xxxxxXXXXxxxxx

YG TRAPPED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

Happy thoughts...Happy thoughts...

 

 

Some of you may have guessed it right and I can't wait to reveal who's behind all of this. I sure hope I still shock you to the core! I wrote this chapter like a movie unfolding in my brain so be careful. Confusing yes, but when everything unfolds soon, I hope I make you smile.

 

 

 

Happy reading! ^_^ Oh, and thanks for my lovely banner! ^____^

 

 

Lotsa love from me - Rui

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the Kwons: Monday 6:00pm

 

 

 

“Where are my children?!?!” Dara shouted across the room.

 

 

 

Minzy and Chaerin were trying to calm her down.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, Ma’am but we couldn’t track down their phones on GPS. If you have contacts of her friends, maybe you could give us their numbers.” A policeman spoke. Two of them were sent by Jiyong to help however, they were unsuccessful on their first attempt. It was also a way for Jiyong to keep Dara be and feel secure but that seems to be backfiring.

 

 

 

“If I had something, I would have given it to you!” She bit back then turned to the television. A reporter was talking about Hayi and Lena’s resemblance to Jiyong. “How the hell did they find out?” Dara asked.

 

 

 

“Dara-unnie, please calm down…” Minzy said. “You can’t be upset.”

 

 

 

“This is my fault…”

 

 

 

“Unnie, please don’t…”

 

 

 

“Minzy, we really shouldn’t have…”

 

 

 

“No, Dara-unnie, its about time the world knows about you and Jiyong oppa.” Chaerin said. “Maybe even about Lena and Hayi.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two days ago…

 

 

YGE Building: Saturday 8:00am

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was walking the hallway towards Yang Hyun Suk’s office. Today was a happy day. Dara even chose the clothes he would wear. Last night, surely he was celebrating and he was happy with Dara. Kwon Jiyong owns YGE now. It felt surreal. However, as he was nearing the door to the President’s office, he felt pressured and he honestly don’t know what he actually needed to do. It now seems too overwhelming for him.

 

 

 

Dara reminded him over and over again that this will only be short lived. That it was temporary. She reminded him of his purpose and that he should just help out Yang Hyun Suk, the founder and former owner of YG Entertainment.  Who was he kidding? Yang Hyun Suk will always be the father and owner of YGE. Even to him. 

 

 

 

Before they slept last night, Dara told him what was really in her heart.

 

 

 

Flashback

“Ji, you know I’m happy for you, ne?”

 

 

 

“Neh…” He kissed her brow. “And I thank you for that.”

 

 

 

“But I’m scared as well. I feel like I’m going to miss you.”

 

 

 

“I’m not going anywhere, Dara. I’ll be here with you and the kids.”

 

 

 

“Remember?” Dara looked up at him. “You told me the same thing when I was pregnant with the twins. You know what happened after that?”

End of Flashback

 

 

 

How could he forget? Here he goes again being impulsive and forgetting that he doesn’t live for himself anymore. He has a family now.

 

 

 

He is complete with Dara, Lena, Hayi and their new baby. He shouldn’t be asking for more. That was how he lost everything he had before, in the first place.

 

 

 

This was his second chance. Not everyone gets it but for some reason, because maybe he had saved a country in a past life, he had a second chance with his wife, Dara.

 

 

 

I cannot screw this up. He thought and with a deep sigh, he placed his hands on the knob and knocked before opening the door.

 

 

 

Yang Hyun Suk was there, sitting on the couch, with a cup in his hand. He had a relaxed smile directed to Jiyong.

 

 

 

“Ah, Jiyong, ready to take over?” He asks.

 

 

 

“Actually Hyung…” He hesitates for a while then closes the door. “I wanted us to talk about some things first.”

 

 

 

“Sure, I’m all ears. Do you know that last night, was the calmest and deepest sleep I have had in my entire life since I started this business? I was so relieved when I heard of the news.”

 

 

 

“Hyung, this will only be temporary though. I agreed to this just to help out but once you get your money back, you will buy the company back from me.”

 

 

 

“You really believe I will be able to raise billions of dollars before I die, Jiyong? Your whole career’s money was a product of years of hard work. But if it will lessen the weight of the responsibility you now bear, then okay, I’ll let you think that I will buy back the company.”

 

 

 

“I have no intentions of replacing you, Hyung.” Jiyong said with sincerity. “No one can lead the company like you do. Yang Hyun Suk will always be the owner and President of YGE, just as Soo Man is of SM even though he has hired CEOs to work for him. I assure you, this will all be just temporary. I am here to just help you.”

 

 

 

Yang Hyun Suk was a bit taken aback. Surely, he expected a happy Kwon Jiyong. Surely, it was an honor to be President of YGE, right? 

 

 

Did he really not want it or is he just trying not to hurt my feelings? He thought and regarded the younger guy in his passive gaze before asking.

 

 

“Can you tell me the real reason why you don’t want this to be permanent, Ji?”

 

 

 

“Its really simple, Hyung. I have Dara and my twins. Soon, there will be another addition to my family. I cannot prioritize anything over them. All these things, who wouldn’t want this? Frankly, at first, I felt really happy, excited and honored even, but I was reminded of the last time I became greedy. The last time I was too caught up in fame and power, I lost the most important person in my life.” Jiyong looked at Yang Hyun Suk with earnest eyes. “I am here to help you in any way I can but I will surrender the company back once you have the money again. I cannot screw up, Hyung. Being President of YGE is a great honor however, it also entails a lot of sacrifice.”

 

 

 

Yang Hyun Suk knew that Jiyong made perfect sense. He understood why Jiyong was hesitant now and he couldn’t even blame the guy.

 

 

 

“I cannot sacrifice my family again, Hyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At a Cafe: Saturday 10am

 

 

 

“Thank you for buying me some time, Samchon Jinu.” Yoojin said as Jinu joins her table. They were also served two cups of coffee. The small cafe was cozy and not a lot of people came at this time.

 

 

 

“The person we have to thank is Jiyong and Top. If not for them, I don’t know where we’ll get the money. Teddy had raised the stakes on YGE so high.” Yoojin smiled. “Why are you smiling?”

 

 

 

“I actually have to thank Samchon Teddy that he did that. Big companies now see YGE as a great prospect. Future plans for a merger with CJes shouldn’t be a problem and our plans to expand into other fields can be done after I pay off our debts. Samchon Jinu, I can even get rid of the board of directors!”

 

 

 

“Let’s not be too excited about the future until we have the money, Yoojin. For now, we have to concentrate on finding Teddy.”

 

 

 

“Has he made any move?” Yoojin asked. Jinu drank from his cup before answering her. She already knew though, judging from the way he was acting.

 

 

 

“He hasn’t taken the bait yet. We wired every bank, to get to see who’s bringing in his cheques.”

 

 

 

“What if he deposits on line?”

 

 

 

“We got that one covered now too. So far, there was no activity. Jiyong remains to be the owner.”

 

 

 

“Then could he have known that this was a bait?”

 

 

 

“If he did, then either you, me, Psy hyung, Seungri, Top or even Jiyong is helping him. But I don’t think that’s possible because we were all shocked that he is alive, so that’s too farfetched.”

 

 

 

“Maybe he run out of money?” Yoojin asked and Jinu shrugged.

 

 

 

“Maybe but we’re not putting our guard down. Somehow, I have the feeling that he’s going to buy it back and perhaps, he’ll make sure, we won’t be able to steal it again so easily.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Music Bank Saturday 3:00pm

 

 

 

“Haru!” Haru turned at the sound of her name and she smiled upon seeing her friend. They were backstage, waiting for their artist’s turn to perform.

 

 

 

“You’re back! I was actually waiting for your call!” Haru and Yoojin hugged each other. Seungyoon was on stage preparing.

 

 

 

“His comeback stage is today?” Yoojin asks Haru and the latter nods. “How are the trainees?”

 

 

 

“Nervous as hell.” Haru says. “You know what, last night, after his music video has been released on line, it was amazing to see how many hits we got!”

 

 

 

“Really?”

 

 

 

“Ne, and tonight, his full album is gonna be out. I just have a feeling this is going to be amazing! At the end of this month, imagine when he performs with Christian, Harang, Jordan and Yoonwo! Its already being anticipated by the fans! I can already hear fangirls screaming!”

 

 

 

“I sure hope you’re right, Haru. And yes, there are fangirls screaming right now, literally.” They both look at the audience area then Haru turns to Yoojin.

 

 

 

“Yoojin-ie! Let’s be optimistic about this, araso?”

 

 

 

“Optimistic, got you!” Yoojin smiled at her friend and they stopped to watch when Seungyoon began strumming his guitar. “By the way, that intro video was amazing!”

 

 

 

“I know, right? Imo Dara is really the bomb, you know! I heard she did it for free too.”

 

 

 

“She’s also doing the other videos…”

 

 

 

“For the whole YG family, she is.”

 

 

 

“Its amazing how she can do this even when she’s in the middle of a scandal right now.”

 

 

 

“All the more reason why we all want to protect her and her family.” Haru looks at Yoojin. “Do you want us to talk about this now?”

 

 

 

“After the performance. Let’s pretend everything’s sunshine and daisies for a few minutes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One day ago…

 

 

Kwon House: Sunday 3:00pm

 

 

 

The 5 friends gathered in Jiyong’s house while the ladies went out to shop.

 

 

 

“I can’t believe you…” Seungri said as Jiyong stood before his friends inside his home. “You really turned down his offer?”

 

 

 

“Yes, I did.”

 

 

 

“I thought you of all people would want to be the next President!” Seungri argued.

 

 

 

“Well, times change, Seungri.” Jiyong just shrugged. “Maybe if you got kids of your own then you’ll understand.”

 

 

 

“So, Yang Hyun Suk still runs the business with your money?” Youngbae asked.

 

 

 

“Basically, yes.” Jiyong answered.

 

 

 

“And he will pay you back by tomorrow.” Daesung added.

 

 

 

“Yes again.” Jiyong smiled at Daesung. “But he doesn’t know that yet. Jinu-hyung assured me that Yoojin has the money to pay me back.”

 

 

 

“It has doubled over night, you know.” Seungri said.

 

 

 

“What?” Jiyong asked and Seungri smiled at him, opening his iPad and showing YGE’s ranking on stocks.

 

 

 

“YGE artists are out with new albums. The first one, Seungyoon, his comeback was yesterday and his album was released at midnight last night and voila! Your company assets just doubled.”

 

 

 

“Are you serious?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

 

“That’s how it works, Jiyong.” Top smirked at him.

 

 

 

“This happens to every movie you release too, Hyung?” Jiyong asked Top.

 

 

 

“Even better.” Top boasted. “It doubles in every state and country the movie gets shown in. The longer a movie stays in a cinema, then the more money we get.”

 

 

 

“Wow!” Jiyong breathes out. “I didn’t really know it worked this way. I never really understood money.”

 

 

 

“Maybe its too early to get back your shares.” Daesung said. “You can always just demand for half and that way, you are gonna get money every time YGE gets money.”

 

 

 

“I don’t think thats…” Everyone could feel him hesitate. Top placed a hand on his shoulder. 

 

 

 

“You don’t have to, Ji.” Top assured him. “Think of your priorities. Money isn’t the end all and be all of things.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday 7:00 pm

 

 

 

Kwon Jiyong steps into an expensive looking restaurant and the maitre d’ leads him to a private area where Yang Hyun Suk, Jinu and a lady he recognized to be CJ E&M CEO, Kathy Kim, were waiting for him. He bows to them and the YG CEO introduces Jiyong formally. There were 2 lawyers present as well, one for YGE and another for CJ E&M.

 

 

 

“Mr. Kwon, it is very reassuring to know that you are a big part of this company. No offense, Hyung Suk-oppa but lately YGE has been very unstable.”

 

 

 

“No offense taken, Kathy. I’m really glad you finally agreed to meet with us. I have been trying to win you over to YGE’s side for so many years now.”

 

 

 

“It has come to my attention that SME and JYP has their own film production management. I mean, look at the recent JYP movies, with his actors even advancing to Hollywood. Let’s not forget what SME has planned to release now. Its began a buzz in the country.” 

 

 

 

Jiyong looked questioningly at her and Yang Hyun Suk.

 

 

 

“Jiyong doesn’t know yet.” Yang Hyun Suk turned to Jiyong. “There’s been talk about the new Drama SME is about to release.”

 

 

 

“Really? So they now have their own production team, then does that mean they’ll stop going after Dara’s company?” The lady chuckled, Yang Hyun Suk smiled and Jinu looked worried.

 

 

 

“It looks like you don’t know then I assume Dara doesn’t know as well?” Hyun Suk asked and Jiyong nodded. “SME has a partnership, not its own production team. He has the equipment though, he doesn’t have the skilled team who can make it work.”

 

 

 

“More importantly, the drama they are about to release, its going to star SME idols.” Jinu informed him.

 

 

 

“You mean…” Jiyong could feel anger bubbling from within him. Idol actors and actresses were taboo that’s why Dara and Top wanted to change that and here comes SME sabotaging their very first project in Korea, by copying it. 

 

 

 

“Well, at least if they use their own talents, then perhaps there’ll be no more lawsuits.” Jiyong said.

 

 

 

“Yes, and by the way, they also plan on releasing it before Dara’s short film.” Jinu added.

 

 

 

“That’s just…”

 

 

 

“For lack of any other word to describe it, its . SME is full of that. We know, Mr. Kwon.” Kathy said. “That’s how I made up my mind about the offer that’s been given to me so many years past.”

 

 

 

Kathy Kim looked at Kwon Jiyong squarely, letting him know that she’s serious and she means business.

 

 

 

“The grapevine in the entertainment industry spreads faster than an epidemic, Mr. Kwon. Even if Hyun Suk oppa hasn’t made it official yet, people already know about you and YGE. So don’t be surprised if people will fight with each other just to get your company’s attention.” She smiled but Jiyong felt really cold. This woman CEO had balls just as big as, perhaps, his former boss and when she means business, she means business. She wants money. She sees YGE as a new source of money.

 

 

 

“And I will be brutally blunt, Jiyong-ah, partly, I’m doing this because I want to get on Dara-shi’s good side. I know that she plans on working independently and I have no qualms with that. She, along with Top, has a big influence on the film industry just from their most recent released movie. Perhaps, it will be easier to approach her this way and I really want to work with Dara, whether as co-producer, or even as an actress. Everyone just loves her.”

 

 

 

“Whatever plans you have, you can talk to it with Dara. She will hear you out, I’m sure.” Jiyong said. “But I don’t think I can influence her decisions.”

 

 

 

“I’m taking the risk.” The lady smiled. “I also only do transactions on Sundays. The fortune teller says its good luck.”

 

 

 

“What transaction?” Jiyong asked puzzled.

 

 

 

“You’ve forgotten what we have talked about last saturday?” Yang Hyun Suk asks Jiyong.

 

 

 

“There were a lot of things we talked about.” Jiyong told him and the former YG CEO sighed. Jiyong felt like a student who hasn’t been paying attention.

 

 

 

“Jiyong, YGE is merging with CJ Entertainment Film Division.” Yang Hyun Suk passed a folder to Jiyong and he opened it, to look at a contract.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Present day: Monday 7:00am

 

 

 

YGE Training Center

 

 

 

Bobby and Hanbin were once again with the other male trainees. It was vacation for them and that meant, training every single day. Instead of feeling down though, the two friends were very excited. 

 

 

 

They were stretching, getting ready for the dance they were about to learn. Both turned when they saw a rather familiar face join them again.

 

 

 

“Weren’t you supposed to be with the other group?” Hanbin asked when Mino walked to them after dropping his duffle on the sides.

 

 

 

“Ani, gwenchahnah. I missed dancing.” He stretch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter