Chapter 39

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

 

At night.

Your POV.

I gripped tightly on my balcony railings until my knuckles turned white. I was scared, nervous, worried but excited, happy and delighted at the same time. I was so afraid because tomorrow is the day. Yes, the Battle of the Century. I was on cloud nine because I was able to see Tae again after this torturous week.

We have been training really hard. My brothers, Hyun Woo and Jung Ha all improved a lot. I worked hard too but not once did I sleep well. I was worried of so many things but oh well, let us not get worried about tomorrow and enjoy the night temporarily.

I shut my tired eyes and just let the light night breeze brush past my face. I looked at the silver band around my left ring finger and my lips curled up into a small smile.

**FLASHBACK**

After I gave him a hug, I flew home and right at my doorsteps, I noticed a small weight in my pocket. I reached in and found a plain silver ring that has “Jae” engraved on it. I smiled as tears blurred my vision. I’ll see you real soon Tae, gomawo. I hurriedly wiped my tears off, put on the ring and opened the door to see Hyun Woo and Jung Ha there.

**FLASHBACK ENDS**

The ring has always been my strength to persevere on, of course with my brothers and best friends, I finally made it and tomorrow is the day. I just really hope that no one gets hurt because there is this lump in my throat, which is making me very very uncomfortable…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V’s POV.

I tossed and turned around in bed, as I couldn’t fall asleep. The Battle is tomorrow, both good and bad though. I am really worried about the battle, but guess what? I can see Jae after 7 days of training.

I raised my left hand and opened my hands wide towards the ceiling. I looked at my ring finger. The plain silver band with the words “Tae” engraved on it. Oh how I missed the way she calls me Tae. The ring was such a cheesy thought but oh well, it definitely helped me through the days.

As I was slowly falling asleep with Jae’s face in my mind, I suddenly remember her thought on how something is going to happen. My eyelids became heavy as I struggled to stay awake, drowsiness soon overcame me as I fell asleep.

“I have this feeling that something… something will go wrong this time.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning

Your POV.

We were all ready and prepared for battle. We put on our gears and got ready. After all the training, we just really hope to be chosen to represent our Association. After all, we’re proud vampires! I put on my black singlet with camo pants. I tied my hair up into a high pony tail. I wrapped a bandana around my neck, grabbed my bag and walked to my door.

Before twisting open the door knob, I looked at the silver ring as my heart started beating fast. I can finally see him again. I kissed the ring and headed down to the living room.

My brothers were dressed in all black. A black v-neck tee shirt with black pants. They look absolutely cool and amazing.

“Oppa, you put all your earrings back!” I pointed at Sungyeol oppa’s ears.

“Yeah, you like them a lot don’t you? Gives you confident boosts right?” He smiled cheekily and bumped shoulders with me. I chuckled and looked at all my brothers.

 

“Oppa, today is the start day of the battle, I pray for all our safety and to return home safely in a week.” Tears started to blur my vision as my brothers all crowded around me.

“Awww… Our tough baby sister. Don’t worry, we will.” Yongguk oppa assured me.

“Yeah, we’ll be fine!” Minho oppa ruffled my hair.

“We’re powerful vampires aren’t we?” Myungsoo oppa said with a smile.

 

“Yeah! Crescent moon in three!” Sunggyu oppa cheered.

 

Crescent moon is our family name.

 

“1,2,3! CRESCENT MOON!”  We all chorused and lifted our hands. We then started to travel towards the destination with our well-known black umbrellas.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

V’s POV.

 

My brothers slept over at my place the previous night. We were all up early as we prepared for the battle. We all dressed in dark grey tee shirts with black pants. I tied a bandana around my wrist and saw the silver ring. I placed a gentle kiss on it, more excited than ever to be able to see Jae-na today.

 

“Are we all ready?” RapMon hyung said.

“Yes!” We all chorused.

“Let’s just hope we’ll be chosen this year! Really want to challenge this boulder challenge thing.” Lay hyung said with a smile.

 

“I want to try to do somersaults with the boulder, wonder if that’s possible.” Jimin hyung scratched his chin, deep in thought.

“Don’t risk it!” Suho hyung stopped him.

“Yeah, let’s play safe hyung.” I smiled at Jimin hyung.

 

“Hahaha! Alright, I think it’s time to leave kids.” Minseok hyung urged.

“Okay, Full Moon in three!” Kris hyung cheered.

 

Full Moon is a name we gave ourselves. Full Moon because our powers are at the maximum during full moon.

 

“1,2,3. FULL MOON!” We all gave a loud howl and laughed. We all grabbed our bags and left the house.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s Corner:

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! I have been really really busy! Hopefully this chapter will be okay!

 

u-kwon-block-b-toy.gif

tumblr_m27qb4Qwvh1qgf62x.gif

 

*U-KWON! SCREAMS AND SHOUTS*

 

Welcome on board, my new readers! If you like my story please make sure to tell others about it so they can join this small family!

 

If you’re not already, please take a moment to subscribe and do leave me comments! It keeps me going after a tiring day! :)