Chapter 14

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Your POV.

Once I stepped into the academy, the usual routine happened, we put down our umbrellas and seas of fangirls surrounded us, only this time, they were surprisingly asking about… me.

“Jae-na–ssi, are you really going to take part in the presidential elections?”

“Jae-na, are you able to it?”

“Are you capable?”

“What can you do for us?”

 

The questions were overwhelming, I did not know which one to answer first, my eyebrows furrowed together, and my lips sealed into a tight line. I really wanted to barge through them and run away but I know I cannot. Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke up.

 

“STOP!” Youngjae oppa said with a firm voice.

 

Youngjae oppa has always been the one teasing me and being sarcastic, but he always protects and shields me from verbal attacks and overturning the battle with his witty and quick remarks, his brainpower is formidable and is able to read people with much precision.

 

“Please stop stressing our future President out, any questions will be answered during the elections, she will not let you all down. Now if you may please, give the President some space, thank you.” He smirked and slightly bowed.

 

Almost immediately, the sea of people divided into two parts and moved, all shocked by his words. I looked at him with awe and he smiled, assuring me with a nod. We quickly walked to our class and I settled down on my seat and stretched my neck with a small turn.

 

“Jae-na!” Hyun Woo walked in with Jung Ha beside him. Oh no, questions…

“How’s your weekend?” Jung Ha asked gently.

“Great!” I answered with a smile, reminiscing the fun and enjoyable picnic.

The nodded and settled on their seats. Hyun Woo sits in front of me while Jung Ha is beside me. Hyun Woo took out his phone and stated playing while Jung Ha took out her book to read. It was quiet for a moment and I looked at them with raised brows. I was curious why they are not asking about the elections since everybody is asking.

 

“Guys?” They all looked up from their activities.

“Nope, we’re not asking you anything.” Jung Ha said with a cheeky grin.

“Stop reading my mind!” I slapped her arm playfully.

“Alright alright, we are not asking you because we are afraid of stressing you out. What’s more, if you really want to talk about it you would automatically.” Hyun Woo answered with a smile.

“Awwww…” I stood up and we had a group hug.

“Thank you for being so thoughtful. Actually, my brothers were the one who nominated me. I was pretty upset but I understood where they came from, but I’m really not sure if I’m able to do it.” I said while looking down with a puzzled look on my face.

“Of course you can silly!” Jung Ha said.

“We know you can! Hwaiting Jae-na!” Hyun Woo did a ‘Fighting sign’ and we all laughed.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV.

 

We reached home in awhile and saw 17 boys running around the house. Chanyeol hyung saw me and shouted, “TAEHYUNG YOU’RE BACK!” The giant ran towards me and hugged me tight. I patted his back and said, “H-hyung, I can’t b-breathe.” He let go hurriedly, patted my back and looked apologetically at me, “Ah! Mianhae.” I gulped in large amounts of air to compensate my loss of air in the few seconds.

 

“Where were you? We were all so worried! Do you know we were looking all over for you? Wow, that was three ‘were’s in a sentence.” Suga hyung started laughing at himself. We all rolled our eyes and shook our heads, “I went for some fresh air.” I told everybody and they all nodded in understanding. “Let’s all prepare for school guys, it’s getting late.” Baekhyun hyung said.

 

“Nae umma! Hahaha!” We all laughed and went to take our uniforms from our bags.

 

In a short while, we were all ready and set off to school from Kris Hyung’s house. Once we reached school, girls surrounded us, majority saying that I looked handsome on TV yesterday and that they will support me all the way. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at them, all they cared were looks. Shallow was the word to describe them.

 

“Please give us some space to pass, we need to go to classes.” Jin Hyung said and we walked away. I bade the hyungs goodbye and went to my class, just to find my tablemate, Hyun Jin of course, taking a short nap. She looked cute with her large specs hanging loosely on her nose bridge. I tapped her lightly and she shot up, with her hair in a small mess. I moved back in shock and knocked into the table behind.

 

“Ah, oppa! Jwesonghamnida!” She quickly pulled me back to balance and I laughed at her flustered look.

“Gwenchana, I’m fine.” I quickly settled down and she continued reading the page of her book where she dozed off at. No questions..?

“Hyun Jin-ah, aren’t you going to ask me questions?” I asked with curiosity.

“What questions? Math homework was okay, English was fine.” She replied quickly.

“No no, about the elections.” I asked.

 

“Oh that.” She shook her head, eyes not leaving her book. “I don’t want to stress you out. Oppa, just do your best, Hyun Jin will support you!” She smiled at me.

I ruffled her hair, “Thank you for your understanding Hyun Jin-ah.”

She shook her head and continued reading her book. It is such a fortune to be able to make friends with people like her, pure, mannerful and understanding.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Corner:

Hey hey~ How was this chapter? Please leave comments!:)

 

I have good news! I reached 300 views! KAMSAHAMNIDA EVERYONE!

 

tumblr_lzwin3gtvd1r3hzyz.gif

 

excited.gif

Hello to all of you!

joon_excited_waving.gif

Thank you for your support! Much loves to all of you!:D