Chapter 34

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year


 

Your POV.

Questions and protests were hurled from all directions at us. Tae held my hand and we faced the audience trying to look as confident as possible.

How is this possible?

What?! It’s Jae-na and Kim Taehyung?!

This is absolutely ridiculous!

How are the we going to co-exist with those dirty puny bats?

What?! How are we going to work with those stupid furballs?

What about the Battle of the Century this year?

 

“ALL OF YOU STOP THIS INSTANCE!” I blew up. All eyes were on me.

 

The auditorium immediately became dead silent. If someone dropped a needle, it would have echoed, that was how silent it was. My brother and Taehyung’s brothers all stared at me wide-eyed. This is the first time I was so loud.

 

“I really hope that you guys can believe in me and Taehyung. Right from the beginning, Taehyung and I were enemies as well, I couldn’t even stand the sight of him from 5 meters away. No one would ever believe if we said that Vampires and Werewolves could co-exist one month ago. However, I think it’s pretty believable now, don’t you think? If a pair of enemies that hated each other for the longest time can resolve their problems and actually fall in love. I doubt that it would be hard for us to co-exist.” I said on the verge of tears.

 

“Exactly. Wolves and vampires don’t necessarily have to be enemies. What did each side do? We are just hating for the sake of hating. My life is actually saved by a vampire. If not for this family of vampires here, I wouldn’t even be standing here right now.” Xiumin oppa said.

 

“My life is saved by a werewolf. This proves that not all are bad. Our family used to hate their family, and look at us now, we even went on a picnic and camping trip together. Nothing is impossible as long as you’re willing to give it a try. It is so much nicer and happier to gain a friend than gain an enemy.” Youngjae oppa added.

 

“Ah!” A female vampire tripped and fell down.

“Hey, you okay?” A male werewolf went forward and helped her up.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV.

 

“Stop right there. Sir, did you know that this lady is a vampire?” Taehyung asked.

“Yes, but I couldn’t just leave her alone there.”

 

“Precisely! No matter Vampires or Werewolves, we are still willing to help each other. I believe that if right now, if it was a werewolf who fell or injured him or herself, a nearby vampire would step up and provide aid too. We just need to try to accept each other’s flaws and I’m sure it is going to work out.”

 

Things just did not turn out like we wanted it to.

 

“It is not that easy to clear up a dispute that started from centuries ago. Let’s leave.” A werewolf said.

“We just cannot accept this. Let’s go.” A vampire said.

 

There, the vampires and werewolves started to stream out of the auditorium.

 

“This is just unbelievable.”

“I am so disappointed.”

“Sigh. Let’s just go.”

 

“Hey wait! Where are you all going?” But Jongup hyung was ignored and everybody left.

“It’s no use oppa… Nobody believes us.” I heard Jae-na say with a sigh.

 

I felt like punching myself for not being able to solve this problem for Jae-na like I said. I pulled Jae-na in for a hug.

 

“Jae, mianhae. I wasn’t able to solve this problem.”

“Gwenchana, it’s not your fault.”

 

Then I heard what I hated to come from Jae-na the most. She was sobbing quietly. She tried to control herself and soften her cries as hard as possible. Her cries made me feel like a loser. I told I would solve this but I didn’t.

 

I wanted Jae to be the happiest girl and not want her to shed a tear because she deserves to be happy. She strives for the best in everything she does and never wanted to disappoint people who put trust in her. She is such a caring girl and I just cannot imagine days when she is unhappy. Her mood effectively affects people around her.

 

I her hair gently and hugged her tighter.

 

“Jae, don’t cry. Listen.

 

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened
You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known
So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you.”

 

I tried my best to sing a little soothing tune and she slowly calmed down.

 

“Since when did you start to sing Tae?”

“Why? Do I sound that bad you want to question who actually let this boy sing?” I tried to joke.

“Hehe. Aniyo. You sing really well Tae. Gomawo.”
“I guess I really ain’t that bad. Hahaha! Jae, it takes time. I’m sure we can do this together. The people will slowly change. I can feel it.”

“Let’s hope so…”

 

“Hey you two! Stop being so lovey-dovey! Let’s go!” Sungyeol hyung shouted and his voice cracked in the process making Jae-na crack up.

“Hahaha! Oppa! Your voice crack can cheer me up anytime you know that?”

“Aish, come on! I’ll record my voice cracking for you, hurry up, the auditorium is expensive!”
 

“Arata arata! You’re so naggy Lee Sungyeol!” We all said and laughed.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Your POV.

 

I guess Taehyung is right, we’ll give them some time. Let’s just hope for the best. I smiled and linked arms with Daehyun oppa and we walked home altogether.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s Corner:

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY DEAR READERS! AND THANK YOU FOR THE 1000+ VIEWS!

 

-BTS-gif-bangtan-boys-35491960-500-254.g

 

*throws confetti and parties around*

 

Thank you for staying with me and reading my little story! It has been a fantastic experience! I hope you all have a merry merry Christmas and a blessed year ahead! All the best in anything you do!

 

As usual, feel free and have fun! Please leave me comments and do subscribe to my story, come join the family!^^ Thank you once again and have a Merry Christmas! I love you all! *bows and throws heart*

 

 

Till next time!