Chapter 41

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

 

Your POV.

Once Mr Kang shouted into the megaphone, Yongguk oppa and Tao oppa started walking. They way they walked, it seems as though they were not carrying anything. They walked on with confidence and determination sparkled in their eyes.

“Jae-ah, where’s the first destination?” Hyun Woo asked. Hyun Woo and Jung Ha will help to read the boulder-carrier’s mind to let them reserve their energy.

I unrolled the map of the Kingdom of Hybrids and let my finger travel along the map.

“To the Jungle of free-willed beasts!” I said and looked at Yongguk oppa, “Aye aye!” Jung Ha said and we laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V’s POV.

“Hyung, the first destination is The Jungle of free-willed beasts!” I looked at Tao hyung. He simply nodded and we trudged along the way. We reached the jungle in about 10 minutes and the rusting sound of the tall trees echoed around the huge jungle.

“Do you think the beasts here will eat me?” Luhan hyung whispered.

“Lu-Ge, do you really think you’re a deer? No they won’t!” Jongdae hyung laughed.

*Grrrr.*

We all froze.

“I t-think I will take back my words?” Jongdae hyung tried to sound as calm as possible.

I slowly turned around and came face-to-face with a green scaly creature. It stared right back at me. I didn’t know where to focus at, as this beast had freaking five eyes. Its eyes shone like a citrine gem as its iris darted around at the 20 of us. I gulped and took a back-pedal when it growled again. I quickly stepped forward and stumbled.

“All right, c-calm down boy.” I placed both my arms in front of me and tried to ‘negotiate’ with it.

Suddenly, the beast opened his mouth and wrapped its slimy mouth around my hands. My eyes widened like saucers as I stared at the beast.

“Taehyung!” My brothers exclaimed. I could feel them running towards me.

“Hold on!” They stopped coming forward as I cocked my head to the side in deep thought, “This creature has no teeth!”

“What?” They questioned.

Jinnie walked forward carefully and examined the big beast. She walked around and found a big broken nest, full of neon green eggs.

“Oppas, she was just being protective over her babies!”

“It was a HER! Taehyung, she must be angry because you called her a ‘boy’!” Jin hyung teased.

“I’m sorry! Hey guys, I think she’s asking us to help her rebuild her nest, its broken.”

They all nodded in agreement and I slowly pulled my hands out of . We looked around for strong sturdy branches and started to build a nest for her. Helping each other with big stones and rocks, we succeeded and built a bigger and stronger nest for her.

She nodded at us in appreciation and pointed to her hind legs. We were all confused but decided to walk over. I found a white card on her hind legs and opened it.

Congratulations!

Thank you for building a nest for this helpless mother.

Carry one of her eggs with you, it will hatch into a strong beast like its mother and will help you on your quest.

All the best!

Hint: Serpent

“I see! We get a hint or help if we overcome an obstacle!” Kris hyung said.

The mother beast then handed one of her eggs to us. I think I can make out a little smile on her face. We bowed and left the place, with a big boulder, a neon green egg, and a new found teamwork among us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV.

We were deep in the jungle and the humid weather was killing me. My body was sticky with all the perspiration and I felt extremely agitated. Nothing was happening and all we can do is walk. And walk. And did I mention walk?

“Jae-na!”

I scratched my head and continued walking.

“Jae-na!”

My eyes were droopy and couldn’t focus properly.

“Im Jae-na!”

*BUMP!*

I knocked onto something hard. I rolled my eyes and stared at this whatever thing, that is blocking my path. I looked up and immediately realized that I’ve bumped into something, and it is not very happy.

I was less than an inch away from this hairy beast. This creature looked like Dongwoo oppa when he is too lazy and refuses to shave in the morning. I heard Jung Ha and Hyun Woo chuckle, they heard my thoughts, crap.

Anyways, this beast had his eyes on us and no one dared to move an inch. All of a sudden, its eyes turned crimson red as he let out a loud roar. All of them screamed and tried to move away but Sungyeol oppa and I stayed rooted to the grounds.

“Jae-na! Sungyeol!” Onew oppa gestured for us to move away.

I looked at Sungyeol oppa and I confirmed that we noticed the same thing. The animal was hurt. The cry it let out just now was filled with agony and pain to us, healer’s ears. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the being. Sungyeol oppa and I tried to locate the spot of the injury and finally, we found it. It was on its heel.

But, the question was, how do we let the beast lie down?

“ROAR!” The creature bellowed in agony again.

“Jae-na, Sungyeol, come back!” Sunggyu oppa said anxiously.

“Oppa, the animal is hurt!”

“What?! What can we do to help?” Myungsoo oppa said.

That’s my brothers for you. They are very loving and caring to animals, humans too of course!

An idea popped into my head. I smiled and turned to the SHINee oppas.

“Oppa, build a protective barrier around the creature, exclude its legs.”

“Surround!” The five of them opened their mouths and a barrier immediately formed. The creature was thrashing wildly around and hitting the barrier repeatedly.

“Hoya oppa! Freeze the barrier!” He snapped his fingers and the barrier froze. The creature stopped moving and it was dead silent.

“Junhong oppa! Size change and try to lay the creature horizontally down.” Junghong oppa immediately changed to became tall giant and laid the creature down with ease.

Sungyeol oppa and I got to work. We knelt down beside the creatures foot and examined its heel. As we expected, a long metal rod pierced into the creatures big feet. The beast’s injury was starting to get infected, luckily we knew better.

I slowly formed a ball of orange glow and guided it towards the rod. The rod slowly got pulled out gently, once it was all out, I snapped my fingers and the rod disappeared to the “old scrap metal place” to be recycled.

Sungyeol oppa formed a light green ball and sent it towards the creatures feet and it healed completely without a scar.

Slowly, the barrier’s effect worn off and the ice melted, the creature stumbled upon its feet and looked at us. He stomped on its heel a couple of times, trying out its “new heel”. – Pun intended :P –

“Feeling better little guy? No, big guy?” I asked with a chuckle.

The beast nodded a little and handed me a white card.

Congratulations, this is your first animal helper.

Thank you for trying to save this big guy.

All the best on your journey!

Hint: Serpent

“I see! We get a clue or a helper if we solve an obstacle!” Youngjae oppa grinned.

I smiled widely. This is getting more and more exciting!

We proceeded on with this big guy that we named “Dino”, after Dongwoo oppa and Jonghyun oppa. Our new friend here is actually a very nice guy, just don’t put metal rods around!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

Hello! How is this chapter for you guys?:)

Hopefully you’ve enjoyed it, please subscribe and be sure to leave me comments!

Thank you! Till next time!

“Go Taeminnie oppa!”

tumblr_m4k6uxqpvs1qiz3qko1_500.gif