Chapter 37

I can love you better [sequel to: Can't you see...]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SeoSsul

 

Seohyun sat beside Sulli, placing her hands behind her to support her body, “Hey, something bothering you?” Sulli just flashed the older girl a small smile and continued looking at her feet, knowing that her problems were something to be overcame by herself.

“You can tell me, you know?” Seohyun asked in a softer tone.

Although Seohyun's intentions were good, Sulli couldn't help but feel that her privacy was interrupted in some way. She knew that she was being a wet blanket and maybe, unconsciously dampening the mood of the vacation but she couldn't help it. 

“I'm not forcing you, though. I'm sorry if I'm probing too much.” Seohyun quickly apologized, feeling the need to redeem herself when Sulli's eyebrows furrowed. 

Before Sulli could respond of any sort, her phone vibrated and a LED light was blinking, alerting her of a new message. 

 

To: Choi Sulli

Sulli, you're not being fair to me.. Did I do something wrong that you have to break up with me like this? Baby, I'm so sorry if I did something to hurt you. I swear I never did anything to hurt you deliberately. Please don't do this to me.. You're torturing me so harshly, it's not fair.

I love you so much..

From: Choiza

 

She could feel her eyes sting, her tears starting to blur her vision. She didn't want to admit that she missed him, she didn't want to go back to him knowing that he could be so much happier with someone else who was better than her. 

Seohyun watched Sulli bring her hand to her eyes, trying not to let any tear fall. The older girl moved closer and wrapped one arm around Sulli's shoulder, bringing her head to rest on her own shoulder. “I miss him so much...” Sulli sobbed, now wrapping her arms around Seohyun's neck. Seohyun could feel a sharp jab at her heart without knowing why. 

“Shh.... You'll get over him, I promise. But you know you're not being very fair to him, right?” Seohyun asked in a gentle tone, not wanting to say anything that might agitate the girl. 

The younger girl knew what Seohyun said was correct through and through but she was sure that if she saw Choiza again, she would falter and change her mind about leaving him to someone better.

“Please at least let him see you. Just for a proper closure and hopefully, you two will be able to end things off nicely as good friends.”

Deep down in her heart, Seohyun wanted to see Sulli smile so beautifully like she always did but she knew that it was probably something that only Choiza could give. She wasn't going to jeopardize Sulli's happiness just because she was falling for the younger girl.

It was too selfish. 

Besides, Seohyun would never be able to live with herself if she was the cause of Sulli's sadness. Sulli was aware that Seohyun was trying hard to cheer her up but this was something she needed to deal with herself.

“I'm okay... Don't worry too much about me. I promise I'll be fine.”

Sulli turned towards Seohyun, looking at her with a genuine smile. She was in need of someone at the moment. Someone that she could depend on, someone that loved her. “I'm just feeling a little heart-broken...” Sulli muttered with a bitter chuckle.

Seohyun nodded in understanding since she had done the same with Yonghwa. It was a tough decision, definitely but it allowed both of them to get their own happiness. 

The feeling after that was wonderful.

The feeling of freedom. 

“What can I say, though? I was the one who suggested the break up, I don't have any right to regret or think about it anymore. I just pity myself too much, I guess...”

Seohyun wondered how that heart-broken tone of Sulli's could sting her so badly when it hadn't been the same for Yonghwa. She hated to see the girl shed tears for a forgotten love and she was determined to make those tears turn into a smile. 

“Be strong, Sulli-ah. You'll pull through as long as you stand strong.” Seohyun whispered, reaching for Sulli's hand that was rested on her knees. 

Seohyun's hand held Sulli's firmly but gently, caressing the back of her palm with her thumb. Sulli could feel her heart skip a couple of beats involuntarily. 

Maybe....

Just maybe, she could find a new love in someone else. 

 

-

 

SunYeon

 

Sunny's hand was trembling in Taeyeon's grip unknowingly, “Taengoo, aren't you a little nervous about our wedding? I mean it's in a couple of weeks…” Taeyeon was smiling to herself the whole time. The wedding was coming and it was making her feel more and more excited by each passing day. 

“Getting cold feet already? A little too soon, don't you think?” Taeyeon teased. “No. I'm just excited but nervous too, you know?” Sunny whispered, stopping them in their tracks.

After all that had happened, Sunny wasn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter