Dead Hair?

Brain

Yuri squealed and jumped around as Jessica bought them bracelets to give them access to the carnival. Everyone watched in amusement as the seventeen year old girl acted like a six year old. Jessica giggled slightly, her hand still holding Yuri's as she placed the bracelet around Yuri's wrist. 

 

"Come on, Yuri, stop jumping around, don't you want to ride some rides?" Jessica asked, trying to calm Yuri down.

 

"But I'm excited!" Yuri said, not being able to stay still.

 

Jessica smiled and squeezed Yuri's hand, "I understand, but calm down."

 

Yuri took deep breaths and stopped jumping, "I'm calm."

 

Jessica smiled before looking at the rides, "Which one do you want to go on first?"

 

Yuri began to drag Jessica around the amusement park by hand.

 

'This is going to be a long day' was all Jessica thought as her day filled with screams and laughter.

 

 

 

"Sica," Yuri called out.

 

Jessica looked up at the taller girl, "What?" she said, slightly dizzy from the spinning ride she just went on.

 

Yuri giggled at how Jessica looked like she was about to faint, "You okay? You look a little dizzy." Yuri said with a smile on her face.

 

Jessica nodded, "How are you not dizzy?"

 

Yuri shrugged. "I don't know but--" she suddenly gasped when something caught her attention.

 

Jessica turned to look at what caught Yuri's eyes, "What are you--- Oh no..."

 

"Sica, let's go in the haunted house!" 

 

Not once did the seventeen year old girl with the brain of a six year old scream during the haunted house. Now, Jessica, on the other hand, screamed. A lot.

 

Yuri rubbed her ears after exiting the house, "Ouch... Sica, you scream loudly."

 

Jessica didn't respond, holding tightly onto Yuri's hand. "Sica. Wakey wakey." Yuri said, waving a hand in front of Jessica's face. That seemed to snap Jessica back into reality.

 

"Huh? What? Woah! It's getting late, we should get back to your house quickly." she said, seeing the moon out already.

 

Yuri pouted, "Already?"

 

"What do you mean 'Already'? We rode all the rides at the carnival! Twice!" Jessica exclaimed.

 

Yuri sighed and lowered her head, "Fine.." she said sadly.

 

Jessica frowned, seeing how Yuri's mood changed. She sighd, "Alright, I'll take you here again one day."

 

Yuri smiled widely, "Really?"

 

Jessica nodded, "Only if you do what I tell you to do on that day."

 

Yuri smiled widely and suddenly hugged Jessica. It was just a friendly hug by a six year old, but it made Jessica's heart pump. "Thanks Sica!" Jessica smiled and patted Yuri's back, moving away from the hug, "No problem, let's get you home before your parents start to worry."

 

The two girls walked home, hand in hand, greeted by Mr. and Mrs. Kwon at the front door. Yuri smiled, "Hi, mommy! Hi, daddy!" Yuri said, using her free hand to wave. Jessica just smiled shyly.

 

Jessica released Yuri's hand and bowed towards Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, "Uh, I should be heading home now, wouldn't want my mom to worry."

 

"You're walking?" Mrs. Kwon asked in a worried voice.

 

Jessica nodded.

 

"At this time?" Mr. Kwon added.

 

Jessica took out her phone and checked the time, it was indeed late, 11 PM.

 

Jessica shrugged, "Yeah."

 

Mr. Kwon put his hand on his chin, "I would give you a ride home, but my car ran out of gas." He looked at Jessica for a moment. "Hmm.." he hummed, thinking.

 

He clapped his hands, startling Jessica, "You can stay over." 

 

Jessica widened her eyes and shook her head, "No, no, I can walk home, I'll be alright."

 

"But isn't it dangerous, Sica?" Yuri joined in.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon smiled widely, one because Yuri called Jessica 'Sica' and two for understanding that walking late at night is dangerous.

 

"Yuri's right. I insist, Jessica, it's the least we could do for you for taking care of Yuri the whole day." Mrs. Kwon said.

 

Jessica sighed, "I guess so..."

 

"If you don't mind, you'll be sleeping in Yuri's room." Mrs. Kwon stated.

 

For some reason, Jessica's heart skipped a beat and a warm feeling spread through Yuri.

 

"Oh, it's fine." Jessica responded calmly.

 

Mrs. Kwon moved aside, letting the two girls enter the house. "Yuri, go show Jessica your room."

 

"Okay, mommy." Yuri replied while gesturing for Jessica to follow her into the hall. 

 

Jessica followed quietly. She widened her eyes upon seeing the room.

 

"Mickey Mouse... everywhere." Jessica mumbled to herself, eyeing all the stuffed dolls of the famous Disney character.

 

Yuri smiled widely, "I like Mickey."

 

Jessica nodded, "I can see that.."

 

"Sica." Yuri called.

 

Jessica looked over, "Yes?"

 

"I need to change, and mommy said it's not good to change in front of people, can you please turn around?"

 

"Oh. uh.. okay." Jessica replied, turning around.

 

"Thanks!" Yuri replied as she changed quickly into shorts and a tank top.

 

"Done! You can turn around now." Yuri said.

 

Jessica turned around and gaped at the sight of Yuri's body. At that time, Mrs. Kwon entered the room, "Yuri, give Jessica a pair of sleeping clothes, and Jessica, extra tooth brushes are in the cabinet above the sink."

 

Jessica smiled and nodded, "Yes, thank you."

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled, "No problem, have a good sleep, girls."

 

"You too." Jessica replied before Mrs. Kwon left the room.

 

"Hmm... Sica, what do you wear to sleep?" Yuri asked.

 

"It doesn't matter." Jessica responded, looking around the girl's room.

 

Yuri handed Jessica a pair of shorts along with a white tank top, "Here you go. I should turn around so you can change."

 

Yuri said, closing her eyes and turning around. "Tell me when you're done." 

 

Jessica changed into the clothes that were a bit loose on her considering her and Yuri's body differences, "Okay. You can turn around now."

 

Yuri turned around and smiled, "Okay, let's go brush our teeth quickly and go to bed, I'm sleepy."

 

Yuri grabbed Jessica's hand and dragged her to the bathroom, where they both brushed their teeth.

 

Yuri remembered her mother telling her to brush her hair before going to bed, grabbing the brush, Yuri began to brush her hair. Not able to reach the back of her head, Yuri whined and stomped her foot. Jessica looked at Yuri amusement.

 

Yuri turned to Jessica, "I can't reach the back." Jessica smiled softly and took the brush from Yuri's hand.

 

"Turn around, I'll brush your hair for you." Jessica ordered.

 

Yuri turned around, listening to Jessica as the blonde girl began to gently brush Yuri's hair.

 

"There." Jessica said, giving the brush back to Yuri.

 

Yuri smiled, "Want me to brush your hair for you?"

 

Jessica shrugged as a small smile appeared on her face, "If you want."

 

Yuri nodded, "I want."

 

Jessica smiled and turned around, "Be careful, please."

 

Yuri smiled, "I will."

 

Yuri began to carefully brush Jessica's soft, blonde hair. "Sica?" Yuri called.

 

"Hmm?" Jessica replied.

 

"Why is your hair yellow?"

 

Jessica couldn't help but release a giggle, "It's blonde." she stated.

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, "Blonde?"

 

Jessica nodded, "It's a color that's like yellow."

 

Yuri nodded, understanding, "Oh... I've never seen anyone with blonde hair before."

 

"Blonde isn't my real hair color." Jessica said.

 

"What is your real hair color then?" Yuri asked.

 

"Black." Jessica replied.

 

Yuri widened her eyes, "How'd you change it? Magic?"

 

Jessica giggled once again, "No, not magic. There is something called a dye. I dyed my hair blonde."

 

"Your hair is dead!?" Yuri exclaimed.

 

Jessica burst out laughing, "No, Yuri. Not D-I-E, D-Y-E. It's to change the color of something." 

 

Yuri scratched her head, "Oh.. Look, your hair is straight now!" Yuri said, pointing to Jessica's hair.

 

Jessica nodded, "It is, isn't it? Now come on, didn't you say you were sleepy?"

 

At that moment, Yuri yawned. Jessica smiled at the sight, "Okay, hurry, let's go to bed." she said, pushing Yuri gently out of the bathroom.

 

Yuri entered the bed quickly, falling asleep in seconds. Jessica smiled before she widened her eyes. Her mother is probably worried sick! Taking out her phone, Jessica texted her mom.

'Mom, I'm staying over a friends. Don't worry!'

Her phone buzzed after a minute.

'Okay, have fun!'

 

Jessica smiled and placed her phone on the table besides Yuri's bed. Now, was Jessica going to sleep on Yuri's bed, or on the floor? Jessica decided to sleep on the floor, trying to grab a pillow from Yuri's bed. Unfortunately, Jessica woke Yuri while trying to grab a pillow. "Sica?" Yuri called lazily. 

 

"Yeah?"

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Getting a pillow so I can sleep on the floor." Jessica replied.

 

Yuri moved over on the bed, pushing some Mickey Mouse dolls over, making room for another person, "Sleep here. The floor will be uncomfortable." Jessica laid next to Yuri, her back facing the younger girl.

 

"Thanks, Yuri." Jessica said softly.

 

"No problem, Sica." Yuri replied, cuddling with a small Minnie Mouse doll.

 

Soon enough, both girls fell into a peaceful sleep.