Chapter 48

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Chapter 48

V’s POV.

“Tae…” I turned around and faced the sleeping Jae. Her face looks extra smooth with a light pink hue on her cheeks. She felt so light on my back and she’s like an angel when she’s asleep.

“Hmm? You called?” I asked., our face inches away.

“You stupid carrot head…” She muttered. I chuckled, so she was sleep talking.

“Oppa, we’ve reached the Association.” Jinnie informed me.

“Feels great to be home!” Yongguk hyung and Sungyeol hyung said with a wide grin.

“Good for you guys to say, you don’t need to carry boulders…” Hoya hyung and Nam Joon hyung chorused.

Jongin hyung and Jongup hyung switched places with the two of them on the way back. Just then, I felt some movement on my back as Jae slowly woke up.

“Jae, we’re here. You’re home.”

“Oh? You carried me all the way back?” She whispered in my ear.

“Yup. You need to lose some weight Jae.” I teased. No, you’re so light Jae.

“Yah! Am I that heavy?” She started to playfully hit me.

“I’m just kidding! Ouch! Ah!” She laughed and stopped, then tumbled onto my back again.

“I love you Tae.” She then kissed my cheeks.

I could feel my cheeks burn up, ah, the things she does to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV.

“Let me down Tae.” I told him and slowly slid down to the ground.

We all walked together and slowly neared the entrance to the Association.

“They are back!!!!!” Someone shouted and the whole lot of vampires whipped their heads around.

“OMO! Welcome back!”

“Yay you guys are back!”

“sugohaeseupnida! (You’ve worked hard!)”

We all bowed and walked through two rows of vampires, all cheering and shouting. The fire-powered vampires even created fireworks in the air. It was a very happy and warm environment, but something was off. I turned around and looked at the werewolves. They were all furrowing their eyebrows and looking downwards. They must’ve felt out of place. I sighed and chuckled. I whispered to all my brothers, Jung Ha and Hyun Woo. We all nodded with a smile and walked towards the sullen werewolves.

I wrapped my hands around Tae’s hands, my brothers and friends put their arms around a few of the werewolves and patted their backs. They looked up gratefully and smiled.

“Family means no one gets left behind right?” I smiled and looked at Tae.

“Mm! Gomawo Jae.” He nodded and planted a kiss on my cheek.

Just then, the Mayor of the Association came up towards us. He shook my hand and smiled at me.

“Thank you for your contributions Im Jae-na, and your family.” I frowned, why is it that only our side is mentioned? I was about to voice out when he started talking again.

“You guys should run along to their Company. All the best.” He then disappeared.

“Jae? Gwenchana?” Tae asked.

“Yeah, yeah. It’s just that he didn’t mention your side of the family.”

“Jae-na –ah, gwenchana! We’re all family right?” Chanyeol oppa smiled and winked.

I smiled and nodded. After we reached the exit of the Association, we walked towards the Company’s direction. The two places are really near, so we reached in like 10 minutes. The entrance was decorated and a loud gunshot echoed followed by Mr Kang’s voice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V’s POV.

Once we’re at the entrance, all ears perked up – like literally – A passing wolf’s ear perked up and suddenly it howled loudly before shifting back to a human. Jae tensed up for a moment. She’s probably worried that he’s calling for people to eat them up.

“Don’t worry, that’s a call for people to gather.” I whispered and gave her hand a tight squeeze.

She calmed down a little and nodded. Sure enough, everybody came out at the howl and was so surprised.

“THEY’RE BACK!”

“You guys must be tired!”

“Welcome back!”

The wolves smiled, this time, we placed their arms around Jae’s family and lead them in. The wolves too formed two rows and we walked past them. They cheered and howled excitedly. The mayor stood in front of the rows and waved.

I walked forward and shook his hands. He kept repeating his thanks to us, as in the werewolves, not once looking at Jae. I got a little agitated but Jae’s touch calmed me down.

“We’re all family, it’s fine.” She whispered.

“Good job again FullMoon! Let’s go to the arena and that will be the official end.”

We all nodded and made our way to the arena. My heart was beating in excitement at the end, Jae and I can live happily again. Peacefully, with no battles anymore. The tough moments we spent together made us cherish each other more.

“Tae, I am so excited for peace again.”

“Me too.” I planted a kiss on her forehead and we smiled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Narration.

They soon reached the arena and there waiting is the whole of the Association and Company. All the werewolves and vampires we there to witness the big end, and the panel’s decision of who is the winner. The werewolves’ and vampires’ cheers and shouts were deafening and everyone was happy at the safe arrival of both teams.

Mr Kang was standing right in the middle of the huge stage and he gestured for the two teams to come up to the stage.

He smiled at each one of them and gave them pats on their back, before turning back to the podium and spoke into the microphone.

“LET US CONGRATULATE THE SAFE ARRIVAL OF BOTH TEAMS!” He said happily and the arena broke into roars of excitement. People snapped pictures and some blew whistles, it was fantastic.

“You are allowed to put the boulders down now.”

Hoya and Rap Monster slowly lowered the boulders and flexed their backs, earning another round of applause.

“These two teams here, have did their best in achieving the gem, accomplished missions and faced life and death situations, however, through this big battle, they gained more experience and values that no one can ever measure. With that! I announce that the battle is officially OV-”

“WAIT! NOT SO FAST! HAHAHA!”

All heads turned around, trying to find the source of the voice.

“Sorry? Who said that?” Mr Kang said firmly.

“Muahahaha! Look up here.” The voice of this person is sending everyone into attack mode. He sounds eerily familiar.

All heads looked up in the ceiling and all eyes widened in horror.

“No way…” Jae-na gulped.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

Hey guys! I know that this chapter is a little crappy, I’m sorry! T_T And yes, I left a cliffhanger for all of you! *evil laughter*

Also, guys, I suppose that all of you know about the MH370 flight incident and the Sewol ferry incident right? Both incidents are equally tragic and it breaks my heart to hear about all the news of them. So let us all pray for their safety alright? Let’s hope that they can all return to their families safely.