EPILOGUE JIYONG&DARA;

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Each epilogue overlaps because its the POV of the characters. A glimpse of what they felt and experienced and their present life. If you noticed, I emphasized on each Kwon so don't go looking for Dara and Jiyong so much in Lena or Hayi's chapter. They have their own. Please don't get confused anymore, okay?

 

 

HOW R U, SO FAR?

HAPPY? \\(^_^)// I'LL EVEN MAKE YOU HAPPIER!

LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, OKAY?

 

 

 

 

 

 

EPILOGUE

JIYONG&DARA

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

“Lena…” Dara calls out, her eyes still transfixed on the burning remains of the car. “Ji, Lena…”

 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong holds his wife against him and kisses her hair. “I’m sorry, Dara.”

 

 

 

“Ani, she can’t be…” Dara shakes her head then buries her face on his neck, crying like a child. Jiyong was also in tears, angrily wiping at it with the sleeve of his white shirt. He had removed his coat to drape it over his wife.

 

 

 

Seungri, Youngbae and Daesung were all talking to the police and asking about the people in the crash site. They were still unsure of how many people were involved in the accident.

 

 

 

“Dara…” They hear a voice call out. “Jiyong!”

 

 

 

The couple turns back to see Top walking towards them  with someone in his arms. Beside him were Bobby and Mino.

 

 

 

“Lena?” Jiyong asks Top and he nods. “Oh my God, Lena!”

 

 

 

Jiyong and Dara runs to Top, touching their daughter. Top hands Lena over to Jiyong and the couple could just embrace her. Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri approaches the new comers.

 

 

 

“Top-hyung…” Youngbae says, his eyes on the small family, huddled on the sidewalk. “Where did you…”

 

 

 

“Bobby got a message from Noona. I think she let Lena out of the car before you all caught up with her. We found her on an alley.” Top looks at the girl who was still unconscious. “I somehow knew you’d be here and I thought they should see her so we came.”

 

 

 

Dara was just so happy to see Lena and she kept her hand in her grasp, afraid she might disappear. Jiyong was in the same state. “She’s alive, Dara.” He assures her. Dara smiles at him, though she was still crying, but tears of joy now. “We won’t lose her.”

 

 

 

“I know.” Dara managed to say. However, just then, she felt pain on her belly. She was also going pale and a bit nauseous. “Ji…”

 

 

 

“Ne?” He asks and turns to her. Dara was grimacing. She seemed to be in pain.

 

 

 

“Samchon…” Mino taps on Top’s shoulder and when Top turned to him, he gestured towards Bobby.

 

 

 

“Oh…” Top said then he went to Bobby’s other side. Seungri also stood by Bobby.

 

 

 

“That’s her car?” Bobby asked, his face in shock.

 

 

 

“I’m afraid so, Bobby.” Seungri answered him.

 

 

 

“Is she dead?”, was the boy’s next question and Seungri nods. 

 

 

 

Bobby didn’t cry. Truth be told, he didn’t really feel anything. Somehow, it seems that the reality of the situation hasn’t sunk in completely. Top could just hold his shoulder to try to give him comfort.

 

 

 

“Youngbae-hyung…” Daesung tugged on Youngbae’s arm. “Look…” He points to Dara’s wedding gown. The edges of it were turning red.

 

 

 

“Noona!” Youngbae calls out then he and Daesung runs to her. As soon as Youngbae reaches Dara, she falls unconscious.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA POV

 

 

 

I will never forget that day. Our wedding day and the twin’s birthday was also the day that almost took the life of one of my daughters and my unborn child. What was supposed to be a happy day has turned into one of our nightmares.

 

 

 

Jiyong said that I was already bleeding for long but perhaps in our state of panic over Lena, I wasn’t able to notice. The inside of my gown has been soaked in red. 

 

 

 

When I woke up that day, I also found out that Lena has been anxious over my state and she has been looking for me. My poor child has been extremely traumatized. I had to let her sleep beside me so that she won’t wake up screaming.

 

 

 

When we both went home, I noticed that she has become withdrawn. She was almost always just looking into space and she didn’t speak much. I was heartbroken seeing her like this.

 

 

 

Jiyong decided to move our family to America and I suggested that we best stay at our old place, where Lena grew up. It took her another month before she finally came out of her room. I was almost giving up. How useless a mother could I be? I wanted to help her but I didn’t know what to do. 

 

 

 

There were nights that she would wake screaming. Jiyong and I left our doors open, even her room open and whenever we hear her scream, we would run to her room and hold her. Hayi couldn’t sleep well anymore. She was also scared for her twin. I had no choice but to seek help from a doctor and they gave Lena something to help her sleep. 

 

 

 

For some time, she had a good peaceful sleep however, one night, when we thought we can leave her in her room, alone, she had the nightmares again and it was worse this time. She woke up and she was screaming but none of us heard her. She went to the bathroom and took the pills but it was more than she should have and we found her unconscious on the floor.

 

 

 

I was again so scared. I thought my daughter has become suicidal. I never left her alone at night anymore. I asked Hayi to sleep beside Jiyong while I slept beside Lena.

 

 

 

For almost a year, Lena also refused to get in a car. We never went out as a family. Either I go or Jiyong goes, as long as 1 of us should be at home with her.

 

 

 

Of course, even though we were trying to be the best parents for Lena, we also couldn’t neglect Hayi. She had to go to school. We also explained to her what was happening to her sister. I was really happy that she was very understanding.

 

 

 

It was her idea to put up the angel statue in our garden. She said, that maybe Lena will want that. She knew that her sister could be thinking that she was the reason why I had a miscarriage. That day, Hayi brought her sister outside and asked help from her.

 

 

 

We thought she would never go but surprisingly, she did. She even planted the flowers around it. The fetus wasn’t even 20 weeks when I miscarried so we didn’t know if it was a boy or a girl. It was Lena who said that the baby is a girl. Hayi suggested we call her Cheon. She will be our angel. At Lena’s nod, it has been decided.

 

 

 

Since we put Cheon outside, Lena had been going out of her room. She stays by the angel statue most of the time and sometimes, I could see her cleaning it. Somehow, Cheon was able to bring Lena back to us slowly. Though she’s been seeing the doctor since we got here, she only showed improvement after we placed the cherub’s statue in our garden.

 

 

 

Slowly, Lena began to respond to us again and by the new school year, we were able to enroll her. She went to school, she studied but Hayi said that Lena rarely talks to others. She doesn’t even make friends.

 

 

 

Seeing my daughter this way made me wonder if she had seen me this way before. I mean, I did go out but I remember times when I was just staring off into space, thinking of how Hayi was. Lena did say that she saw me having a hard time. She also mentioned that I was always sad. My heart ached for her and I wanted to help but when I asked her what I should do, she told me to give her time.

 

 

 

Time was what she asked for, so we gave it to her. Somehow, it helped little by little. We were almost back to normal. They were graduating and we were so happy until that time, the topic of Seoul came.

 

 

 

My husband, Jiyong still owned a share in YGE and it really was enough to provide for us. Its just that we can’t always just rely on it. One of us, at least, needs a stable job and the New York branch of the company had given Jiyong a call. He was able to work again while I became a full time housewife. I didn’t complain. I was happy taking care of my family.

 

 

 

The business I opened in Seoul is being managed by Top. The movie we produced was a hit. I got a big bonus from C&J. Good thing there was internet. Since I still had a contract with C&J, I still had to work and Top has helped me with that. Most of the time, he covered for me but we both knew that we will be questioned about it so there are times that I will stay in the study room to work on-line with him.

 

 

 

Life has been tough on us.

 

 

 

However, I’d rather have a tough life with a complete family, than an easy one and yet, I’m missing 1 daughter.

 

 

 

After the twins graduated in high school, Hayi spoke of her desire to go back to Seoul. Though she smiles a lot, I knew that my daughter was unhappy. Jiyong told me of the times that Hayi would go to his workplace. We never told her that we knew. We let her enjoy her music. We wanted her to be happy as well. Jiyong and I thought that we should give her some freedom and independence.

 

 

 

We already talked about going back to Seoul as a family without knowing that Hayi had sent audition tapes to YGE. When she told us about it, we were just about to ask them both if they wanted to go together.

 

 

 

Lena didn’t.

 

 

 

Hayi was furious.

 

 

 

That was the first time I saw my girls fight. Jiyong and I were again clueless as to what to do. It took us a month to decide and thankfully, Jiyong got a phone call from YGE’s CEO and he was invited to the company at Seoul.

 

 

 

He wanted to back out. I didn’t let him. I told him it was Hayi’s chance to go back and though reluctant to leave me and Lena, Jiyong left with Hayi. I noticed that my twins have somehow drifted apart. They never had fun together, like before. They never laughed and smiled together like when we were back in Seoul.

 

 

 

The night that Jiyong came back, I cried when he told me that Hayi didn’t want to come back. I had to let my baby go to pursue her dreams. Jiyong promised that when Lena was ready, we will all go back.

 

 

 

That same night, since he couldn’t sleep because of jet lag, he heard Lena screaming in her room and he immediately opened her door. I watched them both from the doorway as Lena began telling Jiyong about what has really been bothering her. I was happy that she was opening up to us, but I was sad that she kept all those feelings to herself. I hate to see my children suffer. I’d rather be the one having a hard time.

 

 

 

When Lena told us that she got into a good school in college, we were both skeptic about it. We were still worried but somehow, our visits to the doctor became more infrequent and she advised us to let Lena move on. Giving her independence will be a great help.

 

 

 

The doctor was right. After a few months in school, we noticed that she was getting better. She was smiling more and we got to talk more. I was seeing the girl that I knew before that tragic night.

 

 

After her first year, she was almost back to the old Lena. She also insisted that Jiyong and I go back to Seoul. She noticed that we were getting lonely. Technically, life in America only included the 3 of us now. Though Jiyong and I tried over and over again, we still have a hard time conceiving.

 

 

 

We both wanted to have another child and we had to do it as soon as possible or it will be harder for me as I grow older. Since we saw that Lena was stable now, almost back to her normal self, we agreed to leave. But I made her promise to come to Seoul and she said she will, after she graduates. That gave me relief.

 

 

 

So here we are now, back in Seoul with just the 2 of us, Jiyong and I. Hayi was living at the trainee’s dorms now and we get to see her occasionally. My friends would always come and visit to try to cheer me up.

 

 

 

If they were envious of our twins before, now I was envious of their babies.

 

 

 

“Ji…” I poke my husband’s shoulder when he lay next to me. He just makes a sound to let me know that he is listening. “I really want another baby.”

 

 

 

His eyes open and he turns to me. I smile at him and I notice his worried gaze. He caresses my face with the back of his fingers. I hold his hand and kiss it.

 

 

 

“The doctor said that you might get another miscarriage. Dara, if you bleed again, it will be more serious this time.”

 

 

 

“I’m getting lonely.”

 

 

 

“Me too. The twins are so grown up now.”

 

 

 

“I envy Bommie and Chae.” I admit to him. “Don’t you get jealous of Tabi and Seungri as well? Did you see Seungri playing with his son and Tabi playing with his daughter? Its the sweetest thing!” My husband smiles at me. 

 

 

 

“Of course, I am.”

 

 

 

“Then what’s holding you back?” He sighs, not answering my question. “Or is it because you don’t find me attracttive anymore?”

 

 

 

The question stings but I had to know. They said that as women grow older, they become less appealing to their husbands. He looks at me like I’ve grown 3 heads.

 

 

 

“What did you say?”

 

 

 

“I was asking if you don’t find me as attractive as I was before.”

 

 

 

“Yeobho, that’s like blasphemy!” He says, looking incredulously at me.

 

 

 

“Ani, I think you are.” Somehow, the thought that he could be losing interest in me brought tears to my eyes. Jiyong gathers me in his arms and I try to stop my foolishness.

 

 

 

“Dara, stop that! Its not funny!”

 

 

 

“Of course, its not funny!” I cry into his chest. “You don’t want to make love to me anymore because I’m old.” I cry louder.

 

 

 

“Where the hell are you getting these ideas? You should stop watching those housewife tv shows!”

 

 

 

“I can’t help it! I am a housewife!” I hit his arm. “I am a lonely housewife with no one to take care of.” Jiyong tilts my chin up so that I was looking at him.

 

 

 

“Are you getting tired of me?” He asks, I’m sure its because I said I was lonely and I shake my head vigorously to amend that.

 

 

 

“I love you. I’ll never get tired of you.” I tell him.

 

 

 

“Aigoo, maybe you need a pet.” He says and I hit his arm again. “Maybe I can get a pet?”

 

 

 

“Try and I’ll make you sleep beside your pet!” I threaten. He looked hurt then he pouted. I move forward to kiss the pout off his lips.

 

 

 

“I’m really just scared for you, Dara.” He says with that tender look in his eyes. He looks at me the same way he did on our wedding day.

 

 

 

“I’m not scared, Ji.” I touch his face. “I know you will take care of me. Besides, don’t you miss it?”

 

 

 

“I miss it terribly.” He says then he dips his head to kiss me. I don’t pull back. In fact, I hold him closer and I feel his body against mine. I know he wants me. I giggle and he stops kissing me. “What?”

 

 

 

“Your body can’t lie. I know you want me.”

 

 

 

“I want you every single day, Kwon Sandara.” He says before turning me so that I was lying on my back and he was on top of me. “Nothing will ever change that.”

 

 

 

“You said you wanted 8, remember?” He grins at me. “We only have a short time to make 8.”

 

 

 

“I was only kidding. Give me any number, and I will love them all, as I love you.”

 

 

 

“Then we should do this everyday.” I say, my hands going to the hem of his shirt to pull it off him.

 

 

 

“Mrs. Kwon, I never thought you’d be as insatiable as you are right now.”

 

 

 

“Well, Mr. Kwon, I am married to you.” I grin at him. “I only live to satiate your needs.” I run my hand through his soft hair. “I live to love you, Jiyong.”

 

 

 

His eyes are smoldering and the intensity of his gaze made me want him more. He kisses me quick. 

 

 

 

“I live for you, Dara.” He says before his mouth devours mine and I feel myself spiraling into a vortex of desire that only my husband can awaken in me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG POV

 

 

 

“Jiyong!” I hear my name and I turn to find my friends. I was standing outside our birth suite. Dara was finally due and she was going to give birth anytime soon!

 

 

 

“Thank God, you’re here!” I tell them.

 

 

 

“Why are you here? Dads are allowed inside!” Top-hyung says.

 

 

 

“Ani, they said they’ll call for me. She’s being inducted. Hyung, the doctor said that if the baby doesn’t go down soon they have to do an operation.”

 

 

 

“Noona’s gonna have a CS?” Seungri asks in panic.

 

 

 

“I don’t know yet! Don’t give me that look, Seungri! I am already dying here!”

 

 

 

“Ji, they also told us that but Bommie was able to deliver. They only said, just in case.” Top hyung assures me. “Dara will be all right.”

 

 

 

“Ne, Jiyong-hyung! Besides, if she was able to give birth to twins before then 1 baby would easily fit out of her.”

 

 

 

I glared at Seungri.

 

 

 

He hides behind Youngbae.

 

 

 

“Why would you even say that?” Youngbae asks Seungri.

 

 

 

“Mr. Kwon, she’s ready. We see the baby’s head.”, says a nurse. My heart races double-time. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter