College

Brain

Jessica let out a giggle at the corny jokes Yuri was saying over the phone until her father called her.

 

"Jessie! Come here, it's important!" Mr. Jung called out from the kitchen.

 

"Oh, hold on Yuri, my dad's calling me." Jessica said over the phone before running to the kitchen.

 

"What's up, dad?" Jessica asked as her father had an envelope in his hands.

 

"You've been accepted to Yale."

 

Jessica widened her eyes, "WHAT?! The college? The college, Yale? You're kidding, right, dad?!" she asked in excitement.

 

Mr. Jung smiled widely and showed her the the paper. Jessica grabbed it with shaky hands before reading the top. 

 

"Letter of Acceptance from Yale University." she read.

 

Jessica looked up at her dad and smiled, "Oh my god!" she screamed in English before crushing her body with her dad's, hugging him.

 

Mr. Jung smiled widely, "Congratulations, honey!" he exclaimed, "They called earlier and they told me they booked a flight for you, you're leaving this Saturday." he explained.

 

"F-flight?" Jessica froze as she exited the hug.

 

"Well.. Yale is in the states honey.." her father stated.

 

Then Jessica remembered Yuri. What was she going to do? "I don't want to go anymore.." she mumbled.

 

"What?" her father asked in shock.

 

"This is a one in a lifetime chance, Jessie! Don't tell me you're staying because of Yuri." her father spoke with a stern tone.

 

Jessica bit her lip and looked away, "I don't want to go."

 

"Jessie!" Mr. Jung exclaimed, "This is your future! Just go to school, graduate with a degree, then you can come back to Korea!"

 

With mixed emotions, Jessica ran to her room and closed the door, locking it before sitting on her bed. She stared at her phone, Yuri was still on the line.

 

"Hello?" she heard Yuri's voice.

 

Jessica's tears released as she hit the end button on the phone.

 

What is she going to do?

 

 

 

 

 

 

After suddenly hearing the call end, Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "Sica?" she called out but to no avail as the beeping of the phone indicated no one was on the other line.

 

"What happened?" Yuri asked to herself before putting the phone down.

 

 

Later that day, Yuri heard the door bell ring.

 

"I'll get it!" she called out to her household before running to the front door, opening it only to see Jessica's crying face.

 

"S-Sica, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Yuri asked immediately with a worried tone, seeing the tears on her girlfriend's face.

 

Without saying anything, Jessica crushed her body against Yuri's in a hug, burying her face into Yuri's shoulder as her small body shook with sobs.

 

Yuri rubbed Jessica's back, leaning her head on Jessica, "What's wrong, Sica?" she asked again, only to get replied with sobs.

 

Yuri decided to just let Jessica cry it out and ask her what happened later. "Sica, let's go to my bedroom," Yuri whispered in Jessica's ears. Jessica nodded and Yuri led them to her bedroom, where she sat down on the bed with Jessica.

 

Jessica sat on Yuri's lap, her face still buried into Yuri's neck, the sobs had stopped but the sniffs and the tears haven't.

 

"Shh... shh.." Yuri whispered gently, running her hand through Jessica's silky hair. Jessica sniffed and sniffed before leaning out, looking at Yuri. 

 

Yuri brought her thumbs up and wiped the tears off of Jessica's cheek, "What happened, Sica?" she asked in a gentle tone.

 

"I.. got accepted into one of my dream colleges.." Jessica stated in a hoarse voice.

 

Yuri let out a smile, "Well, that's good news, isn't it?"

 

"It's in America."

 

Yuri's smile faltered a bit before she regained it, "It's.. it's okay." she said, though she hesitated.

 

Jessica looked into Yuri's eyes, "I don't want to leave you."

 

Yuri gave Jessica a quick kiss on the lips, "What do you mean, 'leave me'? Just because you're going to the states doesn't mean I won't be your girlfriend anymore."

 

Jessica pouted, "I'll miss you."

 

Yuri giggled, "I'll miss you too, of course, but this is a once in a life time chance."

 

Jessica frowned a bit, "You sound like my father." she muttered, making Yuri kiss her cheeks due to Jessica's cuteness.

 

"You should take the opportunity, Sica. Don't worry about me, I'm tied down to my one and only girlfriend, Jessica Jung," she smiled.

 

Jessica looked at Yuri with a twinkle in her eyes, "You mean it?"

 

Yuri nodded with certainty, "Of course, no one will ever replace my Sica."

 

Letting out a smile, Jessica wrapped her arms loosely around Yuri's neck as she kissed the younger girl. In reply, Yuri wrapped her arms around Jessica's petite waist, responding to the kiss immediately. Gently, Jessica pushed the tan girl onto the bed while she was on top, continuing to kiss her slowly.

 

After needing oxygen, the girls leaned out, their bodies stuck like glue, "I love you." Jessica stated with sincereness.

 

Yuri kissed Jessica's nose, "I love you too."