Chapter 46

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

 

Your POV.

“We’re here.”

I took a deep breath and jumped down off the bat’s back. I landed in a crouching position suavely. Standing up, I dusted myself, in the mean time, they got down of the bat too. I turned around and faced the giant bat.

“Even though you’ve scared me a little… Oh well, we’re the same kind.”

“You can say that.” It said.

I chuckled, flashing my fangs a little. The bat purred again and bent down. I its fur and patted its head.

“Alright, we got to go. Say bye guys!”

“BYE!” They all chorused and waved.

“Bye, good luck teams!” It said, slowly, it flapped its giant wings and flew off into the sky.

---

“Alright, oppas let’s go!” I slung my arms around my two best friends as we smiled and moved towards the tallest mountain on the island.

It was getting really warm and humid as we near the mountains and it was getting really stuffy among the trees around the island. Many of us were getting tired, Jongin oppa and Jongup oppa was getting extra tired.

“Jongin-ah, gwenchana?” Kyungsoo oppa asked.

“I feel really hot and nauseous.” Jongin oppa replied while shaking his head, in an attempt to clear his cloudy vision.

“Jongup hyung is feeling really hot!” Hyun Woo shouted after he read Jongup oppa’s mind.

“Ah! Why didn’t I think of it!” I exclaimed.

They all looked at me, expecting a good idea.

“SHINee oppa, is it possible to form a barrier around us? Like a ball?”

“Yeah. SURROUND!” They shouted and a huge blue ball encircled around us and it slowly became a ball.

“Isn’t it going to be warmer like that?” Himchan oppa whined.

“Howon oppa! Can you work some ice magic around?”

He shrugged and snapped his fingers. Slowly, we can feel the temperature dropping as he slowly froze the barrier around us. I smiled in delight as my plan succeeded.

“But we can’t walk…” Kris oppa voiced out.

“Right… But we always have Sunggyu oppa to count on! Oppa.” I nodded.

He shut his eyes and put his arms out. Suddenly, our barrier slowly lifted off the ground and floated above in mid air. The werewolf family was very impressed and thankful for our help in all the challenges we had gone through.

“Jae-na, directions.” He said, still shutting his eyes.

“Continue moving up for 10 seconds, now.”

We slowly moved up and stopped just above the tree tops.

“Move forward for 20 seconds.”

We then proceeded forward, inching closer and closer towards the bright red hot mountain.

“We’re nearing the Devil Top.” Hyun Jin, our knowledgeable girl said.

“Burning hot lava coming out at 1000 degree Celsius.” Youngjae oppa, our brainiac spoke and smirked.

I chuckled and nodded at their comments, are they like competing or something? Hahaha!

“20.” Sunggyu oppa said.

“Perfect. Lower us down oppa.”

Slowly, we descended and reached the grounds. The SHINee oppa’s took back the barrier and we were again, overwhelmed by the heat. Us vampires, are so much more sensitive to heat compared to any other creatures, okay maybe except the mermaids.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV.

 

Jae and her brothers are so cool, we’re all very thankful for whatever they have done for us. As we’re hiked up the mountain, I could see three boxes of different heights laid out in front of us. But, where’s the gem?

 

“OHMYGOSH DODGE!” Baekhyun hyung and RapMon hyung shouted.

Looking up, we saw a fiery fireball coming straight at us!

“Dongwoo oppa!” I heard Jae scream at the top of her lungs.

Expecting the burning sensation on my body, I slowly opened my eyes when I realised nothing came. I looked up and realised that the fire ball was controlled by Dongwoo hyung. I scrambled up on my feet and moved towards Jae. She wrapped her arms around me and tried to calm me down. He then threw the fire ball somewhere far away.

“What’s that? Where did it come from?” Minseok hyung questioned.

“THERE!” Chanyeol hyung pointed up towards the mountain.

We all looked up and saw one of the most beautiful mythological creatures.

“It’s… It’s a dragon.” Taemin hyung said.

This dragon was full black, with a pair of majestic shining black wings and her eyes were shining a golden yellow.

“I thought they weren’t real…” Luhan hyung replied.

“Seriously? You are saying this as a werewolf, and I’m a vampire. Who’s not real now?” L hyung said with crossed arms.

“Oh right. Hehe.” Luhan hyung said and scratched his head.

“ENOUGH OF BABBLING.” The dragon spoke.

I held onto Jae’s hands as I felt her trembling. We looked at each other and nodded.

“D-Dragon? Do you have a n-name?” She asked.

“Of course I do.”

I swear it smirked at that moment! Can dragons smirk? Oh well, no time for that. He swopped down and landed right in front of Jae. She stumbled back and I held onto her to balance her. She gulped and stood back up, confident again.

“My name is Bianca-”

“You’re a girl?!” Woohyun hyung exclaimed, “And they dare to say women are not scary…”

“EXCUSE ME?!” Jung Ha, Jinnie, Jae and Bianca shouted at Woohyun hyung and we all laughed.

“Do not provoke a lady, hyung.” Sungjong  hyung said and chuckled and Woohyun grunted.

“Don’t interrupt me! My name is Bianca, guardian of the three gems of honour. The Gem of Sun, The Gem of Moon and The Gem of Eclipse. What are you intruders doing here?!”

I stepped up front and faced Bianca.

“We are the teams from the Battle of the Century, we are supposed to collect a gem from here?”

“What? You are the two teams? I thought you guys were supposed to be fighting? I can’t even differentiate which teams are you from!”

“Long story… But we need to collect the gem.” I said again.

The dragoness shook her head and chuckled.

“Not so easy handsome.” Bianca walked around us in circles. “I am Bianca, the best guardian in the Legend of the Dragons. I am in charge here for a reason. To GUARD.”

“Wait, so do we fight? Or what?” Daehyun hyung asked.

“Impossible you guys will win me.” Bianca replied confidently, “You all have ONE chance to try to guess which of these boxes, hides the gem.”

“Among these three?” Suga hyung asked.

“Hah. Nah.”

She started chanting some strange words and suddenly, another hundred boxes descended. She flapped her wings and they started to shuffle. We blocked our face and squinted our eyes from the strong wind.

“Tae, how are we going to know which is which when we don’t even know which gem we are supposed to collect, and what’s more, they are all of different shapes and sizes.” Jae whispered to me.

“I don’t know, Jae.” I looked around in confusion.

“I know!” We all shot our heads towards Youngjae hyung.

“What do you know smarty?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

“I remember there was one hint that we haven’t ‘used’ yet.” Youngjae hyung said.

“Oh yeah! The one about ‘Tallest’.” Jinnie continued.

“Right! We just have to find the tallest box among them.” Youngjae hyung replied.

Just then, Bianca threw a bomb at us.

“Oh, you guys have 5 minutes to choose. Otherwise, all of you are going there.” She pointed at the edge of the cliff with her wings.

“What?! 5 minutes?! We-” Sehun hyung was cut off.

“Your time starts NOW.” Bianca stated.

And the whole world went into a fluster. Time is ticking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

 

Hey guys! I’m back with another chapter! How was it? :)

tumblr_me3a2o0Jg41rli4iwo1_400.gif

 

Sorry if it’s not up to your expectations. *bows*

 

Hehe, alright, please do leave me comments, do subscribe and join our little family! I’ll see you guys soon, bye!