xxxxxIIxxxxx

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello my awesome readers!

 

 

Y'all know I don't want you left hanging, right?

 

 

I'm sure by now you're thinking that this story is quite similar to a certain Disney movie. I actually patterned it there (See the TITLE?) but gave it a whole lot of twists. After all, my characters are very different. Please don't be quick to judge.

 

 

So, what do you think does YG TRAPPED stand for?

 

                   Is it for the 2 kids, Lena and Hayi, like in the movie?

                   or

                   Is it for the whole YG Family?

 

 

I hope I gave you a bit of a thrill about what's going to happen as the story progresses. 

 

I'm always thankful for your time! Keep on dropping comments down below!^__^

 

 

Who knows? You all inspire me enough to bombard you with updates again. (",)

 

 

 

Lots of love from me! -Rui

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A tall handsome guy with perfectly toned muscles, garbed in nothing but black sweat pants grabbed a glass of water and stood in the middle of his Manhattan Apartment. He walked to the window and looked at the skyline. It was 4am and the busy streets of Wall St. was still devoid of people. He raked his hand over his dark black hair, stopping at his nape to massage the tension on it.

 

 

4am…

 

 

Always at 4am.

 

 

He dialed a number and after 3 rings, a girl's soft voice spoke, clearly irritated by his call.

 

 

"What the hell?"

 

 

"I'm gonna hit the gym today."

 

 

"Its 4 am!"

 

 

"I know." They were both silent for a while and he drank from his glass.

 

 

"You dreamt about it again, didn't you?" The guy sighed and the girl knew his answer even without him voicing it out. She was a bit worried but he only needed to hear her voice to calm him down. After all, she's the only connection he has now, to the life he lived in the past.

 

 

"Sorry, Tabi, I'm in Detroit right now. When I get back to New York, I'll come see you, all right?"

 

 

"Ne, Take care of yourself, Dara."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hayi and Lena slumped on their beds after they got their room assignments. The trainees were housed in a dormitory and technically, you get to stay in a room with your respective group mates. However, in these 2's case, they ended up being grouped together.

 

 

"I can't believe I survived that." Lena spoke while panting.

 

 

"Me neither." Hayi agreed while pulling at her blond locks.

 

 

"We both !" Lena whined and she was almost in tears.

 

 

"I know." Hayi agreed again.

 

 

Today was a definite disaster. First, they asked everyone to learn a certain choreography that they were going to perform with their respective groups. 

 

 

Hayi's group came first and though she could pretty much catch up with the steps, she didn't look fit to be with the other 4 girls. Everyone had long legs, long arms…generally, they were just long! All of them! And Hayi was the shortest one but she already stood a good 5 feet at such a young age. It couldn't have been a problem, except that, she also just stood out unintentionally. She was the only one that was different, clothes, movement and all. The other 3 girls were like clones of Jennie. The reflection on the studio mirror bothered Hayi that much that she wasn't able to perform at her best.

 

 

If Hayi had it bad, Lena had it worse.

 

 

To a person who doesn't even know what jet lag is and started spinning just as she came from that long flight, Lena was fighting the urge not to throw up on the shiny floors of the practice room. Her group was the last to perform. It was also a disaster. Lena was dancing the steps she memorized by heart and she was dancing like a pro until she glanced at the mirror to check on her groupmates but they weren't doing the same step as she was! She was very much confused now that she stopped and Gummy didn't even let them finish. 

 

 

Gummy decided to retain Jennie's group but she took Hayi out of it. The other girls were also rearranged. But where would she put Hayi and Lena?  She really didn't know. Instead, she told them to stick together for now and be housemates.

 

 

 

Flashback

 

"Eh?" Lena and Hayi said together and Gummy laughed because they both sounded alike. Both girls were still oblivious to it.

 

 

"Go home now and stick together." Gummy almost pushed them out the door after training. "Tomorrow, 5am! Don't forget!" She reminded them and the 2 girls nodded.

End of Flashback

 

 

They were now in their new home and the girls got ready for bed. Just as they were about to close their eyes, both their phones started to ring.

 

 

"Yoboseyo?" They answered at the same time but, it wasn't long before the phones fell on the pillow as they both fell asleep in the middle of talking with their parents.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I think that is the wisest decision I have come up with the whole day!" Gummy was talking on the phone while she was getting ready for bed.  "They are every bit their father's daughter."

 

 

"And they have their mother's charm?" The voice from the other line said and Gummy laughed. "Have they realized it already?"

 

 

"Ani, I don't think so but they're bound to."

 

 

"I'll be back in a few days. I'm going to train them all."

 

 

"Chae…"

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"Youngbae was thinking of telling Seungri…"

 

 

"No, tell him not to. I'll do that. Tell him to mind his own business or he'll end up like me."

 

 

"Okay. How is Dara? Is she coming back?"

 

 

"I've got no word from her yet. She told me she'll think about it."

 

 

"I hope she comes. I want to see you all together again."

 

 

"I hope so too. I have been dreaming for the same thing. Take care of the twins for me, Gummy-eonni! Thank you!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week went by so fast and the trainees routine included getting to the training room early, after breakfast of course, vocalizing and practicing their intended performance for their mentor at the end of the week, then dance practices in the afternoon. Hayi and Lena also made it a point to keep fit by jogging around the park near their dormitory after training whenever they can. 

 

 

 

Gummy was still deciding on grouping the girls with others. So far, the best out of all the trainees was the 4 member group that was being lead by Jennie Kim. Their dynamic was perfect that adding someone else would be wrong. She was going through the names of the trainees again when someone entered the practice room.

 

 

 

"O, I'm sorry." Hayi bowed and was about to turn but stopped when Gummy called her.

 

 

 

"Come here for a second, Hayi." Hayi nodded and joined her on the bench. They were the only ones inside. "Did you come here to practice?"

 

 

 

"Yes, I was thinking of finishing something so I was looking for a free room."

 

 

 

"That's right, your evaluations with me are coming up." Hayi nodded. "Need any help?" Hayi smiled and shook her head. "Your father probably helped you already. How is he?"

 

 

 

"He's all right." The little girl fondly talked about her father. "He calls every night that one time, I think I fell asleep. He says hello by the way."

 

 

 

"Tell him to come. He knows we're all waiting for him to come back, even just for a visit."

 

 

 

"I'll mention it to him." Hayi looked at her mentor who she has known since she was a kid. "Uhm…Gummy-sumbae…about…that…I…not that I am ashamed of him but…"

 

 

 

"You didn't tell anyone who your father is, did you?" Hayi nodded and Gummy placed a hand on her shoulder. "I do understand. Its okay, your secret is safe with me. Sorry if I can't seem to find a fitting group for you and Lena for now."

 

 

 

"I got no complains. We're fine together. We get along so well, we're like sisters now. I still get shy with her at times because her ways are so worldly but I can catch up by now. She helps me be comfortable around other people too."

 

 

 

"That's good to hear. I really thought you would get along so well."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Lena and Hayi got up early and hurriedly showered. They were brushing their teeth, and were staring at the mirror.

 

 

 

"I like your hair." Lena commented about Hayi's blonde hair and pink highlights.

 

 

 

"Thanks! Its my Dad." Hayi proudly claimed. "He loves changing my hair color and he told me, I'll stand out with my blonde hair."

 

 

 

"He's right. You do stand out. It must be wonderful to have a dad like yours." Lena bent and washed after Hayi. They both grabbed their bag and started walking to the YG building. 

 

 

 

They were both wearing beanies, loose sweats and Air Jordans today. They didn't even notice.

 

 

 

"Don't you miss home? Hayi asked as they tread their path to the YG building.

 

 

 

"Not really…" Lena smiled and closed her eyes as the cold morning air brushed past them. "As a matter of fact, I'm getting used to it. A week has passed by without us noticing. I miss my mom though."

 

 

 

"Time seems to be running fast when we're so busy trying to be awesome." Hayi said and Lena chuckled. Hayi glanced at the other girl. "What happened to your dad?"

 

 

 

"Oh, that." Hayi noticed that Lena's expression changed. "My mom said he's gone."

 

 

 

"Gone missing or gone…" Hayi slashed her thumb over her neck to get her meaning across. Lena sighed. 

 

 

 

"Sorry, you don't have to answer that!" Hayi quickly wanted to mend the mood that she started. "I'll keep my mouth shut!"

 

 

 

"No, its not that." Lena placed a hand on Hayi's shoulder. "Whenever I ask my mom about dad, she turns sad so I just don't ask anymore. I don't really know what happened to him."

 

 

 

"What about pictures?"

 

 

 

"None. All we have are old photos of mom with her friends."

 

 

 

"Maybe a kangaroo also delivered you at your mom's doorstep!" Lena laughed.

 

 

 

"Are there kangaroos in Korea?"

 

 

 

"My dad insisted there was one on our backyard the other day."

 

 

 

"Do you live in a zoo?" Lena looked at Hayi and they both laughed, feeling that natural bond between them. 

 

 

 

After she got over her laughter, Lena spoke again. "No, it was a stork!"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter