go Tae.”

“Awww…” He pouted cutely. I chuckled and tip-toed, landing a small gentle kiss on his lips.

 

He pulled me back and planted another kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes gently and just sunk into his embrace. He pulled away and smirked.

 

“Alright, got my daily dose!” I chuckled and smacked his arm lightly.

“Okay okay, hurry, ka!”

“Araso. See you later!” I nodded and he went back to his seat.

 

Just then, the auditorium lights dimmed and the stage lights lighted up. Mr Kang then slowly walked on stage.

 

“Yeorobun, annyeong-hasimnikka. Choneun Kang Daesung imnida. (Hello everybody, I am Kang Daesung.) Today is the long awaited Battle of the Century. This year, both teams from each side will be battling for the Legendary Power of the Eclipse which happens only every 100 years. I am sure the Presidents for each side has briefed all of you clearly on where you are supposed to go. So today, we will be picking the teams.”

 

“When you were in training, staff from the Hybrid ministry went to each and one of the families to check and did a detailed analysis on who to represent each side. I will now read out the teams.”

 

I grasped both my hands together tightly and looked over to Tae’s side. He too looked over as if on cue, he gave me a small reassuring nod with a smile and I let out a nervous breath of air.

 

“The team representing the Vampire Association will be…” He unfolded a golden coloured envelope and took out a silver piece of paper.

 

“The Crescent Moon family!” The vampire side of the auditorium immediately let our cheers and whistles, claps and smiles. My eyes widened in shock and happiness.

 

“Oppa! We are chosen!!” They all smiled and nodded happily.

“Alright! All of you please calm down!” We all quieted down and listened.

“The team representing the Vampire Association will be…” The same routine happened and he said into the microphone.

 

“The Full Moon family!” The werewolf side of the auditorium too started cheering and shouting. I smiled sweetly at Tae when he looked over happily. I clapped softly and he chuckled.

 

“Alright, now that all the cheers is over. Can I please invite both teams up on stage?” We left our seats and walked down to the stage. We lined up in one long line and bowed 90 degrees, Taehyung and I then walked up to the microphone.

 

“Thank you for all your support, we will do our best to do the Vampires’ Association proud.”

“Full Moon pack will do our best to make our Company proud, thank you!” Tae said.

“Alright, thank you for your efforts! The serious thing will start right now. I hope all of you are prepared. Now let’s all meet outside the auditorium.”

 

All the people dispersed and went outside of the auditorium and we were met with a huge boulder placed on both sides. We took our place on the left side and Tae took the right side.

 

“Please get the first relayer to carry the boulder.” Mr Kang said.

 

“I’ll go first.” Yongguk oppa volunteered.

“I’ll go!” Tao oppa said.

 

Yongguk oppa knelt down, Sunggyu oppa then used his telekinetic power to place the boulder on Yongguk oppa’s back. Jimin oppa, Kris oppa and Lay oppa helped to get the boulder on Tao oppa’s back as well.

 

“Jae-na!” I spun around and saw Jung Ha and Hyun Woo.

“We volunteered to give you guys support!”

“Really? Daebak! Gomawo!” I gave them a light hug.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV.

 

“Oppa! Taehyung ah!” I turned around and met my best friend smiling brightly at me.

“Jinnie!” I ruffled her hair.

“I volunteered to help you guys!”

“Thank you! We’ll need a man-girl’s strength.” I jokingly.

“YAH KIM TAEHYUNG!”

“I am just kidding, relax.” I chuckled and ruffled her hair.

 

I looked over at Jae’s side and signaled for her to come to the back. We secretly slipped away and I hugged her.

 

“Tae, people will see.”

“I don’t care.”

“Come on.” She pulled away and gave me a peck on the lips.

“Take care alright, Jae. I will be there to help if you need me okay?”

“Araso, you’re like a naggy old man, Tae!” She snickered.

“Eesh. You- Fine. Just be careful okay?” I hugged her once more. I can feel her sink into my shirt.

 

“Your hugs do wonder, Tae. It’s only for me araso? The mermaids around are really seductive.”

“Come to think of it, I may bring one home…” I smirked. Just wanted to once again before the battle officially begins.

“Yah! Kim Tae– ”

 

I kissed her. Just savoring the last kiss before the battle starts. I reluctantly pulled back and smiled at her.

 

“Trust me, Jae. No one other than you.” I planted a kiss on her forehead.

“I love you, Tae.”

“I love you more.”

 

We held hands and placed our foreheads together.

 

“I can take on the whole world single-handedly.” I whispered.

“As long as you’re holding onto the other one.” She said with a smile.

 

We pulled back and took a step away from each other.

 

“I’ll see you on the Battlefield.” She said with a smirk.

“Not going to let you win.” I replied.

 

We quickly ran back to our teams, just in time.

 

“Alright! Is both teams ready?” Mr Kang spoke through the megaphone.

“YES!” We all chorused energetically.

“Then, the battle starts… NOW!”

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

 

Hey guys! I am back with another chapter. So sorry for the slow update! Long chapter today!:p

 

tumblr_static_tumblr_myzxc9vmea1qi4zmno3

 

J-Hope for you guys! *screams!*

 

Oh, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!~ I had so much fun this few days going to visit my relatives!

 

Alright, please subscribe to this story and leave me lots of comments! I’ll see you guys real soon!

 

Till next time!