Lesson 30

Princess Edition - Searching for Mr. Right (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Lesson 29: China Again Part II

 

He kissed HyunA's cheek.

Lu Han stared at them for a good minute, when Amber took the initiative to say something about the 'kiss' first, "What the hell, bruh?" Xiu Min took a step back before blinking at Amber and Kris, who stopped rummaging through his bag to stare at Xiu Min and HyunA. Was she blushing? "Probably not, she has still a stiff expression on." Kris thought before looking back at Xiu Min. "Wae? I'm always like that with Hyun?" 

Amber scratched her head while thinking about what to say, "Yeah, but-.. I don't know.. Kris say something.", before turning to Kris pleadingly. "What am I supposed to say?" While Kris didn't know either what to say, stood HyunA absentmindely beside them. Did that just happen?! "Hey, Lu. Look Hyun, also got me your fave candy." Xiu Min was about to grab after Lu Han's arm since he was looking away, but before he could do so, pulled the latter suddenly away. Xiu Min had his eyes widened for a split second so were Lu Han's, before he sighed. Did he just do that to his best friend, who was always touchy with him before? "I'm.. not feeling good today.

 

"Over. My. Dead. Body." Amber threw Kris a glare before trying to close the door again. "Yah! What do you think you are doing?!" Kris asked before pulling from the other side of the door to keep it open. "I won't wear a wig, idiot!" "You are the idiot here!" "Says the idiot himself!" "Amber!" "Kris!" 

"What are they doing?" Xiu Min asked while fidgeting around with his bow-tie. Lu Han shrugged and scrolled through his phone absentmindely. Xiu Min glanced at his friend before taking a seat beside him, "Lu?" "Hm?" "Are you mad at me?" Lu Han stopped scrolling and looked up, only to see the dumpling boy looking at him. "Why? Is there a reason to be?" "You tell me." Xiu Min retorted and gave him a look, Lu Han was about to say something, when the door to their suite room opened again. "You look good." Lay's vioce was heard. He held the door open, when a certain female walked in. There she stood with her white dress, it was simple but Lay managed to spice it up with accessoiries, which turned the simple dress into a 'IT' piece. HyunA had her hair in loose curls, and her makeup was also kept simple.

Kris went for the dewy sparkle look on her evening makeup and was amazed again, when he saw in her full attire even forgetting Amber for a second before pulling the door abruptly open. Amber stumbled back and cursed at the giant. Kris smirked. "Now let's do your makeup." 

"Hyun, you look amazing." Xiu Min said and gave her 2 thumbs up. She smiled politely at him, when she noticed a pair of eyes staring intensely at her. She looked behind Xiu Min, only to find a pale cotton candy haired guy staring at her. She titled her head at him, which he returned with a 'tsk' and a smirk.

 

"Amber, stop being whiny and come out!" Lay knocked for the ninth time now but in vain. Amber didn't want to. "I'm giving up." Lay turned to them with a sore expression, even though he was the closest to this rare species of female, he knew when to give up. Besides.. he didn't want to blow up now - not good for the blood, my fellas.

"We're going to be late if we continue this." Lu Han said while looking at his watch. "Let me try." HyunA said and stepped forward. "You guys can go ahead, we will meet there." She added while looking at each of them. "Leaving you behind? You always disappear even when you are with us, like yesterday at the restaurant." "But there was a aquarium." Lu Han shook his head at her. "I think Hyun will do just fine, right?" HyunA looked for a while at Xiu Min before nodding softly. At this sight Lu Han couldn't help but to bore daggers into Xiu Min's head, what he did from time to time lately.

"Are you sure, HyunA?" Kris asked her. She smiled at him. "This event is important for you guys too, right? I will be fine." Kris chuckled at what she said before patting her shoulder. "You've grown." 

After the guys left, were only HyunA and Amber left. And the door between them. "Amber, the guys are gone. Wanna come out now?" "I look weird." A soft voice was heard, the strong voice, which could scare the whole city Beijing off disappeared and was replaced with a soft girly voice. HyunA giggled. There it was. Amber's faint girly side. "You don't look weird. I'm sure of it, Kris' makeup never fails." HyunA knows what she is talking about, since the latter always got her makeup done by the one and only Kris Wu. "I'm sure you look beautiful right now." Just as HyunA said that, the door opened.

She gasped when she saw her.

 

Kris chuckled before patting Lu Han's shoulder. "Don't worry too much." "What are you talking about?" He scoffed. "You've been glancing at the entrance for a while now. HyunA and Amber will come. I'm sure she got her out of the room." Lu Han rolled his eyes at that, "I'm not worried about them, I just wondered if there would be any important future clients for my company." Kris gave him a knowing look. "Just keep on pretending then." "You should stop stuffing buns in." Lay said when he snatched the distracted boy the said bun away. Xiu Min was happily eating his food, when he listened to Kris and Lu's conversation just now, even forgetting to fight for his food back from Lay. 

"I'm not pretending." Lu Han glared at Kris, but the said latter clearly didn't believe it, when he grinned at him. "Kris, you-"

"Lu?"

His body froze, when he heard her voice again.

That voice.

Mei.

Xiu Min wanted to jump onto the girl, since he knew she was nothing but trouble. He never liked her, she wasn't exactly a or something like that, she was the exact opposite. She was kind, beautiful, funny.. but she thought mostly about herself. But she had to, she had to act mature and like a lady, like her parents wanted her to. But she always neglected Lu Han in that process.

She was also the one, who saved him from depression, when his parents died.

This was also the main reason, why he was so attached to this girl. Though he always kept on saying it was mainly Xiu Min and his family who helped him, this was only partly true.

But.. Xiu Min wasn't allowed to do anything now. Lu Han didn't say anything about him being mad at him, but Xiu Min knew he was from the way he acted towards him. It blocked him from going over to them and pull him away from her.

Instead he watched them in silence, when Lu Han took her hand to walk away, somewhere without a bao-zi spying on them. 

 

"Okey, I think we should hide from the guys for a while and then-" HyunA suddenly stopped walking and turned to her friend with a serious look on, "I need to go to the restrooms." "Are you serious?" She gave her a disbelief look. "I drank too much apple juice, when I did the drinking contest with Xiu Min earlier." "What the..?" She furrowed her brows at HyunA before crossing her arms, "And you didn't ask me to play with you guys? I would've beat you guys!" HyunA giggled at Amber, before walking away to search for the restrooms. "Next time~"

Amber sighed to herself, while waiting for HyunA. "Is she lost again? Probably." She thought before deciding to look for the said girl in the crowd. She managed to hide from the other guys, when she spotted Xiu Min and Kris at the buffet area. Until she turned around only to face Lay, she quickly turned away from Lay, who was busy talking to a client of his family's company. He noticed the ruckus only a few metres away from him, when he spotted a female wearing a similar dark green cocktail dress, he picked out earlier for Amber. He was about to take a closer look at her, when suddenly a male took her away from the spot. He shrugged it off then, "It probably wasn't Amber." 

"There you go." The male chuckled when he let go of Amber. "What?" She gave him a look. "You looked like you wanted to get away from that guy?" He said and pointed back at where Lay stood with a few other business men. "Your ex?" Amber almost bursted out, Lay and her? That thought gave her a real mental breakdown for a few minutes. "From the way you look he isn't, right?" "Of course not. Why would I have a boyfriend in the first place? Look at me." She said and shook her head while still chuckling. He looked at her get-up and didn't get what she meant by that. He was standing in front of a beautiful girl, with long chestnut colored hair and a dark green dress, which fitted her all too well. All in all, she looked breath taking. The girl was the only one, who didn't seem to get it though. 

"Anyway, I'm Mark. Mark Tuan. And I would like to take that spot of your boyfriend then." He winked at her, which she responded with a frown. "What? Are you hitting on me? On me?!" "I feel somehow offended by you. Should I?" "Well-" Amber was stuck for words. What the hell was happening? Stupid Kris and Lay. Stupid father, she had to dress for as a girl.

Where was the man anyway?!

 

"Ah, you are HyunA?" Mr. Líu asked. She bowed politely. "Yes, Sir. I'm her schoolmate." "That's nice and how is she doing? Is she coping well with the korean school system? Since America and Korea are different in every way possible." He chuckled at the last sentence. "She is adapting well."

"Glad to hear that. Anyway where is she?" Mr. Líu asked and looked around for his daughter in the crowd.

 

Amber was still furrowing her brows at Mark. He wouldn't leave her alone no matter what. But she had to admit.. she liked the attention she got as a girl. "Yiyun?" Her entire body froze, when she heard her father call her. "Yiyun?" HyunA whispered and thought for a while, now that she thinks about it.. Amber never introduced herself with her chinese name. Got ya, Amber. 

"So.. that's your name." Mark's face lit up with a bright smile before he turned to her father. "Good evening, Sir." "Good evening, Mark. I didn't know you were friends with my daughter?" "How could I not? A beautiful girl like her." He glanced at her before looking back at her father. Meanwhile went HyunA quietly over to Amber's side. "I found your father." "I can see it." She whispered back, while still staring at Mark. "Now did you find the special someone to look good in front of, Yiyun?" Amber glared at her. "Yah, don't call me that!" HyunA widened her eyes for a few seconds, when Amber raised her voice at her, but soon giggled when she saw her blushing, while still having the same expression on. 

"Yiyun is so pretty." "I hate you." Amber tried to surpress the growing smile, which HyunA noticed since the latter wasn't really good at hiding her giddy side. 

HyunA stared then at Mark, who she didn't take a closer look at since seeing girly Amber was way more fun. But then it suddenly made click.

She knows him. But where did she see him again?

HyunA wasn't good with names after all.

 

"Mark won." A male chuckled from the wall a few metres away from HyunA, Amber and Mark. "I can't believe he managed to make a move on her." Another retorted. "And apparently on the daughter of the Líu Shareholding Corp." "You lost, Youngjae." The said guy shrugged. "I don't care, I won the previous times." "You are sulking. She is way hotter than your gals." He grinned at his fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter