(18) The Jealousy

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung So Min


I glimpse to my wristwatch. Almost 03:00 PM. We finish the meeting an hour earlier. Good. So I still have enough time to give my final touch for last meeting MOM before I give it to Mr Bae tomorrow early in the morning.

DING!

The elevator doors open and I step out from it, following Mr Bae who already walks in front of me. My eyes catch Bom Unnie who furrows her brows at me and mouths, "We need to talk."

I smile and nod before I resume my walk. Talk? Oh my.. She definitely will ask why did not I show up at the ball. What will I say? What?

"I am expecting someone. Please hold all calls when my guest is already inside." Mr Bae says in sudden.

 

"Eh? Yes, Mr Bae." Again. I catch Gummy Unnie confusion stare over me and I just manage to smile and bow lightly.


"Oh, Yong Hwa, you are here already."

I raise my face and find Yong Hwa-ssi already stands in front of my table and he bows politely to Mr Bae.

"Come!" Mr Bae heads to his office. Before, he walks in, he turns his body and says, "Hold everything."

I nodded. "Yes, Sir."

Mr Bae opens his door and steps in.

Yong Hwa-ssi looks at me and smiles. "Afternoon, Miss Jung. How are you today?"

I smile politely and reply, "I am fine, Yong Hwa-ssi. By the way, please just call me So Min."

He shows his toothy grin. "Alright, So Min-ssi. I believe Mr Bae is expecting me now." He smirks.

I giggle. "Yes, I believe so."

He nods and turns his body to walk toward Mr Bae's office. I smile as I watch him vanish inside Mr Bae's office before I head to my desk and prepare myself to reread the MOM that I made before.

 

Eh, wait.. What is he doing here? Yong Hwa-ssi? Does he want to give Mr Bae the report of me from last night party? Oh shoot! If Mr Bae knows will he talk to Mr Kim? I tap my foot to the floor nervously. What should I do now? What?












In sudden, I exhale a relief breathe. Yong Hwa-ssi did not come to the Ball. He did not know that I was the one who danced with Mr Kim. He surely will only report that I came to the Ball without further information. Yes. I am sure of it. I sighed before smile widely.

 


Kim Hyun Joong

I stare blankly to my laptop screen. No use! This is no use! I cannot concentrate at all! I slam down my laptop then put my face on my palms and rub it lightly.

Oh come on, Hyun Joong! Don't be like a teenager! How could you let a woman screw your mind like that! For the first time in my life.. I basically dance with a woman in public, kiss her and cannot kick her out of my head even for a single ing second!

 

I drop my back to my seat and close my eyes tight. In snap.. Last night memories crawl back to my mind and fill it fully. Her shy gestures, her milky skin, her brown soft eyes, her full lips..


KNOCK! KNOCK!

I sighed. What a timing... I open my eyes. "Proceed."

Sandara walks in with her usual professional smile. "Sir.. Ji Yong-ssi contacted a minute ago." A spark is obvious on her eyes when she says my independent advisor's name. You are so obvious, Sandara. "He asked for additional times."

 

Additional time? I scoff. "Ji Yong is letting me down."


Her brows furrow. "He.." She does not finish her statement.

"Tell him to stop being rapper at de Luna and focus himself more in becoming my independent advisor." I say in annoyance.

Sandara grinned. "Yes, sir. I will tell him right away."

"What is wrong with him and Seung Hyun by the way? They never fail me. But, now.." I hold my tongue. Do not open your mask, Hyun Joong! Do you seriously want everyone to realize that a lady is corrupting your mind?

Sandara looks at me in confusion. She tilts her head to one side.

I sigh deeply.

"Sir?"

"You may go, Sandara. I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter