Super Hero

Brain

"Yuri, I bought you ice cream to eat, not to get it all over your face!" Jessica said, eyeing Yuri's face which was mostly covered in vanilla ice cream. Yuri only giggled. Jessica sighed, luckily she had grabbed extra napkins from the ice cream stand, she turned Yuri's face to face her.

 

Jessica gently wiped all of the ice cream off of Yuri's face with the napkin. "There." Jessica announced, having successfully wiping all of the ice cream off.


Yuri smiled and pecked Jessica's cheek, "Thanks, Sica." she said before continuing to eat her ice cream, careful not to get it all over her face again.

 

Jessica widened her eyes at Yuri's small kiss, "H-Hey..." she said weakly, making Yuri turn to her, "What?" she asked.

 

"You can't just kiss someone." Jessica said.

 

Yuri looked down at Jessica innocently, "But.. I kissed you before.. what's the difference?"

 

Jessica didn't know how to reply so she kept quiet. Yuri smiled, seeing the silent Jessica, "See? There is no difference, unless you want me to kiss you on the lips..."

 

"No!" Jessica yelped.

 

Yuri giggled, "Don't worry, Sica. I won't do that." 

 

Jessica's face heated up as Yuri finished her ice cream, throwing the scraps in a nearby trash can. Yuri grabbed Jessica's hand and pulled her up from the bench, "Let's go."

 

"Go where?" Jessica asked as Yuri dragged them somewhere.

 

Yuri had led them to a swing set. She outstretched her arms, "See?"

 

"I see a swing set." Jessica stated bluntly.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes and dragged Jessica to the swings before plopping herself on the swing, "Push me." Yuri ordered.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow. Yuri pouted, "Please?" she added. Jessica sighed and walked behind Yuri, "Fine."

 

Jessica began to lightly push Yuri on the swing set, not wanting the tan girl to fall off. The thought reminded Jessica of her father. So, this was what her father had felt when he pushed Jessica on the swings. Yuri pouted at the speed, "Sica, push harder."

 

Jessica shook her head as she continued to push lightly, "I don't want you to fall."

 

Yuri sighed and nodded, "Fine." she said before jumping off of the swings, landing on her feet.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow, "You were only on the swings for like.. two minutes."

 

Yuri shrugged, "I got bored, your turn!"

 

Jessica widened her eyes and shook her head, "No, no, I'm fine."

 

"Is it because of your dad?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica couldn't believe that Yuri actually remembered that. Yuri frowned and walked over to Jessica before hugging her, surprising Jessica. Jessica hugged Yuri back. "You really miss him, don't you?" Yuri asked softly.

 

Jessica nodded numbly, "I miss him a lot." she said, keeping the tears in.

 

"You know what, Sica?" Yuri asked as she pulled out of the hug a little.

 

"What?" Jessica replied, biting her lips that were starting to quiver.

 

"You're like a super hero."

 

Jessica furrowed her eyes, "What?" she asked.

 

Yuri smiled, "You're strong, just like a super hero."

 

Jessica let a couple tears lose after hearing that. Yuri frowned again, "I didn't mean to make you cry." she mumbled.

 

Jessica giggled and hugged Yuri again, burying her face into Yuri's shoulder, "Silly. These are happy tears."

 

"Oh.." Yuri said in realization, "Didn't you tell me about happy tears before?"

 

Jessica nodded into Yuri's shoulder. Yuri remembered what Jessica had done before, leaning her head down, she placed her lips on Jessica's forehead, giving a small kiss. 

 

Jessica smiled as she pulled away and looked up at Yuri. "Did that make you feel better, Sica?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica nodded.

 

"It did, Yuri. Thank you."