Chapter 42 [YoonYul Special Pt.1]

I can love you better [sequel to: Can't you see...]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baby, you're... you're too much some times...”

Yoona hid her face into Yuri's pillow, which had ended up on the other side of the bed during their activities. Yuri chuckled at Yoona's bashfulness; she was always so damn bold in bed but the aftermath was always pleasing to Yuri's eyes. It tickled her to see bouts of Yoona's shy side kicking in, especially when they were tangled in all their loving a few minutes ago.

The adorable couple had just come back from visiting one of the poorest orphanages in the state and they couldn't help but feel a deep connection between them and the children there.

 

Flashback. 

“Here… These are where the kids have their daily afternoon naps, the study tables and yeah, the basic necessities are all provided in this room. " 

Yuri nodded and listened intently, fingers still tightly interlocked with Yoona's. She didn't know why they made the sudden decision to come to an orphanage especially since it was a painful experience to see how lonely these children could be some times. 

Maybe it was because they were so eager to be parents. Yoona wanted to be fully trained and have some experience with kids before letting Yuri impregnate her. 

“This little baby here is Lincoln Kwon. His father was an army general and passed away due to a heart attack during his training session. Lincoln's mother was a normal office worker, worked 9am to 5pm every day. She passed away last year giving birth to him.”

“So he's about one, one and a half?” Yoona asked, eyes twinkling at the adorable boy fluttering his eye lids open.

“That's right. Lincoln is a good boy, actually. He doesn't cry that much and he's a rather happy baby in general. Unlike other babies when they pass motion, Lincoln doesn't burst into tears or whine for his diaper to get changed.”

Yuri's heart went out to poor Lincoln, losing both parents before he even turns into a toddler. A light bulb immediately formed in her head. She wanted to take him in as their own. She wanted to take care of Lincoln and make sure he was brought up properly with love and care instead of in an orphanage. 

 

Soon, Yuri was immersed in playing with the older group of children who were busy playing basketball and various outdoor sports. Being a sports freak herself, Yuri felt that the older group was easier to handle and take care of since they could have fun at the same time.

Yuri wouldn't know what to do if she was stuck in a room of babies, Yoona thought. 

On the contrary, Yoona would rather be around younger children around Lincoln's age since they wouldn't be so mischievious and naughty just yet. She loved watching the serene smiles on babies' faces as they slept, unconsciously bringing a smile onto her face as well.

Yoona traced Lincoln’s cute nose and said, “He's a sweetheart, Halmeoni. I really wish I could take him home with me and just pamper him.”

“You can if you want to, Yoona.” Halmeoni smiled, watching how Lincoln snuggled his face deeper into Yoona's chest as she hummed a lullaby. 

Yoona shook her head gently, cuddling Lincoln closer to her. She couldn't imagine how chaotic it would be at home, especially when she already had a bigger kid to take care of. “Look at the big kid I have with me right now. Do you think I can handle the situation at home?” Yoona asked, earning a soft giggle from the older woman.

“Trust me. The kid you have with you right now will most definitely grow up when you have some kids of your own.”

 

-

 

Yoona and Yuri were now on their way to the bakery near the orphanage, wanting to give all the children there a sweet treat, which they only got once in a blue moon.

“2 strawberry cupcakes, 5 chocolate-powdered buns and 2 cookies and cream milkshakes please.” Yoona ordered in a polite tone, ignoring her child of a girlfriend who was busy gazing at the assortment of pastries and cakes.

Yuri was easily amused by the things around her and it made Yoona wonder if their future little Kwon was just going to be as noisy and mischievious like Yuri or quiet and a little more mature just like herself. Having a mix of both, that would definitely be perfection. 

“Yoong, I want takoyaki from the market. Can we go there after this please?” Yuri pouted, her hands in a prayer-like position. She looked like a little child who was begging her mother to buy her something.

Yoona was about to respond when she saw a young boy sitting by the roadside alone, looking at the road stall selling rice cakes with his mouth slightly open. It was clear enough that he was starving since one hand was rubbing his stomach, the other supporting his face as he enjoyed the view. 

“Wait here.” Yuri said, catching Yoona's attention. Yoona couldn't even respond until she saw her girlfriend walking to the roadside stall, buying a couple of rice cakes. 

The doe eyed girl expected Yuri to come back to her, handing her the rice cakes with that charming smile of hers. Thoroughly taking Yoona by surprise, Yuri grabbed the 3 packets of rice cakes and made her way to the road, checking for vehicles before crossing over with ease. 

Yuri bent down on one knee, eyes meeting with the boy's. His eyes widened in delight but instead of bright smile, a small frown donned his face. 

“Here, have something to eat.”

“I can't accept it, Noona. I don't even know you.”

“You're hungry and you've been staring at those rice cakes for quite some time, sweetie. Just accept them, alright? I promise that they're totally fine and without anything to harm you.” Yuri assured as best as she could, ignoring the amused stare from her girlfriend across the road.

Yoona could see that he was still a little unconvinced, just a little bit more reassurance was required and she was going to finish for Yuri before her girlfriend embarrassed herself even more. Crossing the road, Yoona bent down next to her girlfriend and flashed her million-dollar smile at the boy. 

“What's your name?”

“Daniel. What's yours, Noona?” Daniel asked, his big eyes looking into Yoona's doe ones. “I'm Yoona. Sorry for her bluntness, she must have scared you off but I promise that no harm is intended and she really means to get food for you because you're hungry. Her name is Yuri.”

Anyone would have felt more comfortable with Yoona's explanation rather than Yuri's straight forward actions; just going to someone with a bag of food. No one would accept it without a tinge of doubt. 

“Oh.... Thank you, Yuri-noona.”

Yuri could only look at Yoona with a loving smile, she was always proud that Yoona was with her. Yoona was better with words while Yuri's actions spoke for her, they complemented each other so well. 

 

-

 

Holding hands was the best way to be close to each other in public. Yoona never once doubted Yuri's love for her even though they had gotten together partly because of Jessica's betrayal. In the beginning, it might have been a little tough to believe that Yuri genuinely loved her without using her as a rebound. 

The black pearl was proud to show off their relationship; always making sure that her actions showed that she belonged to Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter