4 Years

Brain

 

4 Years Later

 

A brunette woke up to her room mate rushing out early in the morning. Jessica groaned and took her pillow, pushing it against her face, "Nicole, it's early in the morning, stop being so loud!" Jessica yelled out. The blonde girl with short hair raised an eyebrow, "Jessica, it's the afternoon already."

 

"Same thing!" Jessica mumbled angrily.

 

Nicole rolled her eyes before exiting the dorm. Yes, Jessica lives in a dorm now with Jung Nicole, lucky her. After a week of tears and kissed spent with Yuri, she left to the states. Yale had offered her a full scholarship, which was very rare, as well as a dorm to be shared.

 

Jessica cried the first couple months to sleep, but she called Yuri every day, speaking until it was midnight in America. Suddenly, after about three months, Jessica tried to get in touch with Yuri, calling her. But it seemed the phone was moved to a different number, which made Jessica even more devastated than she already was. 

 

Jessica carried a picture of Yuri around with her everywhere, including to classes. Whenever people asked her about Yuri, Jessica would introduce her as her girlfriend, which seemed to shock people, but nonetheless, she continued to say Yuri was her girlfriend.

 

Jessica had even managed to get in contact with her mother, meeting up with her a few nights when she wasn't busy to have dinner. Her mother had told her she would stay in the states and Jessica was mature enough to agree to it. Besides, Jessica liked having a reason to go back to the states every once in a while.

 

Jessica's phone began to ring and she groaned, reaching out and picking it up lazily, "Yes?" she answered.

 

"Jessie!"

 

Jessica immediately sat up, "Dad!" she called out excitedly.

 

It's been only a couple days since their last phone call, but Jessica was awfully missing her family. "Hey, honey! It's your break isn't it? Why not come down to visit?" her father suggested.

 

Jessica widened her eyes, this was the first break she had since she entered Yale, considering she was very busy with school and exams as well as a job as a waitress. "Ah.. dad, I need to work still during break to earn money." she said sadly.

 

Mr. Jung laughed, "Nonsense! I'll pay for your plane ticket! In fact, I already bought it! It's under your name. When you go to the airport just show them your ID, they'll let you go."

 

Jessica shook her head and smiled, her dad was always prepared like this. "When is the flight?"

 

"Today."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica arrived late at night but her father was still there to pick her up. Jessica looked around for the familiar face of her father but was greeted by her little sister, who was now fourteen. "Jessica!" she yelled out and hugged Jessica.

 

Jessica widened her eyes at how tall Krystal had gotten, "Oh my gosh! Krys, why are you so tall?!" she exclaimed.

 

Krystal pinched Jessica's waist and buried her face into Jessica's chest since she missed her sister so much. Jessica giggled and hugged Krystal back, "I missed you." Jessica mumbled into Krystal's hair.

 

Krystal smiled, "You dyed your hair back to it's original color. It looks pretty." 

 

Jessica nodded, touching her now black hair, "Where's dad?"

 

Krystal turned and pointed. Jessica looked over and saw her father smiling at his two daughters. Jessica smiled widely before walking over with Krystal and hugging her dad, "How are you?" she asked.

 

Mr. Jung chuckled, "Oh my, you've gotten more mature, Jessie."

 

Jessica nodded, "That's what 4 years does to you. Anyways, it's late so we should head home now, right?"

 

Krystal grabbed Jessica's hand and held it like she used to when she was younger, "Let's go!" she exclaimed.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, "How are you so hyper at this time of night?"

 

"I'm happy because you're is here!" Krystal commented as she got into her father's car while her dad placed Jessica's luggage into the trunk.

 

Jessica nodded and sat besides Krystal in the car, who automatically placed her head in Jessica's lap and closed her eyes, "Now I'm sleepy."

 

Jessica giggled and played with Krystal's hair, studying her sister's face. 'She's gotten prettier' Jessica thought in her mind.

 

Suddenly, the face of a familiar tan girl popped into her head. Jessica widened her eyes.

 

She was going to meet Yuri after 4 years of no contact.

 

 

 

 

"She's what?!" Jessica screeched as her heart broke into pieces.

 

Mr. Jung placed his hands on Jessica's shoulder, looking her in the eye, "Jessie.. Jessie.." he called out softly as Jessica's eyes brimmed with tears.

 

"She's engaged?!" Jessica asked in disbelief.

 

Mr. Jung was surprised at how much of a reaction Jessica had to the news. He never knew Jessica was so serious about Yuri. Jessica finally broke down as her body fell to the floor, her knees brought up to her face as she cried.

 

"Of course, no one will ever replace my Sica."

"I'm tied down to my one and only girlfriend, Jessica Jung,"

 

Yuri's words repeated in Jessica's mind, did those sentences mean anything to her?

 

"Jessica!" Krystal called out seeing her sister crying like this, running over and hugging her sister around the waist. Jessica then realized Krystal was here. Krystal can't see her sister crying like this, so Jessica immediately toughened up and wiped her tears, "I'm.. I'm okay." Jessica breathed.

 

Yuri wouldn't do this to her. Perhaps it's a misunderstanding.. Yuri loved her, didn't she?

 

Krystal frowned, "Jessica.."

 

"When.. did she get engaged?" Jessica asked calmly.

 

"Last year." her father answered.

 

Jessica gave a nod of her head and sniffled her nose before looking at Krystal, "Did Yuri still talk to you?"

 

Krystal shook her head, "Not after you left." she answered honestly.

 

Jessica pressed her lips together before getting off the floor, "I'm going to bed." she said numbly.

 

"Jessie.." her father called out as he watched his daughter's lifeless body go to her old bedroom.

 

Jessica closed the door and locked it before breaking down again, but this time, more quietly. Engaged? Yuri's engaged? And with that guy.. Minho? Lee Yuri. It doesn't sound right. It just doesn't. Kwon Yuri fits better, especially if Kwon Jessica is her partner.

 

Jessica clenched her fists before getting up and walking to her bed. On her bedside was a picture of her and Yuri at the amusement park. Jessica picked the picture up and caressed Yuri's face with her thumb.

 

 

Meanwhile, on Yuri's side

 

"Eat something, Yuri-ah." Mrs. Kwon pleaded as her expressionless daughter got up from the dining table, her plate still full of food.

 

"I'm not hungry." Yuri responded.

 

"Come on, Yuri, eat something." this time, Minho spoke.

 

Yuri clenched her teeth, "I said I don't want to."

 

"For me? Please?" Minho asked.

 

Yuri turned around angrily, "For you? You want me to eat, for you? I don't want to do anything with you. The only reason why I'm marrying you is because I want my parents to be happy. So don't expect anything from me because I sure won't expect anything from you." she snapped before running to her room and slamming the door before locking it.

 

Yuri immediately grabbed her jacket before escaping out of her window. The fair was in town.

 

 

And two certain girls have the same idea of attending it.