xxxxxXVIIIxxxxx

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Anyeong! To my new readers, welcome!!! ^^ Hope you stay through the end and I don't bore you guys.

 

 

Sorry it took long...I was, well...not that inspired to be perfectly honest. I hope you still enjoy this one though.

 

 

To those who thought with me, thank you so much! I really appreciate it! ^^ i hope I can stimulate ur mind more in the future so i have to work harder.

 

 

Thank you for your time!!! ^^

 

 

Rui

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sir, our phones hasn’t stopped ringing since your statement came out.” Peter Chun, a representative from the YG Entertainment branch in the US was speaking with the CEO OF YGE in Korea. Worry laced his voice for he was friends with the artists, most especially, Chaerin. “Please advise us what to do.”

 

 

“Peter, I cannot say more. Chaerin and Seungri already said their piece and I have said mine based on what they revealed.”

 

 

“How are they? Is it as bad in Korea?”

 

 

“I think it is worse.” Yang Hyun Suk spoke with regret. “By the way, I have word that Jiyong is in New York. Have you told Dara? I was hoping you could delay their flight back.”

 

 

“Sorry, Sajangnim but I hadn’t reached them on time. I think Dara is on her way back home with Jiyong.”

 

 

The YG CEO faced the glass walls of his office and looked at the bright and sunny city of Seoul. It was a complete contrast to the storm clouds brewing over YGE. He rubbed his fingers against his temples.

 

 

“This will be a bigger problem.” He sighed onto the receiver. After ending the call, Hyun Suk dialed another number and walked out of his office towards his PR department.

 

 

“Get someone to find Sandara Park’s flight for me and as soon as you do, contact someone up there to tell Kwon Jiyong not to leave the aircraft without being told to do so!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lee Seungri may have childish ways but when he was required to act like an adult, he won't come up short. He watched as Chaerin slept while he pondered on their situation. It was enough to not let him sleep a wink.

 

 

When morning came, Chaerin found him in the living room couch fast asleep. She also saw his laptop and looked at what he could be working on. Her heart ached as she browsed through the websites he was looking at before he probably fell asleep.

 

 

She went back to the room and got the comforter.

 

 

Seungri stirred as he felt warm and found Chaerin snuggled close to him. “Chae?” He spoke and she just smiled and gave him a peck on the lips.

 

 

“You haven’t slept.” She said and he nodded. “Let’s sleep all day.”

 

 

“Not a bad idea.” He said as he drew her closer to him, inhaling the fruity scent of her hair, her head cradled in his arm and his lips pressed to it.

 

 

 

She looked up at him and her fingers run over his stubbles. “I love you, Seung-rat!”

 

 

“I love you more, my Chae-cat!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Top came back to Myeongdong the next day. He found himself sitting in front of Uee and feigning interest to whatever she was saying.

 

 

“Sorry if I rescheduled.” Uee said after her unwarranted small talks that Top either just nodded or shook his head to. He was half listening and half pondering on what to bring back home for Bom. “I forgot I had something to do tonight.”

 

 

“Its all right, Uee-shi. But let’s not talk in circles now. You know why I’m here and that is the only reason why I came.”

 

 

“Right, always straight to the point.” Uee drunk from her cup of coffee before she continued. “Tell me what you know of the status of idols in the film industry these days, Top-shi.”

 

 

“I don’t know much and I don’t think I need to concern myself over idols. I produce movies now and I really prefer if the cast we choose are first and foremost actors.”

 

 

“That stung a bit.”

 

 

“I don’t know why it should since you are an actress now, right?” Top amended. Uee smiled and nodded. “So let us cut to the chase. How do you know of my project? I don’t recall sending out a press release about what I am about to start.”

 

 

“Oh, but you are aware that gossip precedes every idol, and you are one of the most famous, as I recall.”

 

 

“I stopped being an Idol a long time ago, Uee-shi.”

 

 

“You may have, but to the eyes of many, you still are one.” She crossed her arms on the table and leaned closer to him. “You may have left the stage 10 years ago but since you arrived, people couldn’t stop writing about you. You still are an idol in the eyes of many, Top-shi.”

 

 

“I don’t care about what they say these days.”

 

 

“But you should, because after all, the people in the film business care about your so-called “idol life”.”

 

 

“What does that mean?” Top was getting irate at the topic. He quit his job when he left Korea and until now, he was sure that he didn’t miss his “idol life”. Why did it have to haunt him? People sure have issues about moving on.

 

 

“Since you haven’t been so updated, let me help you. 8 years ago, your friend, Kim Jaejoong and his group, Yoochun and Junsu were finally able to perform in Korea again, despite their scandal with SME. You do recall that, don’t you?” Top nodded knowing full well that Jaejoong was a mess when DBSK disbanded.

 

 

“Their first concert back here was a success. In fact, it set another record and they were as loved as that time they were known as DBSK. SM didn’t meddle this time. JYJ and their company even brought some kind of peace offering to SME after the success of their shows.”

 

 

Top listened intently. He has been disconnected from Korean showbiz for so long that he found himself curious, especially when she started talking about his friends.

 

 

“JYJ became active for a whole year and they were the leading group once again. As you know, 2 of them, Yoochun and Jaejoong are also actors. They began starring in movies and dramas, collaborating with LOEN, CJES and Keyeast, among the famous ones. At that time, a lot of idols were doing well as actors and people in the film industry couldn’t negate the fact that the popularity of the idols added to ratings, especially when the idols could really act.” Uee paused to drink again but she avoided Top’s gaze. She didn’t want to let her emotions show. She was just here to inform him that he was in trouble. She cleared before she continued. Top was just quiet.

 

 

“I know that you have had your fair share of criticisms that idols can’t act as well as they perform on stage however, Choi Seunghyun-shi, you were one of those that proved the media people wrong.”

 

 

And Top knew that well but he didn’t show it and just drunk his own coffee. Uee just continued.

 

 

“While working with Keyeast, Jaejoong starred in a drama with Kim Hyun Joong, one of your friends as well, if I am not mistaken.”

 

 

“Yes, Jaejoong-hyung and Joohyun-hyung are my friends.”

 

 

“Then Jaejoong got Jessica to star with them, and a whole lot of other idols.”

 

 

“Jessica of Sonyushidae?” Uee nodded.

 

 

“It was a sure hit! Everyone who knew about the project was anticipating it and many were excited!”

 

 

“And SME was all right with that, I’m sure.”

 

 

“Ani, that’s where you are wrong.” Top noticed the anger in Uee’s eyes. “Do you even know what happened to your friends now or where they are?”

 

 

Top looked down, ashamed. True, he didn’t. He cut all ties when he left. He didn’t even keep in touch with his best friends.

 

 

“Apparently, Jessica forgot to tell their president about this and when Lee Soo Man found out, he made sure Jaejoong never stepped foot in Korea again and the company he worked with, along with Keyeast, never got to recover from the lawsuit that he filed. Lee Soo Man is a powerful man. I believe he is capable of anything and if you are not careful, you’ll find yourself being lured to his kingdom.”

 

 

“What do you mean?” Uee’s phone started to ring and when she looked out, she saw her manager. She ended the call then turned to Top.

 

 

“I can’t talk more about this. My manager is here and I have a schedule. We’ll continue our talk, Top-shi! I’ll tell you where and when.” Uee stood up, bowed and left before Top could stop her.

 

 

Before he could ponder more on what Uee was telling him, his phone also starts to ring.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The couple laughed in their seats as they tried to reminisce their trainee days.

 

 

“I remember you eating those spicy things for me.” Dara said. “I will forever be thankful for that.”

 

 

“My seriously hurt after eating too much spicy food, you know.”

 

 

“And I had to endure you mocking me about my song for a long time.”

 

 

“That doesn’t even compare to the pain on my ! I was lucky I didn’t get hemorrhoids! The things I’d do just for you to notice me.” He admitted and Dara smiled. “So I hope you understand why I am against those guys wanting our babies’ attention.”

 

 

“I think its sweet!”

 

 

“But…” He stopped speaking because his not so ex of a wife nuzzled his neck.

 

 

“Because I felt really special when you did silly things to get my attention, I also want my girls to know how it feels like.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter