Chapter 35

I can love you better [sequel to: Can't you see...]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona was sitting on the sofa biting her lips nervously, Yuri hadn't come home yet and it was already 1am. She had already showered and changed into fresh clothes and she needed to make sure her girlfriend was fine. If there was anything Yoona wanted at this very moment, it was to have Yuri safely wrapped in her arms and all her loving.

“Yoong, calm down.” Hyoyeon walked into the living room and read the message out from her phone, “Everyone is already on the way here now. We're having a huge party tonight.”

The doe-eyed girl smiled in relief and thanked God for peace. She was filled with warmth everywhere; all the drama was finally over. She had nothing more to worry about after seeing everyone try their best to make sure she was safe from Seunggi's suffocating grasp.

As if on cue, the front door swung open and revealed many of her friends from the entertainment world in the past. She was looking for a particular girl when she felt herself being hugged from the back tightly. 

“Hi, Yoong.”

“Baby, are you okay?” Yoona asked worriedly, turning around to check if Yuri had any injuries. “Did he hurt you in any way or anywhere?” Her worry wasn't uncalled for, especially when Yuri had been getting hurt in the past few operations. “I'm fine. Look at everyone who's here to visit.” Yuri turned Yoona around and made her face the crowd in the living room, all looking back at her with excited expressions.

Chanyeol waved at her and the rest followed suit. “Yul-noona! Come and join us here.” Sehun beckoned Yuri to come over but the tanned girl laughed and held out a hand, saying that she'll come later. “Baby, follow me out to the balcony for a second.” Yuri whispered to Yoona and the younger girl nodded, kissing Yuri on the cheek gently.

Yoona cupped Yuri's cheeks and caressed them with her slender fingers, looking straight into Yuri's charming brown orbs, “What is it, Yul? They're calling for you to join them.” Yuri pouted cutely in response, nuzzling her nose against Yoona’s, “I just wanted to say that I love you without anyone making fun of me. Everyone's going to tease me if I say it in front of them.”

 Yoona smiled, her girlfriend was adorable yet y at the same time. After tonight, everything was going to be fine and no one was going to bother them anymore. “I love you too, Yuri-ah. Let's go inside and have some fun with the rest.” Yoona pulled Yuri by the right hand and the two walked towards the living room. 

When the couple were at the living room, they realized how tensed the atmosphere was. Taeyeon and Jessica were on their feet, standing in front of someone else with their arms crossed. The EXO boys had astonished expressions their faces while Daehyun and Zelo immediately stood in front of Yuri and Yoona, pushing the doe-eyed girl behind them. 

“Who's here, Zelo-ah?” Yuri asked, massaging Zelo's tensed shoulders.

“Kai-hyung.”

“Uh huh. So why the formation? It's just Kai.” Yuri chuckled and walked past the two protective boys, leading Yoona to sit on the couch. “Kim Jongin!” Yuri greeted and brought Kai into a playful headlock, oblivious to the shocked stares coming from almost everyone else in the room. 

“Y-Yuri-noona.” Kai stuttered, looking at Yuri with a downcast expression. “What's with all the angry faces?” Yoona asked curiously, tugging on her Tiffany-unnie's arm. Tiffany didn't say anything, just bringing Yoona into her embrace. 

Yuri brought Kai in and kissed Taeyeon's cheek, not understanding why everyone had that kind of expression towards Kai. He was here to visit just like the rest, right? “Yul...” Jessica sighed at her stupid best friend. There was obviously a reason why everyone was angry with the younger boy and here Yuri was still helping him in. 

Kris walked forward towards Kai and pulled Yuri behind him, giving Kai a punch straight to his jaw. “Hyung!” Chanyeol held Kris back by the shoulders and stood between Kai and Kris. Kai fell to the floor, holding his jaw with his right hand. “Kai, are you okay?” Yuri rushed forward but Sehun pulled her back, holding her securely. She looked at Sehun with a questioning look but Sehun shook his head. 

Kai stood up by himself and wiped away the blood trickling down his lips. He had deserved that strong punch from Kris and he knew it. “What's wrong with all of you? Isn't Kai a brother to you guys?” Yuri broke out of Sehun's arm and looked at the group in a state of confusion and disappointment.

“Noona, I deserve this. Listen to Taecyeon-hyung.” 

“Yul, sit down. You might want to sit down and listen to what I have to say first before you start comforting him.” Taecyeon said and brought Yuri into his arms. 

Jessica sat beside Yuri and Yoona sat on the other side, checking on her girlfriend. Yoona placed her hand over Yuri's and caressed it comfortingly. “Kai was supposed to help me kidnap Yoona at first but he backed out. The person he actually wanted was um...” Taecyeon bit his lip nervously; he didn't know whether to expose Kai. 

“Who was it?” Hyoyeon asked, playing with Sooyoung's fingers as she laid on her girlfriend's lap. “It was you.” Kai whispered. He bent his head and looked at the floor, too ashamed to face all of them.

If he had apologized and admitted his fault after backing out from Taecyeon's plan, it would have been fine and forgiveness would have been given in a heart beat. 

“What? Why would you want me? Didn't you want Yoona at that time?” Hyoyeon turned towards the dopey-eared man. Taecyeon sighed and started to explain, hoping it would sort of minimize the anger everyone felt towards Kai, “I wanted Yoona. Kai wanted you. But he didn't know that you were dating Sooyoung. The moment he found out, he backed out of the plan and that was when Seunggi came in.”

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung were beyond shocked. Kai had always shown a strong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter