Chapter 27

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Your POV.

“Hey! Who’s on for a game of beach volleyball?” Himchan oppa asked enthusiastically.

“ME!” All of us chorused.

“Vamps vs Wolves?” Kai oppa asked with a smirk.

“We’ll let you use your powers!” Jin oppa said.

 

“What? So confident?” Onew oppa smirked.

“Of course! Volleyball is known as the werewolf game!” Tao oppa countered.

“Hahaha! Real funny, don’t blame us if we win then!” Yongguk oppa said while flashing his gummy smile.

 

So we were soon in the game of a huge, HUGE, volleyball match. 19 on 19. Hyun Jin, Hyun Woo and Jung Ha were our supporters.

 

“Are you all ready?” Hyun Jin said.

“YES!”

“The game will start in 3.” Hyun Woo said.

“2!” Jung Ha said.

“1! START!” All three of them said with a grin.

 

Once it started, Yongguk oppa threw the ball up so high with his immense strength and sent the ball flying over the other side. We thought no one would be able to catch the ball, but Jimin oppa and Tao oppa jumped into the air, Jimin oppa got the ball and set it to Tao oppa, who effectively spiked  the volleyball over to our side.

 

Sungjung oppa ran at his fastest speed and dug the ball up mid air.

 

“MINE! Jongup-ah!” Sunggyu oppa shouted.

 

He used telekinesis to send the ball to Jongup oppa, the SHINee oppas built a voice barrier, which Jongup oppa stepped on for aid, he jumped and sent the ball over to the other side. The wolves were too engrossed watching all our powers and missed the ball, so, a point for us!

 

“One point to the Vampires!” Hyun Jin said.

“Daebak!” Suho oppa exclaimed.

“Next round! Werewolves start!” Jung Ha said with enthusiasm.

 

Lay oppa threw the ball up high on cue and sent the ball to our side. Almost immediately, Myungsoo oppa used a strong water beam to hit the ball back. Hoya oppa froze the water beam, right as the ball is about to travel to the other side. Then with a flick of his wrist, Dongwoo oppa melted the water beam and the ball landed.

 

At the split second, Taehyung rushed forward and dug the ball, Suga oppa set the ball, then Luhan oppa ran and spiked the ball over. We didn’t manage to catch it, thus, the ball landed on the sand. One point for the wolves!

 

Padoong. Padoong. The way his eyes shone with determination. Wow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV.

 

“One point to the wolves!” Hyun Woo said.

“Next round starting with the vampires!” Jinnie said.

 

Yongguk hyung started the ball, but he accidentally threw the ball too high up. Zelo quickly changed his size, he became twice the height of himself and lightly hit the ball over to our side.

 

“WHOA! That kid can change his size!” Kris hyung exclaimed and all our jaws dropped.

“YAH HYUNG! THE BALL!” Sehun hyung screamed towards the direction of Kris hyung.

“No worries! I got it!”

 

Chanyeol hyung rushed forward and blocked the ball, J-Hope hyung rushed forward and dug the ball up high, Jung Kook ran forward in three steps and spiked the ball over to the other side.

 

“DAE! The ball will go to you!” Youngjae hyung shouted.

 

The ball haven’t even reached the other side, how does he know?! Eventually, the ball really went over to Daehyun hyung’s side. He quickly formed a voice barrier which rebounded the ball, Jonghyun hyung formed another voice barrier which rebounded the ball to Jae-na, she gracefully slided forward and spiked the ball over to our side.

 

Padoong. Padoong. The way she smiled when the ball came to our side was… Angelic…

 

Kim Taehyung! What were you thinking? O.O

 

“Ball!” The next moment, the ball hit my head and I fell to the ground.

“Taehyung-ah! Gwenchana?” Kyungsoo hyung came over and supported my head.

 

The vampires soon rushed over.

 

“Yeol oppa, can you treat his head? I’ll do his scraped knee.” Jae-na said.

“Okay!”

 

Soon, I felt a warm pair of hands on my head. Sungyeol hyung closed his eyes and a warm orange glow surrounded my head, and the pain was gone. The same orange glow soon appeared on my knee, the scrape on my knee slowly disappeared, and my knee looks like it was never hurt.

 

“Kamsahamnida. Wait, Jae-na, you’re a healer?” I asked when I remembered her sprained ankle.

“Couldn’t trust you that time, I healed it under the grey cloth.” She snickered.

“What?! I wasted my energy carrying you little fatty back!” I pretended to be shocked.

“Yah!! Kim Taehyung! I told you I could walk!”She stifled a laugh.

 

“Tch. Oh, Youngjae hyung, how do you know when the ball is going towards who? You can read minds?” I asked with curiosity.

“I don’t read minds, gosh, does a ball have a mind? Calculation of course.” He rolled his eyes jokingly.

 

I mentally smacked myself. Oh right. A ball with a mind to read. Perfect sense isn’t, it Kim Taehyung.

 

“By calculating the direction and approximate speed of the ball, I predicted the ball would go to Dae.” He said like it was nothing.

“Woah, so you’re the brains in them?” Chen hyung asked.

“Safe to say, yes.” Youngjae hyung replied.

“I’m the brain of us too!” Chen hyung said.

 

“What?! NO WAY MAN. Hahaha!” We all said and burst out laughing.

“Alright, let’s take a break and prepare for dinner!” Baekhyun hyung said.

“Yes, gosh I’m starving!” Jonghyun hyung and Daehyun hyung said at the same time.

 

“Gosh, the gluttons.” Key hyung rolled his eyes and we all laughed.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s Corner:

 

What’s with all the Padoong Padoongs? O.O Oops. Stay tuned to find out!

 

If you’re not subscribed to this story, please do subscribe! Please leave me some comments and tell me what you think of the story, I would greatly appreciate feedback and I do reply!

 

Hello to my new readers! Welcome welcome~ Say hi to the SHINee oppas!

 

a22q53

 

Till next time!:D *bows*