Chapter 31

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

Author’s Narration.

Jae-na and V stared blankly at the ground, biting their lips. They were both drenched and freezing, the only thing warm though, was their hands. They held each other’s hands, ready to face the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV.

Why isn’t the oppas saying anything? I was puzzled and wanted to ask them but on the other hand, I was scared what would happen. I plucked my courage, gave Taehyung’s hand a gentle squeeze and looked up at my brothers.

“I was thinking how long they were going to stare at the ground.” Luhan oppa chuckled.

What? Did he just…chuckle? What is going on? I guess my facial expression showed it all.

“You’re wondering why we aren’t angry are you?” Junhong oppa asked.

 

I nodded carefully.

 

“Because it happened. We were just seeing when it will happen, and we’re just surprised it’s the two of you.” Chen oppa stated with a slight smile.

 

What? Waiting for what to happen?

 

“My slow-thinking baby sister isn’t going to understand if you state it like that, Jongdae hyung. Let me. Jae-na, Taehyung, whatever I’m going to say, register it in your brain carefully, araji?”

“Nae.” The two of us answered together.

 

“There is this legend about a werewolf and vampire falling in love with each other, this pair will change the world, will make history! This pair will let the werewolves and vampires co-exist. We just didn’t think it would happen in our generation and to the both of you.”

 

I gripped Taehyung’s hand. We both looked at each other blankly trying to digest whatever my brother just said. Us? The legendary pair? To make vampires and werewolves co-exist? Is that even possible?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V’s POV.

 

What did Youngjae hyung just say? Jae-na and I, to bring the two sides together? This is impossible! I looked at Jae-na and saw how confused she looked. I wrapped my arms around her. I realized that I needed to be Jae-na’s support, I cannot fall.

 

“Jae?”

“Hmm?” Her soft response ached me.

“Jae, we can do this together. If the people won’t understand, we’ll explain to them. If you’re burdened, I will share the burden with you. If you get lost, I will help you find your way.”

“Are you sure about this Tae?”

“Yes, I am sure.”

“To take on the vampires?”

“I am ready to take on the whole world single-handed! As long as you’re holding my other hand.”

 

“Aish! Kim Taehyung, don’t be so mushy!” Jin hyung shouted.

“Yah hyung!”

“Araso, yah, Tae, we’re like real brothers aren’t we?” Chanyeol hyung said.

 

I nodded my head.

 

“Then, no matter how cheesy this is, know that we will always be at your back, we will support you.”

“Yes! Don’t you worry!” Suga hyung said with a smile.

“Araso, you guys are the best, really!”

 

They laughed and all patted my back.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jae-na’s POV.

 

I felt warm and fuzzy when Taehyung said those words, he is just so sweet and reliable.

 

“Jae-ah, don’t you worry about anything, you have 18 powerful oppas who will even bring you the moon if you wanted, we will all be here for you my baby sister, you were never alone since you were our sister.” Hoya oppa said and ruffled my hair.

 

I felt tears blur my vision once again.

 

“Yah! Lee Howon! Why did you make Jae-na cry?!” Sunggyu oppa rushed over.

“Aniyo oppa, I’m just very very touched. I feel so lucky to have all of you by my side. You all never ever left me, and to be so protective over someone who actually has no blood relations to you. T-this is just… Egumeonina, why am I crying. Oppa, jinjja Kamsahamnida.”

“Aigoo, Jae-na, don’t cry! We’re all here for you too.” Jung Ha said and Hyunwoo nodded too.

 

I nodded at them with a smile.

 

“Jae-ah, should oppa sing for you to make you feel better?” Jinki oppa asked.

“Mm, I want to hear my oppas’ nice voices.”

 

The SHINee oppas immediately crowded around and started singing. Soothing melodies entered my ears and I felt better immediately.

 

Night soon fell and we were all packing to go home. My brothers helped me pack up. Sungyeol oppa nudged me.

 

“Wae, choding oppa?”

“The oppas will bring your luggage back, go and spend some time with your boy.” He winked at me and skipped off, “Don’t run after me, we’re gone, bye!”

 

He slammed the car door and they drove off, leaving me alone.

 

“Aish!”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yah, Tae, we’ll bring your luggage back, go spend some time with Jae-na, ppailli. Bye.” Lay hyung said and they drove off, leaving me alone.

“Huh? What just happened?” I shook my head and went to look for Jae-na.

 

“Been ditched too?”

“Oh, Taehyung. Hmm.. Yeah, they just left.”

“Come on.” I stretched out my hand.

 

She took my hand and we started off to our favourite place. Before she came into my life, I was a incomplete puzzle with a piece missing, now, I felt like life is complete. Unknowingly, a lips curled up into a smile.

 

“You’re smiling like a pabo, Tae-ah.”

“Jae-ah, before you came, my life was incomplete, now, it’s near completion. 98%”

“98%? What’s that 2%?”

 

I pulled her near to me and whispered.

 

“99.”

 

I planted my lips onto her soft lips and said.

 

“100.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

 

The last part was so cheesy~ Hehe, how was this chapter? Please leave a comment! If you’re not already, please take a second to subscribe and join the family!:D

 

Till next time!