Glad

Brain

"Yuri, where in the world did you find this kind of movie?!" Jessica exclaimed as she looked at the movie box.

 

The Grudge.

 

Yuri shrugged, "It was in my DVD rack.." she said innocently as she went onto her bed, letting her back rest on the head board. Jessica sighed, "If you get nightmares it isn't my fault." she muttered.

 

"Nightmares?" Yuri asked.

 

Jessica was surprised that Yuri didn't know what nightmares were. "They're like dreams.. but bad." Jessica explained.

 

"Do you have nightmares, Sica?"

 

Jessica sighed, "All the time." she responded as she entered the DVD into the machine, starting the movie. Jessica quickly got beside Yuri on the bed and pulled the blanket up. She hated scary movies.

 

Yuri giggled, "Are you scared, Sica? The movie didn't even start yet."

 

Jessica hid behind Yuri's shoulder, "I get scared easily, okay?"

 

 

During one of the quiet parts of the movie, Yuri decided to scare Jessica.

 

"BOO!" she yelled as she poked Jessica's waist.

 

Jessica screamed loudly and Yuri began to laugh. Jessica noticed that it was Yuri who had scared her. She pouted, "Hey! That was mean."

 

Yuri giggled and hugged Jessica's waist, "Sorry."

 

Jessica's heart beat faster but she ignored it, thinking that it was because of the scare Yuri gave her. Jessica sighed and hugged Yuri back, "It's fine." Yuri smiled widely and gave a kiss to Jessica's cheek again, making Jessica heat up, "Didn't I tell you not to kiss people randomly?"

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "But you're not 'people', you're Jessica, Sica."

 

Jessica was surprised at the mature comment from Yuri. After a couple seconds, Jessica smiled widely and went back to her seat, resting on the headboard, but this time, she wrapped her arm around Yuri's waist. Yuri smiled back and wrapped her arm around Jessica's shoulder, letting Jessica rest her head on Yuri's shoulder.

 

Throughout the movie, Jessica would scream and Yuri would have to calm her down with a few rubs on the shoulder and a slight hug from the side. Even if Yuri was younger, Jessica felt... protected.

 

After the movie ended the girls stayed in their position, Jessica's head rested on Yuri's shoulder as Yuri's head rested on Jessica's head. "Sica?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I think I've had a nightmare before." Yuri stated.

 

Jessica looked up at Yuri, "Really?"

 

Yuri nodded, "Want me to tell you about it?"

 

Jessica bit her lip, "Only if you want to."

 

Yuri nodded firmly once again, "I want to."

 

Jessica stayed quiet for Yuri to start talking.

 

"I think my drea-- no, my nightmare was about how my brain stopped working.." Yuri started. "I was.... six.. I think. Yeah, I was six. And.. I was playing with a bouncy ball in my front yard. It was sparkly. and red.. and.. and.." Yuri stuttered, trying to describe the bouncy ball in her dream.

 

"Yuri, just continue your story." Jessica cut in.

 

Yuri giggled, "Right.."

 

"Anyways... The ball rolled away and into the streets.. I remember hearing my mom tell me not to get the ball.. She was yelling at me, but for some reason, I didn't listen to her. When I went to get the ball.. a car... it was.. black. It was coming closer as I grabbed the ball. I heard my mom yelling.. Just as the car was about to hit me, I woke up. My mom was shaking my shoulders and I was crying. She told me I had a bad dream, but she never said anything about a nightmare."

 

After hearing Yuri's story, Jessica fully hugged Yuri. Yuri, who was surprised, hugged back, "That was a nightmare, right, Sica?"

 

Jessica simply nodded as she buried her face into Yuri's neck. Yuri breathed out a big breath, "I felt bad."

 

Jessica leaned out a little to look at Yuri, "Why?"

 

Yuri looked off into space, "Because.. when I told my mom about my dr-- nightmare, she started to cry. And I didn't like seeing her cry.. then, that night, my mom told my dad, and I heard my mom crying again. I walked out of my room and saw my mommy and daddy in the living room. My dad was hugging my mom.. and my mom was crying.. And so was my daddy. I wondered why daddy was crying, he was tough--"

 

Jessica interrupted her, "He is tough. Tough people can cry sometimes."

 

Yuri smiled down at Jessica, "Like you."

 

Jessica nodded and smiled softly, "Like me." she mumbled softly.

 

Yuri continued to talk, "It was my fault that my parents cried all the time.. it was because I didn't listen to them. It was my fault that I decided to go get the ball on my own. It was my fault that the car hit me. It was--"

 

Jessica cut her off, "Don't talk like that, Yuri." she said sternly.

 

Yuri now had tears in her eyes, thinking of how much she had made her parents suffer. "But it's true, isn't it? I made them worry and cry for... eleven years. Eleven years, Sica. That's more than our fingers." Yuri said as the tears rolled down her face.

 

Jessica's heart hurt seeing Yuri like that, she cupped Yuri's face with her hands and used her thumbs to wipe the tears away, "Shhh.. Yuri, it's not your fault. Don't think like that... Everything has a reason, right?"

 

Yuri sniffed and stayed quiet, then a thought hit her, she widened her eyes, "Like me meeting you?"

 

Jessica let go of Yuri's face and wrapped her arms around Yuri's waist, "Like what?" she asked.

 

Yuri smiled and sniffed once more, "If I didn't go for the ball, I would have never met you, right?"

 

Jessica smiled and nodded, "Yes, that's right, Yuri."

 

Yuri kissed both of Jessica's cheeks, "I'm glad I went for the ball."

 

Jessica blushed and buried her face in Yuri's neck. Yuri continued...

 

 

"Because, if I didn't go for the ball, I wouldn't have met you, Sica."