Chapter 47

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

 

Your POV.

We all went into helter-skelter trying to find the right box. Flipping this box, flipping that box, how are we going to be so sure?

“Got it!” Jongin oppa shouted and lifted a box.

“Mine’s taller!” Junhong oppa shouted.

How do we know which one is the tallest?

“4 MORE MINUTES!”

This is definitely not the right way. Think Jae-na, THINK! How am I supposed to get the tallest out of the hundred? I shut my eyes and focused, all the ideas that shot through my mind will not work. Time is ticking, everyone’s trying, Jae-na, focus and think!

I looked around and spotted Jonghyun oppa standing behind Key oppa, Key oppa was standing behind Minho oppa.

Do-re-mi.

Got it.

“3 more minutes.” Bianca smirked.

“GUYS! LISTEN!” I shouted and everyone dropped their boxes and listened.

“Ready for your instructions our little sister.” Sungjong oppa smiled.

I nodded, “Everyone line the boxes up, don’t mind the height. GO!”

Everyone got to action. Our fastest runners, Suga oppa and Sungjong ran to the furthest boxes and got them in line. The amazing mix trio used their powers and got the boxes in line one by one. The voice-powered oppas used their melodic voice barriers to get the boxes straight up. The rest of the oppas tried their best to gather as many boxes together as possible. All of a sudden, I felt my a pain on my head. I shook my head and it went away.

“2 more minutes!”

Time is waiting for no one. Finally the boxes are aligned. Kai oppa and Jongup oppa stood at the side to rest for awhile.

“What now Jae-na? It’s impossible to see the boxes’ height accurately like that!” Tao oppa asked.

“Not for a normal human. But for a hybrid, it sure is possible.” I smirked.

“Our smartest here is Hyun Jin and Youngjae.” Xiumin oppa replied.

“I know, Hyun Jin, get on Suga oppa’s back. Youngjae oppa, get on Sungjong oppa’s back. I want you two to run from each end and meet in the centre. While they are running, Hyun Jin and Youngjae oppa calculate the heights and we’ll find out.”

“Okay, got it. We’ll try.”

The four of them got to work, on each side, they signaled to me that they were ready.

“Ready? GO!”

Suga oppa and Sungjong oppa started running and the determined look on Hyun Jin and Youngjae’s faces were clear.

“60 seconds!”

 They concentrated on calculating and finally reached the center.

“The tallest on my side is 78.67cm.” Hyun Jin announced.

“Mine’s 78.68cm.”

“Get that box!”

“It’s 25th from the center!” Youngjae oppa informed.

“Sungjong oppa!”

He nodded and got to the box and carried it to us. He did not even break a sweat.

“Here.”

He passed us the box and stepped back.

“TIME’S UP!” Bianca shouted. She swooped down and landed steadily in front of us. She let out her signature smirk.

“Have you guys found the box?”

“Yes.” I stepped forward and said.

Suddenly, my vision blurred and my legs turned jelly. I struggled to stay balanced but to no avail. My vision turned black and I fell. I remembered that I heard a voice and someone caught me in their arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV.

“Jae!” I shouted, “Sungyeol hyung!”

He immediately came and checked on Jae.

“She’s just really tired. We’ll take care of her.” He then signaled me to the box. I nodded and walked up.

“We got it.”

“Are you sure that’s the one?”

“Yes.” I said and turned to the rest and smiled.

“Great. Confidence. I Like it. Open the box.” Bianca urged.

I looked down at the box. It’s this or all of us die. My heart pounded wildly and I could hear it clearly in my head. I gulped and placed my hand on the cover of the box. I blew out a panic breath.

“Do it, Taehyung. Just open it, we’re supporting you.” Jung Kook hyung said.

I placed my hand on the edge of the cover.

1,2,3.

I lifted the cover and a bright flash of light blinded me. I squinted my eyes and took out the glowing jewel. It’s a mainly black round gem with a crescent shaped yellow colour at the edge. Right in the center is the words “THE GEM OF ECLIPSE”.

“It’s the right one!” I smiled excitedly and showed it to them. They all jumped and shouted in happiness.

“Hahaha! Good job teams. I never thought you will be able to do it. Here.” Bianca passed us the oh-so-familiar white card.

 

Wonderful job teams!

Congratulations on the gem collecting quest.

You did very well. Now, you have 3 more days to finish

the battle. We’ll see you soon!

 

“Wait, there’s no hints?” Himchan hyung asked.

“The last two parts is to pass the Company and your Association, no hints needed.” Jinnie reminded.

“Come on, we have to move.” I announced, “Thank you Bianca. Farewell!”

“Good bye guys.” She smirked one last time and extended her majestic wings. In a flash, she flew away into the red sky.

“What about Jae-na?” Hyun Woo asked.

“I’ll carry Jae. Hold onto the gem, hyung.” I passed the gem to Onew hyung and they helped me carry jae on my back.

“Alright, let’s go.” I said and started walking.

This is finally ending soon Jae. We’ll be able to live normal lives again. I chuckled to myself and continued walking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Author’s Corner:

Hey guys! This is a short little chapter, hope you guys will like it! ^^

tumblr_m933wqfSwZ1qaj0qbo1_500.gif

Also, I wanna celebrate my 2000+ views! Woohoo! Thank you guys, so so much! I actually never thought my story would even pass 100! O.O And to all the new and old subscribers, *virtual hug* Thank you so much! I will do my best to write better chapters for all of you! *bows*

So as usual, please leave me comments and do subscribe to join our little family! :) I’ll see you when I see you!