xxxxxXXIXxxxxx

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You wanna know what Rui thinks when she’s reading this story? Let me share my own comments on YG Trapped after the last chapter…

 

“Who has a grudge against Dara?”

 

“Who is TaeHyun’s father?”

 

“How will Lena take her first heartbreak?”

 

“Rui, can you stop tiring out my brain cells and just make this simple?!?!?!”

 

 

Yup, that’s me talking to myself. If you get overwhelmed, I cannot begin to express how much more, I am. I need a refill of happy thoughts. The banners are a great help.

 

 

I won’t add more to your stress though. I wish I could make you smile in this chapter. ^_~ I hope this one will be lighter than the rest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It has been 5 days since the premier and the movie was a hit. Dara was always on the news but this time, she was being praised and only good words were being thrown at her. Those controversies about her candid shots weren’t even noticed and the public brushed it off as a case of mistaken identity. Dara went to the studio everyday after seeing her twins to school and bathing TaeHyun. The boy refused to anything Nana did and he wanted his “Oma’s” attention. TaeHyun had taken so much liking to Dara.

 

 

 

Jiyong was at a dead end now when it came to finding TaeHyun’s true father. The lawyers all said that the documents were valid. The company where Nam Jisun worked said that they didn’t know of the woman’s transactions. She could have made a deal without their knowledge. Jiyong’s only hope now was the DNA test and though he followed up, the doctor said it was still being processed. His thoughts would only calm down if he saw Dara so he decided to leave YG building to go to her.

 

 

 

“Hi!” He waved at her as he entered the conference room.

 

 

 

“Ji! What are you doing here?” She asked. The other occupants of the room stood up to greet him. “You know Kim Hyun Joong, ne?”

 

 

 

“Of course.” Jiyong said and shook hands with the former idol actor.

 

 

 

“What brings you here, Jiyong?” Top asked.

 

 

 

“I was getting bored in the studio.”

 

 

 

“Wow, I never thought I’d hear you say that.” Hyun Joong said. “I still look forward to your work, Jiyong.”

 

 

 

“Thanks, Hyun Joong-shi.” He said with a smile. “Are you guys busy?”

 

 

 

“Ani, sit with me. We were just going through our next project. We’re just about to get started. Top suggested we go with a trial short film. The details are here.” Jiyong sat next to her and she pushed a folder to him. Jiyong skimmed through the paper which summarized the story. “Since our goal here is to give idol actors more playing field, we wanted to start with the guy who was a former leader of the Hallyu wave.” Jiyong looked at her, Top and then Hyun Joong. Of course, he was aware of the latter’s current state in the entertainment world. Kim Hyun Joong was a nobody these days. He was quite worried for Dara and Top.

 

 

 

“I told them this might not be a good idea.” Hyun Joong said, as if reading Jiyong’s thoughts. Jiyong sensed his discomfort now.

 

 

 

“It wouldn’t hurt to try.” Top told his friend.

 

 

 

“I appreciate your faith in me, Top but things aren’t the same. The film industry has completely changed and I’m scared I’ll drag you down instead of you pulling me back up.”

 

 

 

“I think its your performance, your acting that is important instead of the scandal that was connected to your name.” Top spoke. “Hyun Joong-shi, this role is totally made for you.”

 

 

 

“I agree with Top.” Dara added. “Its about how a simple boy who hated his life tried to find a place where he belongs.”

 

 

 

“I’m really sorry, Dara.” Hyun Joong said. “I know what you’re trying to do. I didn’t get in touch with Top just so I can star on films again. I wanted our company to work with you. I can help with the funds, even offer my own account or perhaps recommend some artists under our company. I am not an actor anymore and I also don’t want to appear like I’m trying too hard and more importantly, I don’t want to look desperate in front of the public.”

 

 

 

“Sounds like you’ve given up already.” Jiyong said, leaning on his chair, looking cocky, challenging the other guy. He has read the short story synopsis and understood. For some reason, he also felt that the role would fit Kim Hyun Joong best.

 

 

 

“What do you know about my life? You are always on top, Jiyong.”

 

 

 

“Have you read the script?” Top asked Hyun Joong and he nodded.

 

 

 

“Of course, I did. I read it at once after you sent it. Look, I appreciate it, really, but I only came here to tell you I can’t accept the part but I’d like to help in other ways. I do not wish to be on the screen, no more than you do. I will bring back the glory of our company in any way possible but to risk the very little pride I have left, I don’t think I can willingly give it.” Hyun Joong stood up. “I’m really sorry, but I can’t do what you are asking of me right now.” He bowed and walked to the door.

 

 

 

“Why are you so scared, Hyun Joong-shi?” Jiyong asked just as Hyun Joong reached the door. “You will risk the thing you love most for your pride?” Dara held Jiyong’s forearm to stop him from provoking the other guy. Jiyong winked at Dara. Jiyong was about to stand up but stopped when he saw Top already walking towards the door. He had a folder on hand.

 

 

 

“You know why I picked you for the role, Hyung?” Top said as he stood in front of Hyun Joong, looking straight into his friend’s eyes. “Because I remember the boy I met when you, Jaejoong-hyung and I were merely nobodies in this business. Instead of thinking that this is some sort of cry for help, why don’t you try to remember just how you started, because right now, it seems that you have forgotten.”

 

 

 

Hyun Joong knew Top had a point. The moment he looked away, Top knew he struck a cord and that he was almost winning. He got Hyun Joong’s hand and placed the folder on it. “We can go through this again next month, when the cast comes in for the line reading. The casting director will be there. He will have the final say if you get the role or not. I merely am, suggesting and my gut says, this role is yours.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That was quite heavy for a start.” Jiyong said as the 3 of them sat on the new couch on the 2nd floor lounge. More furnitures were being brought in as the studio was being completed. “Hyun Joong-hyung is perfect for the role.”

 

 

 

“That’s not entirely all we have to work on. We got promotional videos to do for YGE.” Dara told him. “Sajangnim immediately came to us Monday morning with folders about the comebacks of YG’s artists.”

 

 

 

“Chinja?”

 

 

 

“Ne, he also had recommendations for our new staff.” Top said. “I got a table full of credentials plus, those people that other directors have also recommended. By next week, we should be fully operational if we get to hire enough people.”

 

 

 

“It is easy to hire people, but it is hard to trust just about anyone.” Jiyong warned them.

 

 

 

“True, that’s why I hired a private investigator to do a background check.” Dara told him confidently.

 

 

 

“I could have recommended my own.” Jiyong told her.

 

 

 

“Who said I wasn’t talking about him?” Dara smirked at him. “Tabi also has 1. We need 50 people checked before hiring them all by next week.

 

 

 

“How did you contact him?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

 

“Oh that, I asked your manager to give me the number. I also spoke to him about the photo that the media took of me and the YG family photo at the premier.” Dara kissed his cheek. “He told me you had it all tracked down. Thanks, Jiyong. I feel relieved that he’s got his hands on the real copies.”

 

 

 

“I was supposed to meet with him this afternoon. Has he retrieved all the photos outside the tent?” Jiyong asked her and Dara nodded. “Good.”

 

 

 

“They asked for a high prize though.” Dara said.

 

 

 

“What for?”

 

 

 

“They have a clear shot of you, Ji.” Dara said just then her phone starts to ring. “I have to take this. Its Chae.” Dara excused herself and walked near the window.

 

 

 

“It seems the media is still scared of you, Jiyong, so they dared not reveal your photo. I’m sure they would have called you and asked for permission before they do. After all, you can cost them their work.” Top told his friend, upon noticing that Jiyong has grown quiet.

 

 

 

“They can all be damned if they write a scandal about me and Dara. They won’t get anything from me. I got nothing to lose, no career to protect. I just want to keep my family. Truthfully, I’m even more scared of our photo with the YG family. The twins can’t be exposed just yet. They wouldn’t be able to live normal lives and enjoy their childhood once people know about them.” Jiyong told him.

 

 

 

“So that’s why you were so bold at the premier?” Top raised a brow at Jiyong. “You want to reveal it.”

 

 

 

“That, and I’m quite getting sick of your name getting associated with MY Dara, Hyung!” Jiyong scoffed at Top who just smirked at his friend. “Hyung…”

 

 

 

“Hmm?”

 

 

 

“At the premier, don’t you think its suspicious that they only wrote about Dara? You said it yourself, I was bold enough.”

 

 

 

“What are you trying to say?”

 

 

 

“Shouldn’t they be speculating about our relationship after I showed up at the premier? I have a bad feeling about all this. Those photos of Dara outside the tent. They also could have easily taken a shot of me.”

 

 

 

“Like I said, they could still be scared of you.”

 

 

 

“What for? Hyung, i think there’s more to this.”

 

 

 

“Jiyong, who could be after Dara? One of your previous girlfriends, perhaps? Shouldn’t they be after your head instead? I don’t recall any bad blood between her and other people. Perhaps, the press just loves Dara now more than others, even you. She’s also a darling to the crowd. This could actually help our promotions. Don’t think too much on it.”

 

 

 

“Maybe I am thinking too much.” Jiyong said, looking at Dara while she laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Hayi asked Lena when she found her twin inside one of the music rooms in school. Lena was playing the piano and smiled at her sister. Hayi sat beside her. “I know this song.”

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter