xxxxxVIIxxxxx

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hello! ^__^

 

 

 

To those who spoiled me, I thank you so so so much. Rui is tightly hugging you now! Spoil me some more please!

 

 

I'm very happy with the comments you posted! I'm glad you're all thinking with me! It's fun, right? ^_^ I can't burst all your bubbles though!

 

 

But Soojoo isn't a third party. ^^ She's not out to get between our couple, okay?!?!

 

 

Like I said, please don't be quick to judge. Its all just pure fun, imagination on the run. The whole switch is really confusing so read carefully.

 

 

 

(@.@) <-- Still Kwonfused Rui

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Brooklyn, New York

 

Hayi was very impressed by her mom's work. She was both grace and beauty under pressure. In spite that small frame, she lit up the atmosphere in the small set and Hayi noticed that every eye of the male species followed Dara. Hayi had to glare at some of them. Don't they notice that she has a child?!?! Hayi thought bitterly. Her mom seemed to just ignore them though.

 

 

"Will this concept be doable?" Dara asked the creative director.

 

 

"Yes, we just need to get the CGs ready."

 

 

"Its fine by me as long as we don't stay behind schedule. I won't be working in the next couple of days so I hope we get this done today."

 

 

"No pressure, boss." The photographer told her charmingly. "May I take a photo of you and Lena?"

 

 

Dara turned to Hayi who smiled and nodded.

 

 

After getting their photos taken by the kind, as Hayi would now describe him, photographer, Dara and Hayi walked by the Belt Parkway Promenade. It was a long waterfront walkway path where you could see the Staten Island from a distance and watch cruise ships go by. Dara smiled widely as she saw Mister Softy's truck and dragged Hayi to it.

 

 

"Lena, vanilla again?" Dara asked.

 

 

"Ani, Oma. Strawberry please!"

 

 

"Are you sure?" Hayi nodded then Dara ordered 2 strawberry ice cream for them both. They sat on a bench while eating.

 

 

"You always ordered vanilla." Dara spoke up, curious at her little girl's change in preferences. 

 

 

"I wanted to try new ones."

 

 

"Its good, isn't it?" Dara asked again, smiling giddily. "I told you the genius who invented strawberry must have a monument." Hayi laughed at what her mom said. "I love strawberry!" Dara declared with hands held up, and the ice cream looking like the torch of the Statue of Liberty. Hayi giggled at her mom's child-like ways. So far, everything Lena has told her turned out to be true and Hayi was falling in love with her mother every second they spent together.

 

 

"Do you love Uncle Tabi too?" Hayi asked all too suddenly. Dara turned her head to Hayi and smiled.

 

 

"You have been thinking about that since lunch, haven't you?" Dara asked and Hayi looked down, ashamed but she nodded. Dara tipped Hayi's chin up so that her daughter was looking at her and she smiled. "I'm not in love with Tabi, Lena."

 

 

"Are you sure?"

 

 

"Of course I am. Haven't I told you before that Top is more like a brother to me now?"

 

 

"But maybe he's in love with you?" Hayi couldn't stop her curiosity. "And what if he asks you to marry him? Will you say yes?"

 

 

"Do you want me to?" Dara asked back.

 

 

"I don't."

 

 

"Then, I won't!" Dara held Hayi's hand. "Always know this, Lena. If I have to change something about my life, I will always ask you about it first. Will that put your mind to rest?"

 

 

"Ani…"

 

 

"You want to ask me more? Go on." Dara encouraged while she finished her ice cream. Hayi was contemplating whether the best time is now and she took a quick glance at her mom while she was eating her ice cream.

 

 

"Why don't you ever say anything about dad?" Hayi found the courage to ask and it was obvious that Dara was taken aback by her question. Hayi thought her mom wasn't going to answer for a while.

 

 

"What do you want to know?" 

 

 

"Were you very much in love?"

 

 

"We were." Dara smiled at Hayi.

 

 

"Don't I get to meet him?"

 

 

"Maybe someday, honey."

 

 

"Chinja?" Hayi suddenly became excited and her brown eyes were bright. Dara marveled at her pure unbridled innocence. How can she break this girl's heart?

 

 

"Who do you think is better looking, then? Uncle Tabi or Dad?" Dara's jaw dropped at her daughter's question and the little girl just gave her an eye smile that Dara found adorable. She smiled back and was thoughtful for a moment.

 

 

"I have a hunch that we think alike." Dara told Hayi then grinned. "So I'm afraid, I'm biased."

 

 

"I knew it!" Hayi jumped from her seat and shouted over the river with her hands up in the air, mimicking what her mom did earlier. Dara could only laugh, not even wondering how her daughter could know who her father is without having met him. 

 

 

Or has she?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

Lena once again found herself inside the company while her dad was having a meeting with some fashion designer, a director and the company president. Soojoo was also there. She was one of Korea's Top models based in the US.

 

 

After introducing her to Soojoo, Lena was still skeptic about the relationship of the model with her dad especially when she was touchy-feel and all. Lena may have been brought up in the US but she was territorial.  And the woman was crossing her territory, her mother's territory.

 

 

She was asked to bring Jiyong back to the company for a meeting with the creative director/fashion designer of Balmain. They were asking Jiyong to create music for the runway. Soojoo had her way of convincing Jiyong. They seemed to be friends and he called her noona.

 

 

But still, Lena was unconvinced. 

 

 

She was standing by the pool table while the adults were having a meeting in the lounge. The creative director of Balmain, which Lena recognized to be one of her mom's favorite brands, was still young and he was laid back so he asked to have a non formal meeting over some champagne and hors d'oeuvres.

 

 

"Hayi, are you okay here?" Youngbae and Daesung saw the girl and joined her as she watched her dad, being so close to the woman she met earlier. She was laughing and wrapping her arms around Jiyong. 

 

 

"Will anyone bother to tell me who she is?" Lena said, completely in a bad mood now. Youngbae and Daesung looked at the girl.

 

 

"Oh, Soojoo-noona!" Youngbae said. "She's a model."

 

 

"I know that. But what is her relationship with my dad?"

 

 

"I'm pretty sure she's just a friend, Hayi." Daesung answered and Jiyong noticed them. He waved at his friends who were very happy to see him back at the building. Youngbae pushed Lena forward to join the adults. Jiyong shrugged Soojo's arms away so that he could stand and greet his friends.

 

 

"Olivier, they're my crew. Youngbae and Daesung." The young designer stood up and exchanged handshakes with the 2 guys.

 

 

"Bigbang, right?" Olivier said. "As I was contemplating Soojoo's suggestion about G dragon, I did some research. I am a fan of your music. Its just crazy and addictive. Your fashion in your concerts are very unique and I like it." All 3 guys just smiled albeit awkwardly since the memory of the 5 men on stage seemed to be very distant now.

 

 

"And who might this little girl be?" He turned to Lena.

 

 

"This is my daughter, Hayi." Jiyong proudly introduced.

 

 

"You have a daughter?" The designer asked then Lena suddenly extended her hand which the former took and smiled, finding her adorable.

 

 

"My mother loves your designs. She has a closet full of Balmain." Lena informed the designer which shocked Youngbae, Daesung, Jiyong and even Yang Hyun Suk Sajangnim. Aside from that, they all, except Jiyong, found her very fluent in the english language. How can the girl know just how exactly to pronounce the brand name and do it with proper diction when the adults themselves, were still having a hard time? Olivier crouched down so that he was at Lena's eye level. He was captivated by her expressive big brown eyes and impressed by her wit.

 

 

"Oh, did she come by my studio in Paris? I'd like to meet her. I'm sure she's very pretty like you."

 

 

"Of course. My father never settles for anything less." Lena looked at Soojoo then Jiyong. "Has she been to Paris, Appa?" Lena asked her gobsmacked father.

 

 

"Uh…I…I mean…we…I did bring her there before." Jiyong answered after getting over his stutter.

 

 

"You should let me meet her, Jiyong. I appreciate everyone who appreciates my work."

 

 

"That makes 2 of us." Lena added and smiled sweetly at the confused adults. To the guests, she may have not made sense, but to the people in YG, she had gotten her point across.

 

 

She wanted to meet her mother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the meeting, Lena and Jiyong went back home. Lena was back in her room while Jiyong prepared to go out with his friends. Seungri's been having a hard time again and when he saw Jiyong, he almost pleaded on his knees for Jiyong to go out with them. Lena told her dad to go. After all, she did owe Seungri for taking Hayi to the airport and making sure she was safe.

 

 

She opened her laptop and started to explore her new toy when she got an e-mail. She opened it and smiled as she saw her sister's smiling face, and her loving mother beside Hayi. Lena was really happy that her sister was having the greatest time of her life with their mom. She reads the letter Hayi wrote with it.

 

 

Hey sis! How is it at dad's? I'm having a blast with mom! Well, it didn't start out right but it ended right! Mom took me to work and it was amazing! She is amazing! This was taken at the riverside park earlier! She took me to Time Square in the evening! It was beautiful, Lena! I even got my photos taken with a minion and Woody from the Toy Story! I was too scared to get near Iron Man though. Mom promised to take me to Central Park tomorrow and maybe we'll walk around 5th Av. I told her to ask Uncle Tabi to come with us. I asked her if she was in love with him and she said, she was not! I was so relieved! This is going to be great! I hope you are enjoying it there as much as I am!

 

 

Love Hayi!

 

 

She looked at the photo once again and wiped a tear from her eye as she missed her mom. "Be safe and please be okay, mom." Lena said in a soft voice. She was startled when she heard a knock and closed her laptop at once before jumping to her bed.

 

 

"Come in!" Lena called out and Jiyong peeked. "Come in, Dad."

 

 

"Are you sure? No guns pointed at me?" He asked in good humor and Lena just smiled at him as he walked towards her. Jiyong kissed his daughter's forehead. "I just came to bid you goodnight."

 

 

"Be safe, Dad. Don't drink and drive."

 

 

"I would rather stay here with you." He lay beside her, his head near hers, his feet off the bed.

 

 

"Uncle Seungri needs you." Lena said.

 

 

"I need you." Jiyong looked at her. "Can I ask you something?"

 

 

"Sure dad."

 

 

"How long have you known about your mother? Who she is…and well, everything about her?" Lena turned so that she was facing her dad fully.

 

 

"I don't know everything about her. I was thinking you'd tell me more. But if you're asking me how I knew, it was since I found your drawing. Whenever we went to the company, I would always see her face on the LEDs and I thought she looked the same as your drawing. I looked for magazines with her name and read about her. I thought at first, that I could be mistaken because you were never in the pictures with her. You were always with another girl or on your own. But then, I read your compositions. I saw the drawing. And somehow, it felt right to think that she was, I mean, IS my mom. Maybe its instinct." Lena shrugged. "I'm sorry, Dad. I should have told you earlier."

 

 

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Hayi, but you should have told me that you knew." Jiyong said then caressed his daughter's face with the back of his fingers. "I shouldn't have kept you away from your mom. I should be sorry. I should have told you."

 

 

"I understand, Dad." Lena smiled. "You still love her. I also figured that maybe you didn't want to talk about her yet so I kept it to myself."

 

 

Jiyong didn't realize before that his daughter has become more open-minded than he is. She is after all, growing up. He felt sorry for not being able to have the courage to tell her about Dara. But Lena's words gave him comfort. He gathered her in his arms and squeezed her tight.

 

 

"I'm so blessed to have a daughter like you." Jiyong said against her head.

 

 

"I'm so blessed to have a dad like you." Lena repeated his words and Jiyong chuckled to hide the tears forming in his eyes, just as the door to Lena's room opened to reveal Seungri and Youngbae.

 

 

"Planning to ditch us?" Seungri said.

 

 

"Did you hear anything, baby?" Jiyong said in a loud voice, completely ignoring Seungri. "Hey, can I borrow your gun so that I can shoot the panda?" Jiyong asked Lena and she giggled.

 

 

The 2 guys went to the bed and pulled Jiyong down.

 

 

"Sorry, Hayi babe…" Seungri said and kissed her forehead as well. "I'll just borrow your dad tonight!"

 

 

"Ne, keep safe!" She said then Youngbae did the same.

 

 

"May your dreams be sweet tonight." Her father's best friend said.

 

 

"Thank you, Uncle Youngbae!" Lena smiled and waved the 3 guys goodbye before closing her eyes. "They will be now."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter