Love

Brain

 

Jessica woke up in an unfamiliar bed. She tried to sit up but was held back by an arm wrapped around her waist. Jessica widened her eyes but instantly calmed down after realizing it was only Yuri. Jessica smiled as she looked at the scene, Krystal was hugging Yuri while Yuri hugged Jessica. Jessica glanced at the time and noticed it was only 7 AM.

 

Shrugging, Jessica decided to go back to sleep as she cuddled into Yuri's body, falling asleep again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sica?" Yuri called as they sat on the couch together. Mrs. Jung had dropped Krystal off at Amber's house again for another play date. Jessica turned her head to Yuri.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"What's the difference between liking something and loving something?" Yuri asked innocently.

 

Jessica didn't know how to explain it, "Well.. love is a stronger word."

 

Yuri widened her eyes, "Love has muscles?"

 

Jessica giggled and shook her head, "I meant to say that the meaning is stronger."

 

"So... if I say 'I love my mom' rather than 'I like my mom', it means more?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica nodded, "Exactly."

 

"So, can I say that I love you?" Yuri asked, looking at Jessica.

 

Jessica stayed silent for a moment before shrugging. "I guess you can, there's no reason why you can't." she responded calmly, even though her heart was beating rapidly.

 

"Do you love me?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica widened her eyes and froze at the question. Did she love Yuri? "You see, Yuri... love is a strong wor--" Jessica was cut off when Yuri pouted.

 

"You don't love me?" 

 

"It depends on how the term 'love' is used.." Jessica replied.

 

"There are different terms?"

 

Jessica nodded, "One for family, friends, and lovers."

 

"Lovers as in girlfriends and boyfriends?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica nodded again, "Yeah."

 

"Wait.. does that mean you're my lover?" Yuri wondered out loud.

 

Jessica widened her eyes and slightly blushed, feeling her face warm up. "N-No, I think you mean that you love me as a sister.."

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "Really?" she mumbled, mostly to herself.

 

"Really." Jessica confirmed.

 

"So, do you love me like a sister?"

 

Jessica sighed, "Yeah. I love you like a sister, Yuri." she replied.

 

Yuri smiled widely and hugged Jessica around the waist, "Yay! Sica loves me!" she exclaimed.

 

Jessica let out a laugh and hugged Yuri back. As the girls pulled away, Yuri gave a quick kiss to Jessica's cheek, once again making Jessica blush.

 

"Hey! Kwon Yuri!" Jessica scolded.

 

Yuri giggled and ran away.

 

Jessica shook her head before placing a hand on the cheek Yuri kissed and smiled softly.

 

Despite blushing, Jessica was now smiling. Yuri turned as she ran and smiled back at Jessica.