Ice Cream

Brain

"Kwon Yuri!" Jessica screamed.

 

"Uh-oh.." Krystal said as she stood from the sand.

 

Yuri gulped, seeing Jessica walk towards them. Mrs. Kwon looked up from her book, "What's wr--- Oh." she started before stopping, noticing Jessica's unique tan line.

 

Mrs. Kwon burst out laughing and so did Mr. Kwon. Jessica pouted and crossed her arms over her stomach, "Hey! Don't laugh, you're encouraging her!" she complained.

 

Mrs. Kwon used her finger to wipe the corner of her eyes, which were tearing up due to laughing, "I'm sorry, Jessica, it's just that---" she started before ended up laughing again.

 

"It's like you're 'Kwon Yuri's Property'!" Mr. Kwon chuckled.

 

Jessica blushed, "Hey!" was all she managed to say.

 

In the end, Jessica uncrossed her arms and laughed along with the parents while Yuri and Krystal sighed in relief, seeing that Jessica was not mad at them.

 

Seeing them sigh, Jessica stopped laughing, "I'm still mad at you two."

 

Krystal pouted, "Jessica, It's not even my name on your belly!"

 

Jessica shrugged, "I don't care if it's your name or not, you were involved with this and I know it."

 

Krystal shook her head, "No I wasn't."

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "But.. you were the one who told me to put the rocks--"

 

Krystal used her small hand to cover Yuri's lips, widening her eyes. "No I wasn't, it was all Yuri!"

 

Jessica shook her head, "Nice try, Krystal. Blaming Yuri isn't going to help."

 

Krystal yelped when she felt something weird on her hand. She pulled her hand away from Yuri's mouth, "Did you just me?!" she squealed.

 

Yuri shrugged, "Yeah, your hand was making it hard for me to breath."

 

Jessica began to giggled at the scene in front of her. Yuri couldn't help but smile, and she had no idea why she was smiling, nothing was funny to her. It was just the fact that Jessica was giggling that made her lips curve up the way they did.

 

As a group of boys walked by, they whistled at Jessica and Yuri. Yuri only furrowed her eyebrows, not understanding why they were doing that, while Jessica rolled her eyes, her arms now covering her stomach. Yuri pulled Jessica's arm away from her stomach, "Wait, let me see." she said.

 

Jessica sighed and let Yuri see her stomach. To Yuri, the letters 'Kwon Yuri' were perfectly seen. She frowned, "Sorry, Sica." she said quietly.

 

Jessica smiled and patted Yuri's head, "It's alright, no harm done, right?"

 

Yuri smiled widely, "So, you aren't mad anymore?"

 

Jessica shook her head, "Nope."

 

 

"Come on kids, let's go get some ice cream!" Mrs. Kwon called out.

 

Krystal and Yuri gasped, "Ice cream!"

 

Just as they were about to run off, Jessica grabbed both of their hands, interlocking them with her own. "Nope, I'm not letting you girls go alone. Especially you, Yuri."

 

"Why me? What's so different about me?" Yuri whined.

 

'You have no idea...' Jessica thought to herself.

 

Jessica didn't want Yuri to get mobbed by teenage boys at the beach, nor did she want Krystal to get randomly kidnapped. Since the ice cream stand was located right on the beach, the three girls began to walk to the stand after receiving money from Mrs. Kwon.

 

Many people looked their way, mostly because of Yuri and Jessica. Yuri pouted and Jessica noticed it. She looked up, "What's wrong, Yuri?" She asked as they continued to walk.

 

"Why are they looking at me?" she whined.

 

Jessica automatically knew who 'they' were. A group of boys standing off to the side, basically undressing Yuri with their eyes. 

 

Jessica smiled at Yuri's innocence and squeezed her hand, "Don't worry about it yet. You'll know in the future."

 

"But I want to know now..." Yuri said under her breath.

 

Jessica shook her head and continued to the ice cream stand.

 

 

 

 

 

"Yay! Vanilla!" Yuri exclaimed, the ice cream cone.

 

"Chocolate is better." Krystal stated, her ice cream.

 

"No, vanilla is."

 

"No, chocolate is."

 

"No--"

 

"Hey!" Jessica called out, joining the girls on the bench.

 

Jessica noticed how the girls flinched at her loud voice. To ease the tension, Jessica smiled. "Strawberry is better."