Chapter 33

I can love you better [sequel to: Can't you see...]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well, how is she?” Yuri asked impatiently, not caring if her tears were overflowing. 

The doctor took off his glasses and sighed, “I don't know how to put it but there are many factors affecting her mind. Inside, what she's thinking right now might be drastic and might also be the worst kinds of thoughts. Psychologically, this could be prove to be a tough barrier to get past.” 

The girls were confused at the doctor's complicated explanation and they tried their best to figure it out. “What?” Amber asked and leaned against the wall, holding Krystal by the waist. 

“What I mean is, she was abused and everything. For example, if you guys are tickling each other or even slapping each other lightly on the arm, it might trigger her memory and cause her to go into a frenzy. It's really bad. The reports have come out and some wounds on her back might have caused some permanent effects.”

The girls nodded and tried their best to be strong. Hyoyeon was in shock, she covered her face and massaged her temples. Krystal was crumbling inside, it was like everyone around her was getting hurt. Dejected expressions were slowly being revealed one by one.

Tiffany bit onto her lower lip and tried her best to keep her tears in, “Is seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist necessary?” She couldn't bring herself to even say that sentence if it wasn't because of Sunny's involvement. It was painful enough to have a member admitted to hospital but for something as terrifying as this - pain was maximised even more. 

“If possible, yes. Do bring her in due time but don't force her. Force is also something that might or might not trigger her to act up. It depends on how strong her willpower is.”

“Thank you, Doctor.”

Yoona nodded and helped her girlfriend to sit on the bench; it was like Yuri's legs had turned jelly the moment the doctor opened his mouth. Yuri was holding Yoona's hand, their fingers interlocked. Yoona could feel the guilt eating her from the inside. If she had noticed Seunggi's feelings earlier, she would have made it clear right from the very start.

Jessica hugged Tiffany tightly, letting the younger girl cry as much as she wanted. Taeyeon was sitting in the wheelchair; she didn't know how to react. She was numb. Sooyoung made the sign of the cross and prayed hard, trouble seemed to come knocking on their door every now and then. It was inevitable. 

“Taeyeon!”

The girls immediately turned behind and saw 5 guys running towards them. Yuri, Sooyoung and Taeyeon were familiar with those 5. 

It was Minkyung, Daeyoon, Taewoo, Byunghun and Bumsoo. Minkyung turned towards Yuri and asked worriedly, “How's Sunny-ssi?” He was well aware of the younger girl's state when they followed the police for investigation. Yuri opened but no words came out, she couldn't speak at this moment. Looking at the confused girls, the boys bowed and introduced themselves. 

“She's traumatised. Anything can trigger her behaviour.” Amber said and offered them to have a seat but they politely declined, requesting to talk to a few of them privately. “Yuri, Taeyeon and Sooyoung. They need to talk to you.” Jessica pointed at the guys waiting.

Yoona pulled Yuri into her embrace for a while, giving a gentle kiss on the forehead. The black pearl got up and pushed Taeyeon's wheelchair while Sooyoung ended her prayer before following them from behind. 

 

“Seunggi hasn't been found yet.” Minkyung muttered and Yuri stood up, slamming her fist on the table angrily. She had enough of this pretty boy's nonsense. “Yah, Yul. Calm down. Sit down.” Sooyoung instructed firmly and pulled Yuri by the wrist. Minkyung was pleading with his eyes for her to calm down as well. “Well, what are they doing about it?” The shikshin asked, holding Yuri's as well as Taeyeon's hand tightly. 

“They've approached us for help because we agreed to testify against him. The police are going to set up a trap for him. Are you guys going to help?” Taewoo sounded really guilty. After all, Seunggi had approached them and asked for help. “I'm up for it, as long as that bastard is put in his rightful place.” Yuri muttered and felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning around, her best friend was standing in front of her with a worried look. 

“Khun!” Yuri screamed happily and leaped into his arms, she hadn't seen this blonde boy in ages. Taeyeon smiled and tapped his hand while Sooyoung gave him a high five. “Hey. I'm Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul, Yuri's best friend.” Nichkhun introduced himself to the 5 guys looking at him weirdly. They smiled and stood up, bowing politely towards the blonde guy. 

Nichkhun sat down and asked as the group continued their discussion, “so is there a plan?”

 

 

---

 

 

“Unnie, are you feeling better?” Seohyun asked as she looked at the older girl sitting on the couch silently, “Do you want to take a bath now?”

Sunny's condition wasn't deteriorating, but it wasn't improving either. She had turned into a completely mute person, only nodded and shaking her head as a response. She wakes up in the middle of the night and if lucky, she's only sobbing. On worst nights, she would be sobbing while kicking and moving in her sleep. 

The girls were taking turns to spend their nights with her. On Mondays, Seohyun and Taeyeon will sleep with Sunny in the middle; On Tuesdays, it would be Jessica and Tiffany; Wednesdays were Hyoyeon and Sooyoung; Thursdays were Yuri and Yoona; Fridays would be Amber and Krystal. Saturdays and Sundays were debatable. 

Sunny nodded and Seohyun sighed, trying to hold back her tears. It was hard to see their normally cheerful girl behaving like this. It was heartbreaking. 

Yuri, Sooyoung, Amber and Taeyeon were working hard with the guys as well as 2PM to come up with a plan. It wasn't easy when Seunggi's whereabouts were unknown. Yoona, Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Krystal were to stay at home and take care of Sunny. Yuri, Taeyeon, Sooyoung and Amber did al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter