Don't

Brain

 

Jessica angrily dragged Yuri to her bedroom before slamming the door. Yuri frowned as she watched Jessica cry silently on the bed, covering her face. Yuri walked over and kneeled infront of Jessica, lowering her face to meet Jessica's crying face.

 

Yuri placed a hand on Jessica's chin, "Sica." she called out softly.

 

Jessica sniffed and turned her body around so her back was facing Yuri. Yuri's frown deepened as she stood up. Yuri then sat on the bed before enveloping her arms around Jessica's waist, hugging her from behind. Yuri placed her chin on Jessica's shoulder, turning her head to look at Jessica.

 

"Sica." Yuri called again.

 

Jessica wiped her tears with the back of her hand, "I'm okay. I'm okay." she assured Yuri as well as assured herself.

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows in doubt, "Are you really?"

 

Jessica nodded, still not facing Yuri, "Yea."

 

"Look me in the eyes and say that."

 

Jessica didn't move at all.

 

"Sica." Yuri called sternly.

 

Jessica shakily turned her head to face Yuri, surprised at how close Yuri actually was. Yuri cocked her head slightly, "Are you okay?"

 

No words came out of Jessica's mouth as she looked into Yuri's eyes.

 

Yuri frowned, "I thought so. So, what are you going to do about it?"

 

"What do I do?" Jessica mumbled.

 

"Are you going with your mom?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica shook her head. Yuri looked at Jessica, "Then where are you going to stay? I mean, you could stay with us, but I have to ask my parents and I'm not sure if my mom will let you."

 

Jessica suddenly widened her eyes, "Yuri, get my phone for me." she ordered.

 

Yuri turned and took Jessica's phone off the bedside desk and handed it to her. Jessica unlocked her phone and scrolled down her list of contacts before stopping at one spot.

 

"Dad." she said out loud as she clicked the call button.

 

Yuri sat in front of Jessica, watching the blonde girl anxiously call her father. 

 

"Hello?" a gruff voice came.

 

"Dad?" Jessica called out.

 

"Oh, yes, Jessie?"

 

"I have a favor to ask you."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Can.. I live with you? Krystal too?"

 

Mr. Jung stayed quiet for a moment before answering, "I.. You.. I guess you can, but why? Don't you live with your mother?"

 

"She's moving. I want to stay here."

 

"You'll have to ask your mom about staying with me.. I don't have a problem with it, but your mother..."

 

"I understand." Jessica cut him off from rambling.

 

Mr. Jung chuckled, "Good luck with that, Honey. Anyways, I have to go to work, talk to you later."

 

"Bye, dad, love you."

 

"Love you, too." he responded before ending the call.

 

Yuri then smiled, "He said yes?"

 

Jessica smiled slightly as well, "Yeah.. But I have to ask my mom."

 

"When are you going to ask?"

 

Jessica huffed out a breath, "I.. don't know."

 

Yuri sat besides Jessica, closer than needed as she wrapped her arm around Jessica's petite waist. Jessica looked up at Yuri with surprised eyes. Yuri smiled before leaning down and capturing Jessica's lips with her own, kissing passionately.

 

The girls leaned out from the kiss, keeping their foreheads in touch. Yuri smiled before talking lowly and softly.

 

"Just know that even if you do move, I'll still be your girlfriend. So don't ever try to date someone else while you're in the states, because I'll come and find you again."

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day after school, Yuri looked down at Jessica, "Want me to go home with you? Or do you want to come over?" she asked.

 

Jessica shook her head, "Neither. I have to talk to my mom about living with my dad.."

 

"Do you need me to--"

 

"No, it's okay, thank you though."

 

Yuri nodded and kissed Jessica's cheek, "Fighting!" she said softly before walking off to her home.

 

Jessica smiled to herself as she walked home as well. Arriving at the front door, Jessica's heart thumped loudly. Entering the house, "Mom?" she called out. No answer came back. Jessica walked into the house and walked around, looking for her mother.

 

In the kitchen she found a note. Picking up the sticky note with shaky hands, Jessica read the hand writing of her mother.

 

'I'm sorry. I love you.'

 

Jessica widened her eyes as they began to tear up. She dropped the note and ran to her mother's bed room. Jessica ran to the closet and shoved it open, greeted by the emptiness. Jessica ran to her bag and took out her phone before calling her mother's phone number.

 

'I'm sorry but this phone number is not available at this time. Please call back some other time'

 

Jessica frowned and called again.

 

'I'm sorry but--' Jessica threw her phone on the couch.

 

Jessica heard the door open, she quickly ran to check, thinking it was her mother. But it was Krystal.

 

"Hi Jessica! ... Wait.. you're crying?" Krystal greeted before walking to Jessica.

 

Jessica sniffed and wiped her tears, "No, Krys. I'm alright."

 

Krystal nodded slowly, "Okay.. but where's mom? Isn't she home today?"

 

Jessica bit her lip, "Krys.."

 

Krystal looked up at Jessica with her eyes. Jessica couldn't bear to tell her younger sister that their mother left them. "Mom.. is going to be gone for a while."

 

Krystal's eyes widened, "Why?!" she exclaimed.

 

"She.. just is. Okay?" Jessica replied.

 

Krystal pouted, "Why didn't she tell me?" she mumbled.

 

Jessica crouched down to Krystal's level and looked at her little sister, "Don't worry, okay? You still have me."

 

Krystal smiled and hugged Jessica's neck, "I know.. so.. is mommy on vacation?"

 

Jessica smiled softly, "Yea.. vacation." she said gently as she hugged Krystal's small body. As the girls leaned out of the hug, Jessica kissed Krystal's head, "Can we visit Yuri, unnie?" Krystal asked.

 

Jessica smiled, "Good idea. Come on, let's go."

 

As they walked to Yuri's house, Jessica's thoughts were filled with her mother. If her mother was sorry, wouldn't she had stayed? If she loved Jessica, wouldn't she have stayed?

 

 

 

 

But it's alright now because her mother is on 'vacation'..

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
"Stupid mosquitos..." Jessica mumbled to herself as she walked towards Krystal's school to pick her up., smacking her neck where a mosquito had bit her. Suddenly, Jessica felt an arm wrap around her waist, and by the touch she already knew it was Yuri.
 
 
 
Jessica looked up, "Aren't you going home, Yuri?"
 
 
 
Yuri smiled, "I'm going where ever you're going, Sica."
 
 
 
Jessica rolled her eyes, "I'm going to pick up Krystal right now, then we're going home."
 
 
 
"Where?" Yuri asked.
 
 
 
Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean, where?"
 
 
 
Yuri also got confused, "You're staying at your old house?"
 
 
 
Jessica nodded slowly, "Is that bad?.." she asked, trailing off at the end.
 
 
 
"Won't you get lonely?" Yuri frowned.
 
 
 
Jessica scoffed, "I have Krystal."
 
 
 
"She usually goes over that other girl's house, Amber, right?"
 
 
 
Jessica rolled her eyes and began to walk towards the school. Jessica didn't know where else to go, her father wouldn't pick up the phone, and she was pretty sure she couldn't stay at Yuri's house. Arriving at Krystal's school, the familiar girl ran over and placed her small hand into Jessica's before also grabbing Yuri's hand, "Hi, Yuri!" she greeted.
 
 
 
Yuri smiled and looked down, "Hey Krystal, how was school?"
 
 
 
Krystal pouted, "Boring."
 
 
 
Jessica laughed, "Yeah, yea,, let's go."
 
 
 
"So, you're going to the old house?" Yuri asked, looking over to Jessica.
 
 
 
Jessica nodded, "I guess. My dad hasn't been picking up his phone."
 
 
 
 
"You could stay at my--" Yuri was cut off when Krystal pointed to something.
 
 
 
"Jessica, who is that man? And why is he at our house?"
 
 
 
"Huh?" Jessica asked as she looked over. Her eyes widened once she saw her father. "D-dad!"
 
 
 
"Dad?" Krystal repeated, looking up at Jessica.
 
 
 
Mr. Jung smiled and looked at his daughters, "Ah, there you are."
 
 
 
The three girls walked closer to the man to talk easier. "What are you doing here?" Jessica asked while Krystal continued to be confused.
 
 
 
"Did I meet you before?" Krystal interrupted, seeing the familiar face.
 
 
 
Mr. Jung smiled, "Yeah, at Yuri's house."
 
 
 
Krystal widened her eyes and pointed at her father, "Aren't you my daddy?"
 
 
 
Mr. Jung nodded, "I'm your daddy."
 
 
 
Krystal, who grew up without a father, had a doubt. Krystal cocked her head to the side, "Are you lying to me?"
 
 
 
Mr. Jung widened his eyes and shook his head, "No! I wouldn't lie, you could ask your sister."
 
 
 
Krystal looked up at Jessica, "Is he our daddy?"
 
 
 
Jessica nodded once with a small smile on her face. Krystal smiled widely before letting go of Yuri and Jessica's hands and hugged her father's leg. "Where were you?" Krystal asked as she looked up at her dad.
 
 
 
Mr. Jung smiled, "I'm sorry." he whispered and patted Krystal's head.
 
 
 
Krystal smiled and hugged his leg tighter, "It's alright, as long as you don't leave me ever again."
 
 
 
"I won't."
 
 
 
Krystal looked up, surprised. "Really?"
 
 
 
Mr. Jung smiled and nodded, "Really. Here, let's pinky promise." he replied, giving his pinky.
 
 
 
Krystal wrapped her small pinky around her father's before stamping their thumbs together. Mr. Jung smiled, "There. I promised that I won't ever leave you or your sister again."
 
 
 
Everyone had a smile on their face at the scene. Mr. Jung then clapped his hands, "Okay! Girls, go pack your things."
 
 
 
Jessica raised an eyebrow, "Why?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Because you're moving in with me, of course."