Chapter 16

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Your POV.

“Presidential Candidates are actually given 1 whole week off school to prepare for the important day.” I read out from the notes given by Mr Kang to my brothers, Hyun Woo and Jung Ha. Both of them came over to help me prepare for the elections.

“Jung Ha and I can help you get the notes from school and we’ll come by every night to help you! Is that okay? We really really want to help our best friend win!” Hyun Woo pleaded with his puppy eyes.

“Why not? Our Jae-na is fortunate to meet such helpful friends.” Yongguk oppa said and flashed them his signature gummy smile.

“Daebak! Kamsahamnida oppa.” Jung Ha said politely.

 

I smiled at the scene. My brothers seem to really like my friends. Jung Ha is always to helpful and Hyun Woo is the joker and makes people laugh at his funny antics. I really am fortunate to meet such fantastic friends.

 

As the days go by, I worked extremely hard from morning until night. In the morning, I did research and worked out the rally speech, I actually asked all 18 of my brothers a question and did a structured answer, to prepare for any questions that the people will ask me. Trust me, my brothers’ question were tough and I mean really tough. Even the youngest Jun Hong oppa asked me “What will you do for the Vampire Association and what can you improve?” What is there to improve in our little association?

 

 

“Jae-na! We’re back!” I can hear Hyun Woo voice and this means study time. Every afternoon, my two best friends will come by and tutor me with the day’s work and after dinner, we will all work for the presidential speech, the editing and the way I present it. My brothers were there to give me support, physically and morally.

 

I walked downstairs and this smell of delicious ddubokki passed my strong sense of smell. Key oppa and Himchan oppa are the ones who were filling me with energy!

 

“Oppa~ I’m hungry~” Jung Ha and I went to hug Key oppa and Himchan oppa.

“Araso araso, it’s ready!” Himchan oppa said.

“Daebak!” I squealed and showed them a thumbs up.

 

After we finished our delicious lunch, we proceeded with schoolwork. Hyun Woo and Jung Ha came into my room and I switched on the lights as it was impossible to do work in a room where sunlight was forbidden. Jung Ha took out all of the notes and worksheets given out on that day.

 

“Oh… There’s so much today…” My shoulders slumped down when I saw the amount of work given.

“Our President would need to juggle work and do proper time management isn’t it?” Hyun Woo smiled.

“Hahaha! We’ll help you girl, no worries.” Jung Ha winked.

 

So for the next few hours Jung Ha would tutor me in the language side and Hyun Woo would tutor me in the calculations side.

 

Night soon fell, and we were all starting to work on the final touches of the speech and preparations. Sungyeol oppa ironed my blazer neatly and made sure that there were no wrinkles.

 

“It’s tomorrow Jae, are you nervous?” Onew oppa asked.

“Of course oppa! It’s Rally Day! The whole werewolf and vampire population will be there.” I started to play with my fingers anxiously.

“No worries, we’ll be there to support you!” Sungjong oppa said.

“Yes! IM JAE-NA! HWAITING!” Everybody chorused while looking at me and a loud echo could be heard.

“Hahaha! You guys are so loud! Kamsahamnida! I will give it my all tomorrow and I will not let you guys down!” I bowed a 180 degree bow and continued with the final preparations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV.

 

“Presidential Candidates are actually given 1 whole week off school to prepare for the important day.” I read to the hyungs and Hyun Jin. They were all here to help me prepare for the elections.

 

“No need to worry about school then! Focus on your elections.” Tao hyung said.

“No, we’ll tutor you! You cannot neglect studies because of it.” Jong In hyung said.

“You all? Tutor me?” I asked wide-eyed, “Are you serious?”

“Why not I tutor you oppa?” Hyun Jin asked softly.

“Oh right! There’s Hyun Jin.” RapMon hyung stated.

“I trust you more Hyun Jin, gomawo~” I smiled at her.

“Yah! What did you mean by that?!” Jong In hyung shouted teasingly and we all laughed.

 

My days went by pretty systematically, in the morning I need to do self study. In the afternoon, Hyun Jin will come by and pass me all the homework and tutor me. At night, we will prepare for the elections when everybody is here.

 

My home is not so calm and peaceful anymore, because of the loud and playful hyungs, but I sure feel more happy. The feeling of us all working together for a common goal is indescribable. My family members helped as well, they provided me with energy (if you know what I mean, ㅋ)

 

The hyungs and Hyun Jin felt like part of my family now. My 18 big brothers and one younger sister. The hyungs care a lot about her too, oh well, she is so respectful and brings joy to each and every one of us. From young to now, the 19 of us are always together and we played among each other. We did not have much interaction with girls, so now, this new member of our big family indeed brought plenty of joy to us.

 

Time flies and soon it’s the last day. I was doing my final touch ups on my speech when I felt a pair of soft hands around my eyes.

 

“Guess who?” A failed attempt of a male’s voice echoed in my ears. I decided to play along.

“Kris Hyung?”

“No.”

“Jin Hyung? Jimin hyung?” I tried to bite back my laughter.

“No! Oppa! You mean you didn’t know it was me?” Hyun Jin let go, sulked and walked away.

“Aniyo!” I held her hand and pulled her back. “I just wanted to play along. Your attempt of a male voice was such a fail, hahaha!”

“Yah oppa! I was trying to make you not feel so tensed!” She pouted.

I pinched her little button nose and said with a cheeky smile, “Of course I know and I appreciate it.”

“Sit down oppa.” She pushed me onto my chair and spun the chair around s o that my back is facing her. Soon, I felt my whole tensed back muscle slowly relax.

 

“Is this okay?”

“Mmm.. Did you learn massaging?” I asked.

“I read from the internet because you were always so tired nowadays.”

“Aigoo.. Kamsahamnida.” I said with much gratitude.

“You’re welcome. Remember oppa, don’t panic tomorrow and just strive for the best, we all got your back!”

 

“KIM TAEHYUNG HWAITING!” I heard a loud voice and spun around. All of the hyungs were standing and cheering for me. This is one of the best days of my entire life.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Corner:

Sorry for not updating for awhile~ I was pretty busy :) Enjoy~ ^^ Thank you for reading!