Chapter 42

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Your POV.

We continued walking, towards the direction of the Sea of Aquatic monsters. The atmosphere was getting colder and colder but really, cold weather to a vampire? Small case.  No, not even a problem. Dino also has a thick coat of fur so no worries for him too. We continued on as Jung Ha suddenly spoke.

“Yongguk oppa is feeling faint.” She said with a anxious voice.

All heads shot towards Yongguk oppa’s direction. Of course, he’s been carrying the boulder for a full day already. He’s wearing out. We rushed over to him and lifted the boulder off him. The next person who is carrying the boulder is Jonghyun oppa. Although he is voice powered, he has been working out a lot, the next fittest is probably him and Jongup oppa.

After strapping the boulder on Jonghyun oppa, I went over to Yongguk oppa and made him turn around, Sungyeol oppa and I focused as we healed him from his strained back and he became more energetic. We then continued on to our journey to the Sea of Aquatic Monsters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V’s POV.

“Someone help me, I can’t hold on any longer.” Tao hyung panted weakly.

Suga hyung immediately ran over at top speed and helped to lift the boulder off Tao hyung.

“Put it on me.” Jimin hyung crouched down. He’s one of the fittest in our group.

We nodded and helped to secure the boulder on Jimin hyung’s back and we continued with our journey. The temperature around us significantly dropped as we neared the Sea of Aquatic Monsters. Oh well, werewolves aren’t afraid of the cold, we’re strong wolves.

We reached the destination in awhile and I gulped a mouth of saliva. The place is frozen. There is a dangling rusty sign saying “WARNING: DO NOT ENTER. BEWARE OF MONSTERS!”

“Yehet. We reached!” Sehun hyung chirped.

We looked at each other and continued towards the big lake. The whole entire lake was frozen and not one soul is in sight. I heaved a sigh of relief and smiled.

“There isn’t anything here? What’s the challenge?” I asked.

“No Taehyung-ah, look.” Jung Kook hyung pointed towards the frozen lake.

I look closely and saw nothing.

“What hyung? I don’t see– ”

That was when I realised that there was something inside there. The ‘nothing’ I saw was literally the creature the creature’s back. This creature, is humongous. We were just divided from it by a thin layer of ice, anything, anything, could happen in the second when we are crossing this lake over to the other side. We need to cross this lake to get to the Land of Giants.

“Oh . What are we supposed to do?” Lay hyung asked.

“Tae!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV.

We were nearing the destination when I heard a familiar voice. Tae is here?

“Oppa, do you hear Taehyung?” I asked my brothers.

“Yeah! Oh, they are there!” Sunggyu oppa pointed.

We hurriedly rushed to them as I shouted his name.

“Tae!” I wrapped my arms around him.

He turned around and was so surprised to see me. He planted a quick kiss on my forehead and explained what they saw to us.

“Wow… So what can we do?” Onew oppa asked.

Dino suddenly sniffed around and walked over to Hyun Jin. He noticed a neon green egg and pointed at excitedly. Hyun Jin handed the egg to him carefully, he took it and walked off for awhile. We turned back to the frozen lake. I could vaguely see the creature swimming around and to be honest, I was terrified. This creature is huge, monstrous!

“Should we just cross it carefully?” Woohyun oppa suggested.

“I think it’s the only way…” Himchan oppa added.

“I think its do-able.” Xiumin oppa nodded in agreement.

We are agreed to the plan we walked to the edge of the lake and took a deep breath. The common thing among us is our rapidly beating hearts. Tae held onto my hands strongly, he whispered into my ear.

“Jae, we can do this together.”

“I hope so Tae.”

“I love you, my strong girl.”

I nodded and pecked his lips lightly. We decided to go in pairs so as to minimize the weight on the ice. The first pair was Yongguk oppa and Himchan oppa. They crossed carefully and lightly, we all held our breaths, praying for them. Slowly, they were nearing the other side, as we got more and more nervous.

Finally, they set foot onto the other end of the lake and we all heaved a sigh of relief, careful not to make any noise. We fist pumped the air and gave them a thumbs up signal. Slowly pair by pair, they slowly crossed the lake and they were all successful. The last pair we have with us was Sungjong oppa and Suga oppa, the two of them lightly ran at top speed to the other side, and they were safe.

At last, it was Tae and I.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V’s POV.

I can sense how nervous Jae is, I wrapped my arms around her and laid her head on my shoulder.

“Jae, you can do this okay? I’ll be there to protect you from anything in the world, trust me.”

She looked at me with teary eyes, she looked towards the lake and looked back at me. She took a few deep breaths.

“But what if– ” I crashed my lips onto hers.

I didn’t want her to think of anything negative at this moment, I felt her kissing me back and I relaxed a little too. We pulled away and I flashed a smile at her.

“Jae, your kisses do wonder too, you know?” She blushed a little and my heart did a little somersaults. Jae, why are you shaking my heart?

“Are you ready?”

“Yes, ever ready with you around.”

I held her hands and we took our first step out towards the frozen lake. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. We were at the middle of the lake when all of a sudden, Jae lost balance and she fell first to the ground.

The creature underneath the ice immediately froze. We all froze as I quickly help Jae get back on her feet. I could see that the creature is turning back and coming at us. I hurriedly held Jae and tried to cross the lake.

“WATCH OUT!” Daehyun hyung screamed but it was too late.

The creature broke through the ice and jumped up at us. Its snake-like body rose up from the lake and this snake-like creature showed us rows and rows of razor sharp teeth.

“Serpent.” Jae whispered.

I then remembered on the card. Hint: Serpent. Oh no, we are in deep trouble. Its red eyes stared right through our bodies and we were terrified.

“HURRY RUN!” HyunWoo screamed.

We scrambled and tried to run but the Serpent lifted his head and slammed itself onto the lake, causing more pieces of ice to break apart, we were in the risk of dropping into the water and then get eaten up by this Serpent. We continued running and slowly jumping onto the floating ice pieces.

However, we noticed that the Serpent disappeared.

“Ah! TAE!”

The ice that Jae and I were standing on broke apart! Jae dropped into the freezing water as I held onto her just on time. I started to puller her back onto the piece of ice as I notice a black shadow forming under her.

The Serpent is coming.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

CLIFFHANGER! Oops.

So how do you all like this chapter? :)

Oh, guys, I have been noticing unsubscribers on my story recently and I really feel very upset. Is my story not good? Please leave me comments and please tell me how I can improve on this story. This is my first time writing and I really need your support. :/ I’m sorry if it’s not up to your expectations, I will do my best to improve on this story so please do stay with me! 

tumblr_ljmy8vWvk61qejoa4o1_400.gif