Happy Tears

Brain

 

Yuri saw Jessica run into the bathroom. The tan girl noticed the water running down her face, immediately recognizing it as tears. Yuri gritted her teeth and got out of the booth, that guy made Jessica cry.

 

"Yuri, sit down. Don't get involved." Mrs. Kwon ordered.

 

Yuri shook her head and ran to the bathroom to find Jessica. In there, she found Jessica sobbing on the ground as well as another girl with jet black hair.

 

"Sica." Yuri called out.

 

Both girls who were crying on the floor looked up. Yuri examined both girls face, puffy, eyes red, water basically flooding their face.

 

Yuri shook her head, "Stop crying, you girls look ugly." She stated bluntly.

 

Jessica and Tiffany laughed at the comment, making Yuri smile, "There, smile. You look pretty. Stop crying over that boy." Yuri ordered.

 

Jessica sniffed, the tears still flowing. Yuri sighed and sat beside Jessica, "Didn't I say to stop crying?"

 

"It's not easy to stop crying right away." Jessica mumbled through her sniffs and tears.

 

"Then how do I get you to stop?" Yuri asked, thinking of ways to get Jessica to stop crying.

 

Jessica didn't respond as she lowered her head and continued to cry. Yuri remembered the scene she's seen before, when Jessica held her mothers hand when she was crying. Yuri eyed Jessica's hand, which was clamped over to contain the sobs that wanted to escape.

 

Yuri reached out for Jessica's hand, pulling it away from and interlocking it with her own. Jessica looked at Yuri in surprise and Yuri smiled at Jessica. Yuri had no idea how this would stop someone from crying, but apparently it works.

 

Jessica, who felt touched at Yuri's attempt to make her stop crying, turned her body and hugged Yuri around the neck. Yuri jumped slightly before hugging Jessica back, around the waist.

 

"I said to stop crying over that boy." Yuri stated, hearing Jessica crying even more into her shoulder.

 

"I'm not crying over him anymore."

 

"Then who are you crying for?"

 

"You."

 

"Me? What did I do wrong?" Yuri asked, slightly panicked.

 

"These are happy tears."

 

"Happy tears?"

 

Jessica nodded and sniffed. Yuri looked over and saw Tiffany with a small smile on her face, seeing the two girls interact. Yuri had completely forgot that Tiffany was there and also crying. Yuri held out her hand to Tiffany, who smiled and moved over before placing her hand in Yuri's.

 

Now, Yuri was hugging Jessica as well as holding Tiffany's hand. "Are you girls done crying?" Yuri asked after a minute of hearing no sniffs.

 

Jessica nodded and pulled her body away from Yuri, and Tiffany let go of Yuri's hand. "Thank you, Yuri." Jessica said, smiling.

 

Yuri smiled back, seeing that Jessica wasn't sad anymore.

 

"I should get going." Tiffany stated, standing up.

 

"Oh.. well.." Jessica started.

 

"Well?" Tiffany asked.

 

Jessica didn't know why she was acting so shy, and Yuri didn't know why either. "She wants your phone number so you can become best friends." Yuri ended for her.

 

Jessica smiled and nodded, confirming what Yuri said. Tiffany smiled and took out her phone, as did Jessica. The two girls exchanged phone numbers before Tiffany left.

 

 

Yuri stood up first and extended her hand out to Jessica. Jessica smiled and took Yuri's hand while the tan girl helped her up. They returned to the table hand in hand together.

 

"Jessica, are you okay?" Krystal asked with a worried look.

 

Jessica nodded and smiled, looking up at Yuri, "Now I am."

 

At that moment, Donghae walked up to Jessica with a guilty look on his face, "Jessica, I'm so--"

 

He was cut off when Yuri interrupted him, "Go away. You made Sica cry." she said, stepping in front of Jessica and looking straight at Donghae.

 

Donghae raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me, this is between Jessica and I,"

 

Yuri don't know why, but she said, "You're excused, now leave."

 

Mrs. Kwon couldn't help but let out a small giggle at her daughter dissing Donghae, Mr. Kwon smiled as well. Krystal had no idea what was going on, and Jessica smiled, seeing Donghae's shocked face. Donghae connected eyes with Jessica, and Jessica's smiled immediately melted away.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

Yuri turned and looked at Jessica, wondering what she would say.

 

Jessica sighed, "I forgive you."

 

Everyone widened their eyes.

 

"But.."

 

They calmed down.

 

"We are over."