xxxxxXXXXIIxxxxx

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rui is H-A-P-P-Y! ^_^ So another update! kekekekeke

 

How have you been? It feels great not to be trolled by YG again, ne? 2NE1 is back and go buy the album! I listened to every track and I promise you, its gonna be so worth it!

 

Anyway, here’s another long update. Sorry if its too long, also for the previous chap. I think these last few chapters are the longest I have written. Like you, I don’t want the suspense to keep me hanging.

 

I’d like to ask you guys though, what’s your favorite chapter so far? Or scene? Drop it on the comments below. I love reading your feedbacks!

 

To my subbie (browneyesmouse04) who wants to make a drama out of my story, I’m kinda excited about the Nutella scene. hahaha Excuse my y mind. To my lovely banner makers, love u for always inspiring me! To the person who spoiled me with Top's photos (hengshogeedee), hugs to u!

 

Enough of my blah blah, here goes the next chap! Prepare to be mind blown… or not… you be the judge to that!

 

Love lots from me - Rui (^3^)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Leave Seoul now!” A shadow loomed over the window, watching Twosome burning from the old apartment across. “Listen to me, this isn’t going to help! You’ve been way too obsessed over this!”

 

“I know and I understand you, but I don’t think Park Bom is alive so please, just let it go before you put yourself and your family in danger!”

 

The person turns the phone off and lights a cigarette. He breathes in smoke and savors the nicotine before blowing it out to the night sky.

 

“I’m sorry, Teddy…” The person whispers as he watches the stars shining brightly.

 

 

 

 

 


In Room 821 of the Ritz Carlton in Seoul City, Song Baekkyoung was having an intimate dinner with his lady friend, Park Ji Yeon.

 

“You didn’t have to do all this.” She said. “I’m just glad you’re back.” Baekkyoung kisses her hand. “And I hope you never leave again.”

 

“Ji Yeon-ah…” Baekkyoung starts to say but she shakes her head at him.

 

“Araso, I understand. You can’t stay here because of all the memories and frustrations you have. Can’t you just let that all go? For me?”

 

Baekkyoung wanted to tell her that he has let go. He wanted to tell her that he would be willing to stay here for her. He would have come back so many years ago if Teddy hadn’t died. 

 

If Teddy was still alive, he was sure his friend would about his secret relationship now. If Teddy was alive, he would even have written a song for him. Perhaps they could have all gone on couple dates.

 

There was a knock on his door and both of them turned to it. “Are you expecting anyone?” Ji Yeon asks.

 

“I’m not.” Baekkyoung says. There was a knock again. “I better get that. Stay here.” He tells her before walking to the door and opening it. “Jinu-hyung?”

 

“So you’re here…” Jinu says and he sighs. For some reason, Jinu wanted Baekkyoung to be anywhere but in Seoul right now. It makes everything complicated. First Oh Jin Hwan and now, Song Baekkyoung is involved.

 

Park Ji Yeon peeks from the divider separating the dining area from the living room and Jinu sees her. Shock registers on Jinu’s face.

 

 “Gummy?”

 

(an: Park JiYeon is Gummy’s real name) 

 

 


Back at the YGE building, Psy walks along the studio hallways and decides to stop by. When he enters Studio 2, he was greeted by the laughter of father and son.


“Psy-hyung!” Danny greets him with a handshake.

 

“How have you been, Danny?” Psy says. “I didn’t know you were in the country.”

 

“Its almost time for Christian’s comeback and I thought I could show him my support.”

 

“More like checking if we’re doing our job.” Christian says and also greets Psy.

 

“How was it?” Psy turns to Danny.

 

“They still have a lot to go before they'll be better than us.” Danny says smugly then laughs with Psy. The 2 older men shares a high five. They all turned to the door when someone knocked.

 

“O, Sajangnim…” Danny says when the door opened to reveal Yang Hyun Suk.

 

“Danny…I'm surprised you're here!” Yang Hyun Suk says.

 

"I came to visit Christian." Danny says with a smile.

 

 

“May I have a word with you? You too.” He gestures to Psy.

 

“Of course, Hyung.”

 

 

 

 

Kwon Residence

 

Investigations were still on going and Dara was reluctant to go home until she got answers but Jiyong and their friends insisted. Top, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri stayed and they promised Dara that they will update her at once if there was anything that she should know. Dara only acquiesced when Jiyong mentioned the twins.

 

Dara has been quiet the whole ride from Twosome, to Top’s Villa to pick up the kids and back to their home. He let her be, knowing she must be thinking of so many things right now and though he was really worried, Jiyong understood that Dara needs this time to think. Lena and Hayi immediately went to their room to sleep upon reaching home. Dara and Jiyong were left on their own. Jiyong immediately prepares a hot bath for Dara.

 

“Dara, the tub is ready.” Jiyong says but Dara only turns to him. Her eyes glistened with unshed tears. “Hey…” He says and engulfs her in his warmth. “Come, the water will calm you down.” He leads her inside the bath and she undresses before him. The smell of roses filled the whole room and Dara slowly immersed herself on the water. Jiyong just watched her from the side.

 

“Ji…”

 

“Ne?”

 

“It doesn’t make sense and it scares me.” Dara started to cry and it was enough to make Jiyong join her in the tub. He gathers her lithe body against his and soothes her back.

 

“What scares you?” He asks. Perhaps they really needed to talk about things. Dara was never going to get these things out of her head.

 

“Teddy…”

 

“You don’t have to be scared of him.”

 

“Ji, what if he’s really alive? What if he’s out for revenge? If not for me, Bom wouldn’t have gone to the party and if not for that, Bom wouldn’t be enraged and take his car. He was an innocent victim in this.”

 

“If Teddy is a bad guy, he wouldn’t have saved Bom and Chae.”

 

“Then why is all this happening? I wish I could talk to him! I wish I could ask him what I can do to make him stop. What if he’s really angry and he hurts us?”

 

“Hey, look at me.” Jiyong turns her so that they were facing each other. He tips her chin up, his eyes locked to hers. “I’m never going to let anyone hurt you or the children. Dara, please, leave this to us. Me, Top-hyung, Daesung, Seungri and Youngbae, we will help the authorities get answers. We will do everything to protect you, Bom, Chae, Minzy and the girls. You being upset, this isn’t really good for the baby. So please, stop thinking about Teddy. We are confident that he isn’t behind this. We all know Teddy-hyung. He isn’t capable of this. So please, can you promise me to think of our baby first?” Dara nodded and Jiyong kissed her. 

 

“We will be all right, I promise.”

 

 

 


Inside Yang Hyun Suk’s former office, Psy, Jinu, Danny, Baekkyoung and Gummy were gathered. It was quiet inside and it seems that Hyun Suk was still waiting for someone. A few minutes later, Top, Daesung and Seungri arrives.

 

“Where’s Jiyong and Youngbae?” Hyun Suk asks the 3 guys.

 

“Jiyong had to take Dara and the twins home.” Top answers. “Youngbae went to see Yuri. Apparently, Kim Young Min has been fire by Lee Soo Man who walked in on the CEO, just as he slapped Yuri.”

 

“Chinja?” Hyun Suk asked. Jinu and Psy were shocked.

 

“What if he has something to do with the fire at Twosome?” Jinu asked.

 

“I was suspecting him.” Top says. “Yuri also told me that even Lee Soo Man is suspecting him but if it turns out that he has something to do with it, the SM owner will hand him over to the police.”

 

“What are they waiting for?” Jinu says. “Hyun Suk-hyung, we all know Young Min is after their production company, right? He has the motive to destroy it.”

 

The former YG President asked Jinu to also investigate on Kim Young Min when they were on the hunt for who was trying to take over YGE. The SME CEO had the right motive to burn Twosome to the ground however, Yang Hyun Suk already knew the story from Top. This was the reason why they were all gathered inside his former office right now.

 

Hyun Suk turns to Jinu and shakes his head to say no. 

 

“There are a lot of things that we have to talk about today. I’m sorry to say, but I don’t think we have until morning  before things break out.” Yang Hyun Suk says. “Top, please call Jiyong. He needs to be here. We’re still waiting for Yoojin and Haru anyway.”

 

Top nods and dials Jiyong’s number. They talk briefly while Baekkyoung and Gummy talks with Yang Hyun Suk. Everyone was catching up the lost years they had.

 

A few minutes later, Jiyong arrives with Yoojin and Haru behind him.

 

“Appa, its really late.” Yoojin complains as she flops down the couch. Haru was alert and just stood beside Daesung and Seungri. Jinu was watching Yoojin and Baekkyoung closely.

 

“Is this Yoojin now? She’s grown so much since I last saw her.” Baekkyoung says. Yoojin and Haru looks at him.

 

“Ne, this is Yoojin, my eldest and Haru, she’s the daughter of Tablo. She writes our official blog. So far, she’s the best journalist I got.”

 

“Haru, you look just like your mother now.” Danny says. “I thought you looked like your Dad when you were a kid.”

 

“I’m quite relieved to hear that.” Haru jokes and smiles at them. “I never really imagined Appa as a girl.”

 

“Haru, Yoojin, this is Song Baekkyoung and Danny Im.” Yang Hyun Suk introduces the 2 former 1TYM members. “You were still kids when they used to visit the company. I don’t think you will remember.”

 

Did they really not know each other? Jinu thought. How will that explain the cheque?

 

“Sorry, Jiyong.” Yang Hyun Suk turns to the other newcomer. “I know this isn’t the right time to leave Dara but this is quite urgent.”

 

“She was sleeping when I left.” Jiyong says. “I already asked for more guards at my house.”

 

“Jiyong, I heard of the news.” Danny says. “How are your girls?”

 

“We’re keeping an eye on them closely. Dara refuses to leave them alone, not even in school. Reporters are still outside the campus.”

 

“You should really give them a statement or something.” Psy says. “But then again, they won’t really stop at that.”

 

“I was planning on working with Haru about that statement once she’s well enough to go back to work.”

 

“Samchon Jiyong, I’m fine now. Just tell me when and we’ll work something out.” Haru says.

 

“That can wait.” Jiyong says. “Perhaps, we can talk about why we’re all gathered here at 3 am?” He turns to Yang Hyun Suk who nods.

 

“I gathered you here today because of a pressing matter. One is the person who’s trying to buy our stocks and the other is, the fire at Twosome building.” The former YG owner turns to Baekkyoung.

 

“YGE isn’t mine at the moment.” Yang Hyun Suk starts. “We’ve been having an anonymous buyer since May. Jinu had been investigating on this.”

 

“How?” Danny asks.

 

“Anyone can buy stocks, right?” Psy explains. “Our business is on the market. Its also an added profit. But most of the time people just get a certain percent. Not enough to take over ownership. If you pay attention to the stock exchange, you’ll understand better. Its a hobby of mine.” Psy says with a smile. Jinu was becoming impatient so he turned to Baekkyoung.

 

“Baekkyoung, you have lived in LA since 1TYM’s disband, right?” Baekkyoung nods. “When did you arrive here in Korea?”

 

“I came a day earlier than Danny.” Baekkyoung says. “Was that last week?” Danny nods. “Last week.”

 

“Its Teddy’s death anniversary in a few days.” Danny adds. “We both got an invite from Teddy’s family for a small gathering to commemorate his 10th death anniversary. I also took advantage of this time to show my son support for their comeback.”

 

“We all trust each other, right?” Jinu gestures to the men and they all nod. “This, us! 1TYM, Jinusean, Bigbang, we were the first few members of the YG family. We were all gravely affected when we lost Teddy. Now, my first question is for everyone, does anyone here believe that Teddy has somehow escaped the accident 10 years ago?”

 

“That’s crazy, Jinu-hyung.” Danny says. “The DNA report showed that it was Teddy. We saw the remains of the car. No one could have escaped that unless they got out before the car exploded.”

 

“We saw the car topple over and it exploded at once after it was turned upside down.” Top says. Jiyong noticed that his friend was probably covering for Bom. The boys of Bigbang all turned to Top, seemingly understanding the message that Top still wants to conceal his wife.

 

“Were you able to see if there was someone inside?” Jinu asks Top who shakes his head.

 

“Why are you asking this Jinu-hyung?” Baekkyoung asks.

 

“A few months ago, we had an anonymous buyer. His  name remained unknown until a few weeks ago when Yang Hyun Suk announced to me and Psy hyung that YGE’s stocks were all sold out and that someone else owns it.”

 

Danny and Baekkyoung looks at Jiyong.

 

“No, it wasn’t Jiyong. Jiyong actually bought the company from this new owner.” Jinu says then he shows Baekkyoung and Danny a photo of the cheque.

 

“No…” Danny says. “It can’t be.”

 

“Is this the signature of Teddy Park?” Jinu asks. “Do you know if he has an account in this bank?”

 

Baekkyoung shakes his head to say no. “This is his signature but we never really talked about bank accounts.” He says.

 

“Teddy mentioned it to me in passing once.” Danny says. “He said he wanted to keep some of his money safely tucked and the Swiss bank was perfect for it. He said he wants it to be a secret, afraid he will be audited and the millions he earns might be taken by the government as tax.”

 

“Baekkyoung, did Teddy leave you something in his last will and testament?” Jinu asks.

 

“I don’t see the reason why he would and I never received anything.” Baekkyoung says.

 

“Where were you this afternoon?” Jinu asked Baekkyoung who turned to Gummy. His unease was now showing to everyone inside the room.

 

“We were out.” Gummy answers and her fondness for the guy showed in the way she looked at him. “We had a nice lunch at Hanam then went to the spa right after. When we were done, Oppa fixed me a nice dinner at the hotel where you found us.”

 

All the people gathered in the room were shocked, especially when Baekkyoung held Gummy’s hand in front of them all.

 

“Sorry, we had to hide it.” Gummy says. “We just both agreed to keep our personal lives private but it seems its unavoidable.” She could feel the tension in the room but her friends were able to smile at her. Perhaps showing that they approve of the both of them.

 

“Did you happen to pass by the bank?” Jinu asked, setting aside their revelation.

 

“Yes, I did.” Baekkyoung says. “I had to deposit a cheque in my account. I work freelance now, and a company liked a set of some songs I wrote. I didn’t wait for the receipt since we were in a hurry.”

 

“You were with him?” Jinu asks Gummy and she nods.

 

“I had to wait in the car.” Gummy says. Jinu gets a photo of the CCTV footage and shows it to Baekkyoung. “Is this you?”

 

Baekkyoung carefully looks at the photo and nods. “Ne, this is me.”

 

“Did you look at the cheque you deposited?”

 

“I did when I received it a day before. I didn’t check before I gave it to the teller. Wait, Jinu-hyung, why are you asking me these questions?” Baekkyoung felt like he was being interrogated. He felt like he did something wrong but he didn’t know what it was.

 

Yang Hyun Suk carefully watches him, as well as the other occupants of the room. But unlike the rest, Hyun Suk already knew why Jinu was doing this. He was gauging whether Baekkyoung was lying or not. Jinu gets a printout out and hands it over to Baekkyoung.

 

“What the …” Baekkyoung breathes out and even Gummy’s eyes widen. “This is a billion dollars! It can buy the whole company!”

 

“That’s the transaction you made. The video footage was taken at the time this name appeared on the computers and judging from this cam, you were the only client in the bank. Am I right?”

 

“Yes, I was the only client at this time.” Baekkyoung says. Jinu turns to the rest of the occupants of the room and they were all puzzled. Clueless, would be right term. He settles his eyes on Yoojin.

 

“Yang Yoojin, I’m afraid you have received the money to buy back YGE from Jiyong.” Jinu says. Yoojin looks at her shocked father then she glares at Jinu.

 

“You promised you wouldn’t say anything!” Yoojin says.

 

“Yoojin, what is the meaning of this?” Yang Hyun Suk asks. Jinu failed to mention to him that the cheque was deposited to Yoojin. He assumed something else.

 

“Yoojin, Teddy just deposited the money in your account.” Jinu tells her. “This was the transaction that Baekkyoung made. If he had time to check the envelop again, he would have known. Was this the money you were waiting for all this time?”

 

“What is going on here?” Yang Hyun Suk stands up then he looks at Yoojin then Jiyong. “Jiyong, you knew about this? Is this why you told me that your term as CEO will only be temporary? That you will hand the company back to me when I get the money?”

 

“Appa, he has nothing to do with it. It was my idea. Believe me, I wasn’t expecting the money from Teddy. Seung Hyun and I, we put our trust fund together after begging for it from Halmoni. I also earned some cash at work while I was in the US. Oma also gave us what she could!”

 

“I told you that your money, even your Oma’s money, are for your own personal use and not to waste it on things, like the company! I already have invested everything I had in it! I didn’t want my family to be involved!”

 

“And this is why I never told you.” Yoojin tells him. “I knew you wouldn’t agree to our plan. I knew you were going to refuse our help! Appa, if it never occurred to you, YGE is ours too! We are as desperate as you are!”

 

“I set aside your trust fund for you.” Yang Hyun Suk says. “For you and your brother’s future!”

 

“YGE is our future.” Yoojin tells him. “If it gets taken away, then Seung Hyun and I have nothing.”

 

“Why would Teddy give you money though?” Jinu interrupts. Haru and Yoojin looks at each other.

 

“Actually…” Haru starts to say but Yoojin cuts in.

 

“Actually, I think Teddy is trying to tell us that he knows about our plan. That Samchon Jiyong was a bait. Maybe, he wants you to stop looking and tracking his cheques. This was a great distraction and it is clearly working.”

 

Yoojin looks at Haru again and the latter nods at her. They weren’t going to speak about what happened to Haru just yet.

 

Yang Hyun Suk looks at Jiyong and Psy then at Jinu.

 

“Did you tell your staff to stop looking?” Yang Hyun Suk asks. 

 

“No, they’re still tracking as we speak.” Jinu assures him.

 

Yang Hyun Suk sighs and turns to Yoojin. “We are not done with this discussion. Do we have anything to drink here? I think I need something strong.”

 

Seungri goes to the small wine bar inside Yang Hyun Suk’s office and starts pouring them all a Johnnie, Blue label. “Should I give everyone?” He asks.

 

“Everyone except the girls.” Yang Hyun Suk says. Haru pouts and Daesung nudges her.

 

“Its Blue label.” Haru whispers to him.

 

“You are underage.” Daesung tells her then grins before turning to help Seungri give the adults a glass of liquor each.

 

“It seems Baekkyoung doesn’t know then.” Hyun Suk says.

 

“Hyun Suk hyung, even if what you say is true and Teddy was alive, why would he want to buy the company? He was happy producing songs. He was content with what he had. The way I know him…” Baekkyoung looks at Danny. “The Teddy we know isn’t capable of doing these things.”

 

“I agree with Baekkyoung.” Danny says.

 

“Which leads us now to the next thing we all have to talk about.” Yang Hyun Suk turns to Danny. “Top, will you tell us what happened earlier at Twosome?”

 

Top nods and began to recount what had happened. “It appears that someone entered Twosome and started a fire at the 3rd floor where we have our own studio. The fire spread fast because there was gasoline all over the place.”

 

“Entered?” Haru asks. “Then that person passed through your security?”

 

“Yes, since the alarms would have come off if there were any signs of forced entry. And no, security says no one approached him before the fire started. He says he checked the perimeter of Twosome but found no one suspicious. There could only be 1 possible entry point and that is through the back door.”

 

“It could be anyone who knew Teddy before. The locks in the backdoor hasn’t been changed.” Jiyong adds.

 

“This was also found at the firewall at the back of Twosome. Just above the backdoor.” Top says and shows Danny his phone. “Are those words familiar?”

 

“Yes, its our song. One Love.” Danny tells him. “Teddy and I wrote it. It was written for our respective girlfriends at that time.”

 

“Danny hyung, can I take a look at your phone?” Jiyong says.

 

“I lost my cell yesterday. I don’t have it with me.”

 

Top and Jiyong looks at each other.

 

“Why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter