Girlfriend

Brain

For the next couple weeks, it was the same routine for Jessica. After her school, she would go home, pick up Krystal, then go over to Yuri's house. Jessica would teach Yuri the lesson plan for that day, then Yuri and Krystal would go off doing shenanigans and pranks on Jessica, who dealt with the silliness of the two girls.

 

Over time, Yuri's brain began to progress all the information given to her by her parents, as well as Jessica. Only two more lessons and then Yuri would become a 3rd Grader, meaning she will have the brain of a seven year old already. 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon brought Yuri to the hospital for her check up. Doctor Lee walked in the hospital room and smiled, "Hello Yuri, how are you?" he asked kindly.

 

Yuri smiled, "I'm good, how are you?" she replied politely, not sounding like a six year old at all.

 

Doctor Lee raised his eyebrows in surprise at Yuri's politeness, "I'm good, thanks for asking."

 

 

Doctor Lee then turned to Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, "I have her brain waves, and it seems like Yuri is progressing three times faster than other kids would with this similar situation."

 

Mrs. Kwon widened her eyes, "Three times?!" she asked.

 

Doctor Lee nodded and smiled, "Yes, three times. I can tell that Yuri is a smart girl, being able to learn quickly." 

 

Mr. Kwon smiled at Yuri before looking at Doctor Lee, "Maybe it's because she has such a good teacher."

 

Doctor Lee furrowed his eyebrows, "Teacher?"

 

Mrs. Kwon shrugged, "Well, not really a teacher, but a tutor."

 

"May I ask who?" Doctor Lee asked.

 

"Jessica Jung." Mrs. Kwon replied.

 

Doctor Lee's face brightened up at the name, "Ah, so you know Jessica?"

 

Mrs. Kwon furrowed her eyebrows, "How do you know her?" she asked before quickly adding, "If you don't mind."

 

Doctor Lee smiled, "She dates my son, Donghae."

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled, "Oh, that's nice."

 

Yuri tried hard to remember what 'date' meant. Then she remembered. "So, Jessica has boyfriend?" Yuri blurted out.

 

Doctor Lee turned and smiled, seeing that Yuri knew what it meant, "Yes, she does."

 

For an unknown reason, Yuri's body felt a pang in her chest area. Yuri had no idea what the pain meant, but apparently her body had a mind of it's own. A seventeen year old mind.

 

"So, everything else seems okay with Yuri, she just needs to keep up with her studies. She'll have the brain of a seventeen year old in no time." Doctor Lee smiled.

 

Mrs. and Mr. Kwon smiled and bowed slightly at the doctor, "Thank you, Doctor. Come on, Yuri, let's go home, Jessica and Krystal might be there already."

 

Yuri, who had on a grumpy face because of the news she just received, suddenly turned bright, "Really?"

 

Mr. Kwon chuckled at his daughter's excitement, "Really, now come on."

 

Yuri jumped off the hospital bed and followed her parents out the hospital and back to there home. On their way there, they saw Krystal and Jessica walking hand in hand on the sidewalk.

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled at the sight of the protective older sister with her younger sibling. Mr. Kwon pulled over and rolled the windows down, "Need a ride?" he asked. Krystal saw Yuri in the back seat and jumped in excitement, pulling Jessica to the car door. Jessica opened the door for Krystal with a smile on her face.

 

Krystal had trouble getting into the car. Jessica giggled and put her hands under Krystal's shoulders, lifting the girl into the car. "Thanks, Jessica!" Krystal chirped. Jessica nodded and got in, sitting besides Krystal, who sat in the middle of Yuri and Jessica.

 

 

 

 

After the lesson, Yuri walked towards where Krystal was on the couch.

 

Krystal yawned, Yuri giggled, "Are you sleepy?" Yuri asked.  

 

Krystal nodded. Yuri got up from the couch and brought Krystal an extra blanket and pillow, "Here, you can sleep. It seems like you need it."

 

Krystal smiled lazily at Yuri as she took the pillow and blanket before falling asleep on the couch.

 

Jessica, who was watching the whole scene, had a small smile placed on her face at Yuri's kindness. Yuri turned and saw Jessica looking at her, "Hey Sica." Yuri greeted with a smile.

 

Jessica waved slightly before looking back at the lesson book, going over what she has to teach Yuri next time.

 

Jessica had quit all her other jobs for tutoring, since her main focus was on Yuri. Yuri's parents paid her more than all of her other jobs combined, so Jessica wanted this to be her full job. But, she knew that she only teaches Yuri 2nd Grade, and then her parents will find someone else to tutor.

 

Yuri sat beside Jessica, "Whatcha doing?" she asked.

 

Jessica jumped slightly, startled before she noticed it was Yuri, and relaxed, "I'm going over your lesson for next time."

 

Yuri smiled, "Want to do the lesson now?"

 

Jessica widened her eyes, "Are you sure? You just finished one lesson already."

 

Yuri shrugged, "One more lesson doesn't hurt."

 

Jessica noticed the change in Yuri already, if it was the beginning of the tutoring, Yuri would have whined and complained that her head hurt, or that she was tired or hungry. But now, Yuri was insisting on another lesson. Jessica shrugged, "If you say so."

 

The girls managed to finished all lessons needed for a 2nd Grader before Yuri's parents came home. Yuri ran up to them, "I finished all my lessons!" she announced.

 

Mrs. Kwon widened her eyes, "Really?"

 

Yuri nodded.

 

Jessica smiled, "She did." Jessica confirmed.

 

Mr. Kwon turned and looked at Mrs. Kwon, then back at Jessica. "Jessica."

 

"Yes?" Jessica responded politely.

 

"We know that we only wanted to teach Yuri 2nd Grade, but.. since Yuri likes you a lot as a teacher, as well as a friend, we were wondering if you wouldn't mind teaching Yuri what she has to know.. up until 12 Grade."

 

Jessica opened and closed , wondering whether to agree or not.

 

Mrs. Kwon stepped up, "Or, you could just teach her as much as you want, then, if you feel to pressured, you can quit."

 

Jessica bit her lip, looking between Yuri and her parents.

 

Jessica sighed, "Alright." 

 

Yuri jumped up and smiled, "Yay!" Jessica smiled at Yuri's excitement. Krystal, who had woken up due to the loudness, walked into the kitchen lazily.

 

"What's going on?"

 

Jessica smiled and walked over to Krystal, placing her hand on the girl's head, "I'll tell you when we get home, you looked tired."

 

Krystal nodded and placed her head in on Jessica's shoulder, close to falling asleep again.

 

Mr. Kwon smiled softly at the sight of the close sisters, "Here, I'll drive you girls home."

 

The girls said goodbye to Yuri and Mrs. Kwon before leaving. Yuri got ready for bed, doing her usual routine. She got herself comfy in bed as Mrs. Kwon walked into the room.

 

 

After bidding her good sleep, Mrs. Kwon was about to walk out the room.

 

"Mommy?" Yuri called.

 

Mrs. Kwon walked back to Yuri's bed side, "Yes, honey?"

 

"Will I ever get a boyfriend?" Yuri asked.

 

Mrs. Kwon was surprised at the question, "Uhm.." she trailed off, not knowing how to respond.

 

"Or a girlfriend?" Yuri asked again.

 

Mrs. Kwon widened her eyes, "No, girlfriends are for boys. Girls have boyfriends." 

 

"Why can't a girl have a girlfriend?" Yuri asked, clearly not knowing that same gender dating is a disgrace to her family.

 

But, Mrs. Kwon knew her daughter didn't understand this, "Girls have boyfriends and boys have girlfriends. That's it, okay? And why are you asking?"

 

Yuri shrugged, "Just wondering."

 

Mrs. Kwon sighed and kissed Yuri's forehead, "Alright, now good night." 

 

"Night, mommy."