Chapter 4

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

“Alright class dismissed.” Mrs Hwang announced. The class turned into ruckus as they rushed out of the classroom. I slowly packed my bag, thinking of going to the sheltered rooftop and skipping lunch when Hyun Woo and Jung Ha came over.

“Let’s have lunch together Jae-na!” Jung Ha squealed in excitement. Urgh… I cannot turn her down right? Her puppy eyes blinked at me.

“Okay,” I smiled.

“Assa! Let’s go!” Hyun Woo put his arm around Jung Ha and I, I laughed and we walked to the canteen together.

 

Once I stepped into the canteen, my jaws dropped. How can a canteen be so HUGE and LUXURIOUS?

 

“Close your mouth up Jae-na! Hahaha!” Jung Ha pushed my jaw. “Yes, I heard that Empire High School is said to have one of the best lunch halls and facilities, the food too! Yum!” She looked around with interested eyes.

“Come, get a tray!” a friendly Ajumma said, “School must have been hard, come on I’ll serve you.” She gestured for us to follow her.

“Kamsahamnida Ajumma!” The three of us bowed and exclaimed in excitement.

 

After we collected our food, we found a seat and settled down. “Jal moke get sum nida!” We all said then we dug in.

 

“Hey, you know that this year is going to be the Battle of the Century right?” Hyun Woo asked with his mouth full.

“Of course!” I nodded.

“Do you think we’re going to win?” Jung Ha asked.

“Duh! We won’t lose to those stupid cotton balls!” I said and rolled my eyes.

“Woah, you’ve got a pretty big chunk of hatred there.” Hyun Woo said.

“Yes with a heated passion,” I said and we went back to eating, when suddenly.

 

“OMO OPPA!!!!!!!!!!” The whole canteen suddenly erupted in screams and shouts. I looked towards the door. In came, strolling with hands in their pockets, the SHINee oppas. They looked like they were glowing in their white school uniform, each different Years, we get different uniforms. In Year 4, you get white, Year 3 gets black, Year 2 gets blue and us Year 1 get maroon.

 

They looked around and spotted me. They beamed and walked over to you, each giving you a small hug and went off to get their food. I smiled and turn back to my table, ignoring all the gasps and stares but two pairs of eyes as wide as car wheels were pretty hard to avoid.

 

“T-they are your brothers?!” I nodded my head and smiled at Jung Ha. Even before Hyun Woo wanted to ask a question, another wave of screams erupted. I looked towards the entrance and I saw seven charming INFINITE oppas walk in and begin scanning around the whole canteen. Sunggyu oppa saw me first and told the rest. They walked towards me, gave me a small hug, and went off smiling. I chuckled and looked at Hyun Woo’s face. “Yes, them too.”

 

Jung Ha opened when one more round of screams sounded throughout the lunch hall. You guessed it, the B.A.P oppas walked in with their navy blue uniform and Jongup caught sight of me and gestured to the rest. They gave me fist-pumps and I whispered to Daehyun oppa, “Oppa, there’s cheesecake today.” His eyes widened, he nodded coolly and skipped off to the counter. I bit back a laugh.

 

“OMO, Im Jae-na, what is your- no no- what is-” I chuckled at Jung Ha stuttering.

 

I began explaining my life story to them and pretty much the whole canteen was listening. Squeals and gasps were everywhere. They could not believe what they heard, when I finished, they slowly dispersed in shock.

 

“So, you’re saying all of you are orphans,” said Hyun Woo.

“Stay together,” continued Jung Ha.

“Are literally a family, Yes.” I ended.

“Wah, Daebak sageon..” That’s all they managed to say.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's corner:

Thank you for reading^^ I've reached 5 subscribers~ Thank you!:)

 

aww_exo-k_heart_gif.gif

 

Please leave a comment and subscribe to the story!:D