Chapter 37

Battle of the Century: Best Academy of the Year

V’s POV.

Once she flew away, I immediately missed her. How am I going to survive six freaking days without her?! I pulled my hair dramatically and knelt down the floor.

“Kim Taehyung-ssi, what are doing on the floor?”

I scrambled on my feet and shot my head towards a lady in her mid-thirties. She was holding a broom, a dustpan and staring at me as if I was an alien.

“Ah, jwesonghamnida! I was just looking for something.”

“Hmm, looking for Jae-na–ssi?” My eyes rounded in astonishment.

“Maybe..?” I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly.

“You will see her soon. Just hang in there young man. Train hard and time will whiz by.” She chuckled as she propped her hand up with her dustpan.

“Nae, I understand. Kamsahamnida ajumma.” I laughed and bowed before leaving the auditorium.

"Ah.. Young love." The ajumma laughed and resumed with her work.

Yes, time will whiz by Kim Taehyung. Fighting!

 

---

 

“AISH KIM TAEHYUNG! Just sit down and stop walking around! You’re making me dizzy!” Suho hyung exclaimed and I snapped out of my trance.

“Hyung, you can never understand how I feel right now.” I said and continued walking round.

 

I saw Suho hyung slump onto the table with a sigh.

 

“AH! Let’s go practice guys, it’ll let your mind rest a little, Taehyung. Kaja!” J-Hope hyung suggested.

“YES OKAY LET’S GO!” Suho hyung shouted and dashed to put on his shoes. Am I that annoying?!

 

We got ready and walked towards the direction of Chanyeol hyung’s house. His family owns a practice arena and we always go there for our practices. The arena was the perfect place to be in, if you want to distract yourself from the world. Perfect for me right now. I pushed open the heavy glass doors and stepped in, a gush of cool air welcomed my brothers and I.

 

“Appa, umma!” Chanyeol hyung said in excitement.

“Oh, Yeol-ah! All my sons are here too.” Park Abeoji said.

 

Yeap, our parents all know each other and we call each other’s parents with their surname. We all greeted Park Abeoji and Park Eomonim. We then proceeded to the weight lifting room first. The equipment there was all new and advanced except for traces of scratches here and there.

 

We started to train our arm muscles and it seems that I am able to carry much heavier weights now. My brothers too have improved, with the exception of Suga hyung. That hyung just rolls around at home, he just hates to move and exercise. I wonder how he won the weightlifting championship when we were young. Oh right, when we were young.

 

“Gosh, how are you guys able to carry such heavy weights?!” Suga hyung complained.

“Yoongi-ah, you’re only carrying 15 kg weights you know that?” Jin hyung rolled his eyes.

“So? Hyung, you can never beat me in speed run.” He smirked.

 

Right, the only thing Suga hyung is good at is probably his speed. He is so fast that he can literally compete with Sungjong hyung. His gift in speed covers up for his lack of strength and ability to fight. He always helps us distract enemies in fights and wear them out from running around at the speed of light. I need to give him that, I chuckled and continued lifting the weights before we walked to the other room.

 

This other room has tons of heavyweight dummies to help us stimulate fight scenes. This dummies help us calculate how fast can we attack by counting the amount of hits we can deliver in 1 minute. We all stationed ourselves in front of one and Suga hyung stood at the end of the room with a whistle.

 

“Ready, go!”

 

We started to punch and kick the dummy at such a high speed that we started to perspire in 5 seconds! I was determined to win Luhan hyung. His highest record was 557 hits in 1 minute. I suddenly thought of Jae-na asking me to persevere on. I increased my speed and went faster and faster until the end whistle was heard.

 

“STOP!”

“Ah, this is tiring, but I got 452!” Kris hyung panted and sat on the ground.

“It looks exhausting just to watch.” Suga hyung snickered.

“HAH! I beat you hyung! I got 456!” Jung Kook hyung exclaimed and took a big gulp of water.

 

“No one can beat a 679 right?” Luhan hyung laughed and wiped his perspiration off with a red towel.

“Hyung you improved again!?” Tao hyung exclaimed and threw his hands into the air in defeat.

“HYUNG! I got a 700!” I exclaimed and jumped around.

 

Jung Kook hyung spat his water out and everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. Suga hyung ran towards me and looked at the dummy and his jaws dropped.

 

“No.. It is a 788.” He swallowed a mouth of saliva.

“JINJJA?! DAEBAK! Good job Taehyung-ah!” They all chorused and threw me up high and caught me before throwing me up high again.

 

I guess I improved a lot too, right Jae?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Corner:

Hello! I am so sorry for the late updates! School has officially reopened and this means that I will have a lot less time to update. I will try my best to update at least once a week on weekends >< This year is also a really important year for me because a very important exam will take place this year! Please bear with me~ I am really sorry. *bows*

 

Alright, please leave me comments and if you haven’t already, please subscribe and join the family!^^

 

Till next time!