xxxxxXXXXIxxxxx

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hi!

 

Sorry, took a long time. I'm using a desktop and I'm still trying to get the hang of it again. No wifi wherever I am right now.

 

Here's something to keep you company while waiting for CRUSH. We're all excited.

 

Anyway, have fun reading! Drop comments below, all right? It sure helps me think. Who knows, you might change the course of this story. 

 

Lotsa love from me - Rui

 

by izza

 

 

 

 

Lena and Bobby ran fast with all their might, but somehow the press people were catching up to them. What power did they have agaianst motorbikes? They turned around the corner but found a dead end that they had to pass through the back door of a candy shop and got shouted at by the owner. This created some distance from the people running after them. Bobby didn’t slow down. Lena had to keep up with him.

 

When they turned to hide at a narrow alleyway, Bobby didn’t notice that the ground was lower than the street they came from so he suddenly lost his balance.

 

“Bobby!” Lena exclaimed when Bobby fell on the ground. “Hey, are you all right?” She asked after she crouched in front of him .

 

“I am. Lena, we have to keep running.” Bobby hauls himself up and listens at the sound of roaring engines. “Quick, we have to hide!” Bobby grabs her hand once again but screams in pain when he starts moving his foot.

 

“Bobby!” Lena placed his arm over her shoulder to help him stand.

 

“Let’s hide over there!” He says while grimacing.

 

“But you’re hurt!”

 

“Just go, Lena. I can walk on my other leg.”

 

Lena managed to get them to the next block and hide behind a trash bin. They both held their breath when some people with cameras passed by the street. A motorcycle stopped close to where they were.

 

“Where are they?” The guy at the back of the driver asked. “I saw them along this street!”

 

“They’re kids, they run fast. Let’s just follow this street. For sure they will be heading home. We’ll get an extra scoop if we find out where Kwon Jiyong lives.” 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Hanbin and Hayi run the opposite way from her twin. Because of Hanbin’s long legs, Hayi had to keep up as well. Her wounds still hurt with the force she’s exerting on her bruised knees, and her sore elbows hit some obstructions on the way, as they passed through the busy street towards the Han River.

 

“I can’t…” Hayi stops, panting. “We have to stop.”

 

“Hayi, we’ve almost lost them. We need a place to hide.”

 

“I can’t anymore, Oppa.” Hayi wipes away her tears. She feels tired and her body is still aching, plus the wounds on her knees and elbows haven’t healed yet. “Just roll me over.”

 

“Are you trying to be funny?”

 

“I am actually being serious. I can walk but please lets not run anymore.”

 

Hanbin sees a group of reporters come from a block away from them. He turns to his other side and sees more. He  takes out two snapbacks from his bag and puts one on Hayi and one on his head. He takes off his hoodie and wears a bright orange jacket instead. He hands a yellow one to Hayi.

 

"Wear this over your hoodie." Hayi quickly does as he says. "Its hot but still." Hayi could just nod.

 

“Take my hand.” Hanbin says.

 

"What?" Hayi asked holding her hands close to her. Hanbin grabbed her right wrist and walked without saying anything.

 

“Oppa, they can see me.” Hayi pulls her cap down.

 

“They are probably looking for a girl in a black hoodie. And talk normally. Just act normal. Come on, let’s walk slowly.”

 

“Great idea! For a minute I thought you were gonna volunteer to carry me.”

 

“After all the ramyun you ate? You are probably heavy and you will slow me down.” He teased and Hayi hit his arm. They walked calmly towards the direction of the Han River, the couples walking along were masking them.

 

 

 

 

“You sprained your ankle. Bobby we have to stop.”

 

“Lena, we can’t risk it. I need to get you home.”

 

“I’ll call Appa! He can come for us!” Lena fishes her phone from her pocket then cursed when its out of battery. “! Seriously?”

 

“What?”

 

“Its dead.” Lena says then her eyes widen when a guy with a helmet stops his motorbike behind Bobby.

 

“They found us?” Bobby whispered and Lena slowly nodded but just then, the guy takes his helmet off and Lena lets out a relieved breath.

 

“Put this on and get behind me. You too, Bobby!” Mino said and Lena guides Bobby towards the bike. Mino noticed Bobby limping. “What happened?”

 

“In our hurry, Bobby tripped.” Lena said and she noticed Bobby flush in embarrassment.

 

“Hurry, I have to get you home and take care of Bobby’s foot.” Mino said.

 

“Hyung, stay on the alleys or you might get caught by the police.” There were only 2 helmets and Mino gave it to the two, leaving him without one.

 

“That’s the plan!” Mino grins at both of them. “Hold tight!” He adds. 

 

“Wait…” Lena turned back to Bobby. “Put your hands on my waist or you’ll fall off.”

 

“What?” Bobby asked, shocked.

 

“Bobby, hurry up and I’ll be really fast.” Mino said.

 

“Araso…” Bobby did as he was told but Lena could still feel him hesitate so she grabbed his arms and wrapped it around her waist.

 

“Mino-oppa, lets go.” Lena tells Mino and he nods before riding off.

 

 

 


“Oppa, I think we lost them.” Hayi says, letting go of Hanbin’s hand. They have walked a far distance from where they started. There was also no one suspicious around them anymore. “Its getting dark, I have to go home.” She gets her phone from her pocket. “Really? Is this the perfect time to have no battery?” Hayi murmured to herself.

 

“I have 1 bar left.” Hanbin says after checking his phone. “Call your dad.”

 

“Thanks!” Hayi says and keys in her dad’s number after Hanbin hands her the phone.

 

“Appa, its Hayi! … I’m all right. I’m by the Han River. …  No, I think we lost them. … I’ll wait for you by The Palace, we can hide there. Ne, I’ll see you. Love you!”

 

Hayi ends the call. A message pops out of Hanbin’s phone and she didn’t mean to read it before handing it back to Hanbin. “He’s coming. Sorry, Han Byul sent a message for you.”

 

“O, araso…” Hanbin says then looks at his phone and types back a reply. Hayi noticed that he was smiling and had a tender look in his eyes. She looked away to hide her annoyance.

 

“Oppa, The Palace is just across from here. I can wait for my dad there.”

 

“O, Bobby’s place. Come, I’ll wait with you.” Hanbin says then walks with Hayi.

 

 

 

 

 

Mino had nowhere to go but the highway. He really had no other choice. There were no detours to the Kwon’s place.

 

As soon as he reaches the highway though, two patrol men rides on each of his side. Mino turned to them but one of them signaled him to keep his eye front and on the road. Mino gave them the “ok” sign and the policeman gave him a salute.

 

“Are we in trouble?” Lena asks.

 

“I hope not but they want us to follow them.” Mino answered.

 

“Mino-oppa, what if they are leading us to the police station because you don’t have a helmet on?”

 

“That’s good then. You can call your Appa from there.” Mino tried to stay calm.

 

“I’m sorry. You shouldn’t be in this mess.”

 

“I like getting into these mess with you. Don’t worry.” Mino smiled. “Hey, look. We passed by the station.” Lena looked to her right and smiled.

 

“That’s a relief.” Lena said. “Where do you think are they leading us?”

 

“I have a feeling they’re leading us to your home.”

 

 

 

 

The Palace, Lobby

 

“You’ve been here before?” Hanbin asks Hayi and she nods. “Why?”

 

“Lena asked for the cake recipe from Bobby oppa's aunt.”

 

“Oh…I love cakes too.” Hanbin says. It seemed awkward with Hayi now.

 

“Oppa, gwenchahnah. I don’t think those media people will find me here. You should go. It seems Han Byul is waiting for you.”

 

“She will wait for me, don’t worry. I’ll just get her something sweet before I go home.”

 

“Lena?” A woman calls out and Hayi turns. She smiles at Bobby’s aunt. “O, Hanbin’s here too. Are you waiting for Bobby? He’s not home, I’m afraid. I was just about to go out.”

 

“O, I’m Hayi, Imo and ani, we’re just waiting for my dad. He’s fetching me here.” Hayi tells her and they all turned forward when they hear a honk of horn. “That’s him!” Hayi says and immediately runs towards the car with Hanbin following close behind. She turns back to wave goodbye before going in and immediately, Jiyong hugs her. He was on the backseat while Daesung was driving the car.

 

“You weren’t hurt, were you?” Jiyong checked on his daughter and when she shook her head, he gathered Hayi in his embrace. “I was so worried, baby! I’m sorry!”

 

“I’m all right, Appa! But we lost Lena…”

 

“Lena’s on her way home. A policeman told me. She’s with Mino.” Jiyong tells her. “Who were you waving to?”

 

“O, Bobby’s aunt! Bobby-oppa lives here. How’s Oma, Appa?”

 

“She will be all right once she sees you and Lena. Hanbin, would it be all right if we take you home later? Hayi really needs to see her mom first.”

 

“Its all right…Sir.” Hanbin didn’t really know what to call him yet and he could sense that somehow, he was an unwelcomed presence.  But then, Jiyong smiled warmly at him then turned to Hayi.

 

“I’m really happy you’re all right, Hayi.”

 

“I knew you would come for us, Appa.” Jiyong kisses her head.

 

“Always, baby.” Jiyong says, wrapping his arms around his daughter, keeping her close.

 

 

 

 

The gates opened to the Kwon Residence and a motorcycle, escorted by 2 policemen, enters followed by Jiyong’s car. The twins hug each other then they ran inside to their mom who was crying when she saw them.

 

“I was so worried!” Dara says as she hugs the girls to her. “You must have been so scared.”

 

“We were at first but they helped us escape, Oma.” Lena said then everyone turned to Hanbin, Bobby and Mino. The two guys were helping Bobby stand up. “Oma, Bobby injured his foot when we were running away. He’s hurt.”

 

“I’ll take care of it.” Chaerin volunteers. “You boys, better sit over here.” She gestures to the couch.

 

“I’ll go get the first aid kit.” Dara says then she turns to the twins. “Stay with them first, araso?” The twins nodded and Dara goes upstairs.

 

Jiyong and Top were talking to the policemen while Minzy helped Chaerin check on Bobby’s foot. Dara comes back and puts the kit beside Chae. She sits with her twins again, holding them close to her.

 

“You must all be hungry. Nana prepared your favorites.” Dara tells them.

 

“Ne, I’m hungry again.” Hayi says then she remembered what Hanbin just told her earlier about the ramyun. “I’m not heavy am I, Oma?”

 

“Ani, you’re not.” Dara says. “If you don’t believe me, you can ask Uncle Tabi who always carries you around.” Hayi laughs and nods.

 

“Food is ready!” Nana calls out.

 

“Boys, you should join us. Eat before going home.” Dara tells them and the 3 boys thanked her. "Its the least we could do after you helped Lena and Hayi."

 

Jiyong and Top returns after the police has left.

 

“I asked them to add security to the village and make sure no press people gets in. They assured me they will talk to the guards at the gate.” Jiyong says, walking to his family. “I was so scared for you both.”

 

“We’re all right, Appa.” Hayi tells him.

 

“Still, I want you to be careful. I’ll call your school tomorrow and tell them you’re not going.”

 

“Appa, its our exams.” Lena said. “We can’t skip school.”

 

“We will think of a way.” Dara told them. “You can’t go out tomorrow or at least until we have thought of a solution for this.”

 

After having dinner, Jiyong and Dara's friends volunteered to take the boys home. The girls said their thanks and even their parents were much nicer to their friends now.

 

Jiyong and Dara went with the twins up to their room and even slept beside them again. Though the dreaded feeling of what tomorrow will bring hung over them, that night, Jiyong and Dara were just happy that their children were safe and back with them.

 


 

 

 

 

In a vacant parking lot, Yoojin stands alone, waiting for someone. She left the hotel after Jinu had called to set an appointment with Bom’s sister. Jinu wanted to ask her about Bom's death. She was overseas for a performance and was set to arrive the day after tomorrow.

 

However, instead of going straight home, Yoojin had somewhere else important to go.

 

 

Earlier that day


After talking with Daesung, Haru studies the files she has, again and again, to try to piece everything together. She promised Daesung that she wouldn’t tell anyone about what he has told her, especially the part about Bom. She didn’t want to take chances. She couldn’t even tell Yoojin. The trust given to her, somehow, meant so much to Haru.

 

First place she visited was Teddy’s grave. She even brought flowers to him and was surprised that someone had been there to visit, since a candle has just been lit and fresh white roses were laid upon his tombstone. She looked around, maybe the visitor hasn’t left yet but found no one. She was alone.

 

Next place she went to visit was Twosome. Dara and Top weren’t at work today and she didn’t want to appear suspicious, so she didn’t go inside. Her true purpose was outside the place, anyway. She got Dara’s photo and tried to reenact where it was taken. She followed the angle of the photo, trying to find out where the one who took it was. Surely, it was from a higher place. She figured it would be from a building.

 

There was a bakeshop, a clothing store and a restaurant right across Twosome. The vantage point could have been any of the 3 and she went to each, going up the top floors to check. She took pictures with the same angle however, it wasn’t quite the same as the original photo of Dara.

 

Haru walked to the next block and found an old apartment building. She went in to inquire and lied about wanting to rent a unit.

 

“I want the top floor. Is it available?” Haru asked.

 

“Ne, the tenant just moved out.” The owner said.

 

“Did the tenant stay here for long?”

 

“Oh no, he was here for just 4 months. The place was kept as it was. He hasn’t moved out all of his things but he promised to collect everything within this month.”

 

“Is it all right if I have a look over? I need to acclimatize with the place.” Haru asked, already walking around and looking at the place. The owner just watched her from the door. “Can you tell me more about the previous tenant? I’m just making sure there are no dead bodies inside.” Haru said with a smile and the owner chuckled.

 

“He was really nice, don’t worry about dead bodies. I can’t give out information about him though. Company policy. But you may look around.” The owner said and even left Haru at the top floor.

 

Once she was alone, she took out her camera and went to the window, facing Twosome. It was the perfect place. Haru even got the right angle and took her own photo.

 

“This was the place where the person who took these photos was.” Haru thought. “The owner said it was a “he”…a male used to rent this place.”

 

“Could it be Teddy?” She breathed out but just then, a white cloth was clamped over her nose and mouth. Haru tried to fight but the other person was strong and in a few seconds, she was unconscious.

 

YGE Building

 

Yoojin went to the restroom after Jiyong left to look for his twins. She just finished putting on her lipgloss when her phone started ringing. The call was from Haru and she answered immediately.

 

“Yoboseyo, Haru!” Yoojin said over the phone.

 

“Hello, princess.” A cold male voice that she didn’t recognize said.

 

“Who is this? Why do you have Haru’s phone?”

 

“Oh, your curious friend’s name is Haru. Don’t worry, she’s in dreamland right now. However, I can put her to sleep forever if you don’t do as I tell you.”

 

“Who are you?!?!” Yoojin asked in panic.

 

“Really, I just threatened your friend’s life and you dare demand something from me? That’s not the right attitude, Yang Yoojin.”

 

“What do you want?” Yoojin fisted her hand over the sink and tried to ask calmly. Somehow, she knew that the guy was serious about putting Haru to sleep forever. Where was her friend and how did she end up wherever she was?

 

“That’s better.” The guy said. “I know you are meddling in things that you shouldn’t really be meddling in. I checked your friend’s messages to you and so I know the two of you are treading on dangerous grounds. However, I’m not someone who deals with naive teenagers who really shouldn’t be involved in all these mess.”

 

Yoojin continued to listen but her heart and brain was working on overdrive. She wanted to go out and alert anyone about what was happening. She was dead scared for Haru as well.

 

“I know what you’re thinking. Surely, involving the authorities will only make matters worse. Do you really want to test just what I can do to you? What will you do if I take my claim on YGE again?”

 

“Teddy…”

 

“Will you cooperate with me, Yoojin?” Yoojin’s whole body shivered at the sharp reprimand evident on his voice when she said his name. She was really scared now.

 

“I’m listening.”

 

“Here’s what you’re gonna say to Jinu.” The guy on the phone began to explain to Yoojin what he wanted to happen and Yoojin took note of everything. Despite all the revelations she was hearing, she tried to keep calm.

 

“At midnight tonight, we will meet at the designated place I will send you after you have talked with Jinu. Its pretty open and if I see any police or anyone else besides yourself, I’ll make you witness the murder of Lee Haru. Are we clear on that?”

 

“You promised you wouldn’t do anything to Haru!”

 

“If you keep your promise to do everything I tell you then, I would keep my promise as well. Now be a good girl and go to Jinu but keep your phone on. Keep it in your jacket pocket, on your left and put it on silent mode.”

 

“You can see me?” Yoojin asked, looking around the restroom.

 

“Of course I can. After all, I am dead and I’m just roaming around the land of the living.” The guy said. “Psy is waiting for you. Go now and do as I say. I will even reward you if you do good.”
End of flashback

 

The whole time she was in the hotel room with Jinu and Psy, her palms were sweating, no matter how cold it was. Even now, as she stood here waiting, she felt like she was going to have a heart attack. Its a good thing Jinu and Psy didn’t ask her how she knew all these information she’s been blurting out or else, she wouldn’t be able to make an impromptu lie. She was sure they would find out what was going on. Hell, a part of her wanted them to! However, Yoojin couldn’t risk Haru’s life. She was the reason Haru was in this mess in the first place.

 

A black SUV arrives and stops just in front of her, its headlights blinding Yoojin. A guy alights from the car, his face covered, except his eyes. The guy was dressed like that big photo of Teddy from their studios in YGE, with a big bandana over his mouth and black cap.

 

“Where is my friend?” Yoojin says.

 

“Good job, Yang Yoojin. I sure hope you kept to your side of the bargain.” He says.

 

“You heard it over the phone! I told them exactly what you told me to say!”

 

The guy signals someone from inside the car and the door opens. A girl with a gag around and her hands tied behind her is dragged forward and pushed towards Yoojin.

 

“Haru…” Yoojin kneels beside her then glare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter