xxxxxXXXIIxxxxx

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

I’m not sure if its true, but they said twins have that special link. A special bond wherein their feelings are somehow shared. I don’t know because I don’t have a twin. But then again, this is fiction, so everything works, right? ^_~

 

 

Perhaps the emotion was too strong that Hayi felt it, almost like it was hers. I think heartbreaking moments are strong. Even if you’re not twins, say your best friend when she’s heartbroken, you almost feel it too when she tells you of her story, right? Just like how my heart is aching for Lena right now.

 

 

Thank you so much for all the votes and all the comments! Your words of encouragement are beyond me and I hope my updates are enough to show you guys how much I appreciate you. 

 

 

This is how I wish to write and I want to stay driven. 

 

 

I'm really trying and I hope I can please you all but we know that's impossible. >.<

 

 

Happy Rui is my kind of Rui and a happy Rui updates faster.

 

 

I'm whiny, I know... (>3<) Rui hides in a corner to reflect

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A blushing girl stood before Mino. After she got the flowers, she nodded and right before Lena’s eyes, she saw him hug her. Lena knew the girl accepted him. Lena knew that the way he embraced her was different from the way he was embracing the girl right now.

 

 

 

Lena took a step back and walked away from the scene. Her heart thumped a crazy beat and there seemed to be a ringing in her ears that made her deaf to everything else. She turned to retrace her footsteps to where she came from, but not really knowing when she was going to stop. She felt cold even though she was wearing a jacket. She zipped it up to her neck and hugged herself. A tear escaped her eye and she squeezed her eye shut, angrily wiping at her cheek. A few trainees who knew her called her name but she didn’t turn to greet them. She bumped into other people but she didn’t stop to apologize.

 

 

 

When she was by the YG building main offices, she was stopped by a safety officer. She merely showed her ID and was allowed to pass. Lena didn’t even notice that there was a barricade on the streets, separating the building from the media, who didn’t turn their attention to a mere trainee. 

 

 

 

Her mind was blank. The thumping of her heart seem to have grown louder and louder until the sound drowned out. Her eyes stung but not a tear fell. She could feel something hurting but couldn’t point out exactly what it was. She felt lost, confused at everything that is happening.

 

 

 

She only stopped when she saw someone familiar alight from a car and enter the building. She ran with all her might until she slipped past the electronic doors before they closed and hugged the person who just entered.

 

 

 

Jiyong turned as he recognized Lena’s voice calling him and as soon as he saw her, his daughter wrapped her arms around his waist. “Lena?” He asked as he tucked her hair behind her ear but his daughter just buried her face on his torso. “What’s wrong baby?”

 

 

 

He felt her turn her head from side to side.

 

 

 

“Did you miss, Appa?” A nod. Jiyong chuckled and kissed the top of her head. “Come, let’s go up to your Oma. She’s with Minzy. Your sister is also here.” He pulled Lena’s arms away from his waist and tried to look at her but Lena’s head was bent and he thought he heard her sniff.

 

 

 

“Baby, what’s wrong?” He crouched down to peer at her face but Lena turned away from him. “Hey, are you crying?” He asked but Lena just shook her head. “Is it the training? Are you having a hard time?” Jiyong held her wrist and tried to pry Lena’s hands away from her face. “Baby, tell me what’s wrong.” But Lena didn’t say anything.

 

 

 

Jiyong didn't know what to do but then, he remembers that he gets to let Hayi tell him anything over a bowl of ramyun. He decided then that maybe Lena needs to talk first before going to Dara and maybe she can open up to him with the same method.

 

 

 

“Come, let’s go get something to eat.”

 

 

 

Lena nodded and Jiyong stood up and held her hand, leading her towards the YG cafeteria.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YG Building, CEO office

 

 

 

Dara and Chaerin sat on either side of Minzy who hasn’t stopped crying since she arrived. Both girls knew she was scared but they really can’t say that they know how she felt because none of them ever had the experience of being in jail. Not even Jiyong was put behind bars when he had a drug scandal. This was too much for Minzy. Everyone knew that.

 

 

 

“Minzy, do you want to talk about this now?” Yang Hyun Suk asked. Minzy nodded but she couldn’t seem to speak.

 

 

 

“Sajangnim, maybe we should let her rest first.” Chaerin suggested. Hyun Suk got a bottled water from his personal fridge and handed it to Minzy. 

 

 

 

“Ne, Minzy you should rest.” Dara comforted, her hand soothing the younger woman’s back. “You haven’t slept, Minji-ah.”

 

 

 

“Daesung-oppa? Is he all right now?” Minzy asked.

 

 

 

“Daesung-oppa is with Seungri. I called just when Dara-unnie said that you have arrived. Bom-unnie is also very worried about you.”

 

 

 

“Bommie told me that if it was okay for you, you can stay with her tonight.” Minzy looked at Dara then she nodded.

 

 

 

“Ne… I don’t want to be alone.”

 

 

 

“We will take you there.” Dara offered.

 

 

 

“I’ll come too.” Chaerin smiled and pulled Minzy to rest her head on her shoulder.

 

 

 

“I’ll come with her tomorrow, Sajangnim. Perhaps tomorrow, we can answer the questions.” Chaerin added.

 

 

 

“I want to tell you not to worry about it, Minzy. But I know it will be futile. We all know you are innocent. We will make sure that everyone sees that.” The YG president assured his talent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, inside the YG cafeteria, Jiyong watched as Lena ate ramyun. He’s been asking her what was wrong but Lena just shook her head at every question.

 

 

 

“We’re the steps too hard?” No

 

 

 

“Are you having a hard time with the timing?” No

 

 

 

“Did you have a fight with Hayi?” No

 

 

 

“Did you miss lunch?” No

 

 

 

“Do you have your period?” Lena looked at him with wide eyes before shaking her head.

 

 

 

Jiyong sighed. “Did someone make fun of you? Tell me and it will be the last time they set eyes on the YG building.”

 

 

 

Lena knew her dad was capable of doing exactly what he said. After all, didn’t he say he can get Soohyun back and look where her friend was now? Training under one of YGE’s best producers.

 

 

 

“Appa, its nothing, really. Sorry if I just suddenly cried.”

 

 

 

“Lena…”

 

 

 

“I’m all right, Appa! I guess its just the pressure. I think I have to unwind a bit.”

 

 

 

“I can go with you.”

 

 

 

“Ani, Appa I know you have to do something. Besides, I want to go alone. Walking calms me. Can I go explore the city on my own?”

 

 

 

“But…”

 

 

 

“Appa, I know how to commute. May I? Please?” She looked at him with her big brown eyes and he laughed when she bat her lashes at him.

 

 

 

“Aigoo, how can I say no to that?” He d for his wallet and got some bills. “Here, take it. Just for emergency. Call me if you get lost or if you want me to pick you up.”

 

 

 

“Appa, isn’t this too much?”

 

 

 

“Ani, just take it. You never know, you might need it. Just don’t go overboard when you shop. I have my blackcard for that and its for you, Hayi and Oma’s use.”

 

 

 

Lena stood up from her seat and hugged her dad. “You’re the best, Appa. Thank you.” She kissed his cheek. “I’ll let you know where I am and when I’m on my way home.”

 

 

 

“Don't you forget that! Is your phone charged?”

 

 

 

“Ne!” Lena got her phone and checked. “90%!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Haru, come home. Yedam is here. - Mom

 

 

 

Haru was seated in the waiting area of ICN, waiting for her flight to board when she got her mom’s message. She sighed and typed in a reply.

 

 

 

I’m on my way to Japan for work. I’m not sure when I’ll be back but I’ll drop by the house when I do. I know he’s back. I saw him at the company. My flight’s being called. I have to go. Love you. - Haru

 

 

 

She stood up to go line up for boarding. Haru turned off her phone and popped her gum. She took a deep breath.

 

 

 

Forget everything for a while and focus on your work. You are awesome. You are Haru. Everyday counts. Haru counts. Haru thought to herself, a mantra she said to keep herself going despite the chaos around her. I’ll focus all this anger to my work and hell, I will get to the bottom of this even if it costs me my life!

 

 

 

She blew on her gum again until it popped. Instead of taking a deep breath this time, she grinned. Haru was confident that she will be able to help solve this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong was still thinking about what happened earlier with his daughter while the lift took him to the top floor. He could feel that something was wrong and he just wanted to hold her and keep her with him while she cried but he panicked. Who wouldn’t, right? Every time he sees Dara cry before, he was always in panic. Now, it was Lena.

 

 

 

The lift stopped on the second floor and he saw his other daughter with Hwangsabu, YG trainer.

 

 

 

“Appa!” Hayi exclaimed and immediately hugged him. Jiyong kissed her head.

 

 

 

“Hi baby. Sabu-nim, anyeong hansayo.” He politely greets then looks back down at his daughter. “Why were you on the second floor?”

 

 

 

“I went to see the nurse.” Hayi answered. “I was walking down the hall from the restroom and suddenly my heart hurt!”

 

 

 

“Your heart hurt?” Jiyong immediately crouched down to check on her, worry etched all over his face.

 

 

 

“But it disappeared. Its not hurting now. The nurse said maybe I’m just scared of something or I was having an…” Hayi was thoughtful for a moment, trying to remember what the nurse said. “an…an…anch…anchovy?”

 

 

 

Hwangsabu couldn’t help it and he laughed. It was the first time he was seeing Jiyong all fatherly to his daughter. Being a father himself, he knew how it was to be worried about your child.

 

 

 

“Anxiety.” Sabu-nim suggested the word and Hayi’s face lit up.

 

 

 

“That!” Hayi said. “Sorry, how do you even spell that?”

 

 

 

“Hayi, are you scared of something?” Jiyong was still worried for his daughter. “What did the nurse do? Should I bring you to a hospital?”

 

 

 

“Hospital? Appa! I’m fine already. It doesn’t hurt anymore.”

 

 

 

“Are you sure? I still want to bring you there though.”

 

 

 

“Appa…” Hayi still tried to protest but the elevator doors opened and Hwangsabu got out then looked back.

 

 

 

“Isn’t this your floor too?” He asked Jiyong who was staring blankly at him.

 

 

 

“Ani, I’m talking to the nurse. She’s still there, right?”

 

 

 

“Ne, she’s still there.” The muscleman answered and Jiyong bowed in thanks then pressed the number 2 button.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

Lena was sulking inside her classroom when Top found her. It was the day that the students were asked to bring their father to school. She didn’t have any at that time and asking her mom would just make her sad so she kept it to herself. Seeing all her classmates with their respective father’s though, made her long for her own. After classes, she stayed and called Top using the pay phone to ask him to pick her up.

 

 

 

“Hey, are you all right?” Top asked when he found Lena sitting on a desk. She looked at him and nodded but Top didn’t miss her pout. “What’s wrong? Your mom didn’t come to pick you up?” She shook her head again. “The bus left you?”

 

 

 

“I was supposed to bring my dad at school today.”

 

 

 

“Oh…”, was all he could say and he leaned on the chair behind him. The words “I am proud of my father because ______” in the biggest font ever, was written on the chalkboard in front of him. He was at a loss for words.

 

 

 

“I didn’t tell mom because she will be sad and I know you have work so I didn’t want to bother you.”

 

 

 

“Lena…”

 

 

 

“Uncle Tabi, do I have a dad?”

 

 

 

“Of course, you do.”

 

 

 

“Then where is he? Why isn’t he with mom? She never tells me anything. Whenever I ask, she becomes sad and I don’t want my mom to be sad. I don’t ever want to see her cry.” Lena angrily wiped at her tears and she kept her head bent. Top handed her a handkerchief and Lena blew her nose on it. “Does he even know I’m alive or who I am? Does he even love me?”

 

 

 

“Hey…” Top crouched to her level and wiped her cheeks of tear stains with his thumbs. “Whatever you need to know about your dad, I’m sure your mom will tell you in time. I know this though and I am a 100% sure of it.” Top holds the butterfly necklace. “Your father loves you so much, Lena. He may not be beside you physically but this necklace, this is a promise to you. He gave you this necklace when you were born and like this butterfly, you are precious to him. There are just some things that will be hard for you to understand at this age but don’t ever doubt, Lena. Your father loves you so much.”

 

 

 

Lena touches the necklace.

 

 

 

“Come on, let me take you home or your mom will be worried.”

 

 

 

“I don’t want to go home yet. Oma will see me crying and she will be more worried.”

 

 

 

“You have a point there. So, what do you say about grabbing a hotdog by the Hudson?” Lena smiled and nodded.

 

End of flashback

 

 

She was 10 when she first went to the Hudson river with Top. Looking at the calm waters and the cool breeze calmed her and when she got home, she was smiling again. The next time she went there was when she and Dara had a fight about her decision to audition for YGE. That was in February of this year only. She knew it was the only place that could calm her.

 

 

 

Now in Korea, she found herself walking along the Han River. There were a lot of people, so she walked and walked until she found an area where she could be left alone. When only about 3 people were about, she found a big chunk of rock and sat on it, facing the water. She hugged her knees close to her and propped her chin on top, letting the breeze caress her face and blow on her hair.

 

 

 

I suddenly miss my old life. Lena thought to herself. Back in New York, Mino-oppa only had me. We were inseparable and he didn’t make other friends. He said he was content with just me. Argh! Lena stop! Lena fisted her hands on her hair and clenched her eyes shut.

 

 

 

“Argh!” She messed up her hair then combed at it back to an acceptable disarray of dark brown waves. She let her head drop to her knee and look to her right where the wind was blowing. 

 

 

 

“I must be going crazy.”

 

 

 

“Why?” Someone said from her other side and she turned to find Bobby. He raised his left hand to wave at her, with his trademark eye smile. “Hi Lena!”

 

 

 

“Bobby? What are you doing here?”

 

 

 

“I live close by. That building over there!” Bobby pointed out and Lena turned to look. “My aunt asked me to buy some ingredients for her cake and I saw you on my way back. Want an apple?” He asked, already handing her one and she didn’t refuse. Eating seemed to be a reflex to her today. She just ate but at the sight of the fruit, started to water again. She bit on the apple and smiled at how juicy it was. “Delicious, right?” Lena nodded and thanked him. “So, what were you doing here?”

 

 

 

“Me? Unwinding.”

 

 

 

“Unwinding? You seemed angry.”

 

 

 

“Ani, why will I be?”

 

 

 

“Its all right if you don’t want to tell me, Lena, but you looked deep in thought when I saw you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter