(44) The Morning, literally

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❀JUNG SO MIN❀

The numbness of my body fades away slowly as days pass by. It has been three days since the very first time I opened up my eyes, again. And, I hardly feel the difficulties in dealing with my stiff body since Hyun Joong Oppa and Nanny Oh are always there, next to me, helping me, trying to the max to make me feel comfortable.

 

I am still able to feel the stinging pain in my stomach but nothing is unbearable. Knowing that they put serious attention to the wound, and since I don't want to worry them anymore, I say nothing about it. I tell them that it is ok. It is fine now. Beside, the Doctors and Nurses keep their eyes over me nonstop. They know and explain to them that I am progressing good. The pain will stay until the wound is totally healed.

 

The incident.. I am still able to remember clearly about the incident. And believe me, I am seriously able to make a lucky guess who is behind. But whatever.. I don't what to discuss it anymore. I never brought up the topic. And to my luck, my two beloved people didn't talk about it too. I could tell that Oppa prevented Nanny Oh to discuss the issue.

 

"I can't take it anymore, Nanny Oh." I shove the spoon slowly, showing that I already have enough pudding. My Nanny said that I lost kilos during my sleep and she determined to make me reach my usual weight in no time. As the result, she keeps on feeding me foods at every time possible.

 

She smiles tenderly. "The last one."

 

I shake my head. "I'll end up puking everything out."

 

Nanny Oh giggles and caresses my hairs softly. "Arasso." She finally puts the pudding plate away.

 

Unconsciously, I sigh in relief. And she laughs again, happily, noticing it.  For me, it feels like centuries since the last time I hear this happy laughter of hers. I smile and watch her carefully, eyeing how she looks younger than usual.

 

"So.. what's next? Orange? This one is extremely sweet. It won't bring discomfort to your stomach."

 

I shake my head hurriedly. "No. Please no. I have enough. Seriously enough. No orange. No water. Nothing Nanny Oh." I hold my tummy with one hand, signaling how full I am.

 

"Did Nanny Oh force thousands of food into your little mouth again, baby?"

 

I snap my head up and find Hyun Joong Oppa walks slowly toward us from the door. "Yes, she did." I nod my head shortly then pout.

 

They laugh in unison: Hyun Joong Oppa and Nanny Oh.

 

"Don't feed her too much, Nanny Oh. Slowly.. The Doctors said-"

 

"I know." She cuts him up. "But, I also know that she is ok now." With that she leaves us alone.

 

Hyun Joong Oppa raises one of his brows and grins. He learns fast that sometime Nanny Oh is hard to handle. "Be patient, baby."

 

"Nothing I can't handle, Oppa."

 

"Good." He sits at the edge of my bed and shoves away my hairs from my face. "How do you feel now?"

 

"You asked me that three times already today." I giggle softly. "And, my answer would stay the same. I am all fine thank you very much."

 

He chuckles. "I just want to make sure." Hyun Joong Oppa clears his throat. He looks unsure. "If it is ok with you, I have this meeting to attend. The annual commissioners meeting. Abeoji said that if it was possible-"

 

"Go." I reach for his hands and hold it tight. "Annual commissioners meeting. Yeah.. I think you should go."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

I giggle shortly. "Yes."

 

"I'll call you every fifteen minutes."

 

I unconsciously roll my eyes. "Do you seriously want me to stay awake and talk to you every fifteen minutes? What's the point of attending the meeting then?"

 

"So Min.."

 

"I'll call you whenever I am not sleeping or resting or facing Nanny Oh."

 

He shakes his head.

 

I laugh. So this is the real Kim Hyun Joong. So sweet.. "Alright.. per hour." Before he protests, I dare myself to shield his lips with mine.

 

"You learn fast in stopping me from declining your suggestions, Miss Jung." He says in amusement after we break the kiss. His eyes spark in excitement.

 

I smile shyly. "I just learn from the best." My pointy finger directs to his hard chest.

 

He laughs happily and embraces me tight. "What can I do? I have the most wonderful student I ever imagine. I can't help to show her the very best of me."

 

The very best of you? So.. that's the very best of you? Hm.. I love it. I love the whole package of you.

 

"Seung Hyun will accompany you. You are his priority now."

 

"Is that really necessary?" My body shivers to a realisation that I have a bodyguard, literally.

 

He pushes me backward a little. "He is the best. His team will manage their distances toward you. But Seung Hyun will attach himself as if he is your tatoo."

 

My eyes widen in disbelief. A tatoo? That's kinda scary yet cool. But..

 

"I'll find the greatest woman bodyguard to accompany you." He says. As if he understands clearly the reason of my uneasiness. It is not that I doubt Seung Hyun's abilities.. It is just.. I know he is Bom Unnie's man.. And, I don't want him around me 24/7. "But for now.. take him. I need you safe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter