Moving

Brain

"Sica." Yuri called out as Jessica leaned her head on Yuri's shoulder. Jessica replied with a hum, "Hmm?"

 

Yuri tilted her head, leaning it on Jessica's head, "You know, we can't rest just yet."

 

Jessica frowned and looked up, "Why?"

 

Yuri pointed to Jessica, "Mom. Yours."

 

Jessica pointed to herself and raised an eyebrow, "My mom?"

 

Yuri nodded and poked Jessica's stomach, "Yours."

 

Jessica jumped at the poke, "Hey!"

 

Yuri giggled and wrapped her arm around Jessica's shoulder, "When are you going to tell her?"

 

Jessica sighed and wrapped her arm around Yuri's waist. Jessica didn't know whether to tell her mother now and get it over with or to enjoy the peace while it lasts. She shrugged, "I don't know, what do you want?"

 

Yuri let out a small smile and squeezed Jessica's body closer to hers, "I don't know either, I just want to be your girlfriend without keeping it a secret." Jessica nodded in agreement, "Me too.."

 

Yuri looked down at Jessica, "Why don't we tell her today?"

 

"Today?" Jessica asked with wide eyes.

 

Yuri nodded, "Right now. Now."

 

"Now?" Jessica asked again, eyebrows raised.

 

Yuri jumped off the couch and grabbed Jessica's hand, pulling her from the couch with ease, "Let's walk before it gets too dark, it's Friday so your mom is getting out of work early, right?"

 

Jessica nodded as Yuri dragged them to the front door. "Let's go!"

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica, Yuri, and Mrs. Jung sat at the dining table. Mrs. Jung smiled at the girls, who sat across from her, "Oh, hello Sooyeon, hello Yuri-ah. Aren't you girls usually spending your time at Yuri's house? Why are you here now?"

 

Jessica took a deep breath, "I have something to tell you."

 

Mrs. Jung smiled, "Wait! I have something to tell you first."

 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, "Oh.. you can go first."

 

Mrs. Jung nodded, "Now..  you may not like the idea..but.."

 

Jessica's heart thumped, seeing the slight hesitation in her mother's tone. Yuri was also confused.

 

Mrs. Jung glanced over at Yuri, "Yuri might not like the idea either.. But I think it'll be beneficial to us."

 

"Us..?" Jessica repeated.

 

Mrs. Jung nodded her head, "Yes."

 

Jessica frowned, "Well, tell me."

 

"I found a new job."

 

Jessica smiled slightly, "That's good, isn't it?"

 

Mrs. Jung bit her lip.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's in the states. Sooyeon, we're moving."

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

  "What?!" Jessica and Yuri exclaimed at the same time, making Mrs. Jung jump in shock.

 

"Moving?!" Jessica asked.

 

"To the states?!" Yuri continued.

 

"Why?!" They yelled in sync again.

 

Mrs. Jung sighed, "I told you already, I found a new job there."

 

"B-but what's wrong with the one you have now? I thought you enjoyed it, don't you have friends there?" Jessica asked, slightly panicking.

 

Mrs. Jung stayed silent, which made Jessica squint her eyes in confusion, "Wait.. there's something else, isn't there?"

 

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." Mrs. Jung replied.

 

"Why do you want to move so bad?"

 

Mrs. Jung didn't reply. Suddenly, Jessica widened her eyes before turning angry, "It's because of dad, isn't it?"

 

Mrs. Jung widened her eyes at how smart her daughter is. Jessica scoffed, "It is, isn't it?"

 

Her mother nodded once. Jessica frowned, "So, you're going to make us move because of a man who left us years ago?"

 

Mrs. Jung frowned and stood from the table, "Everything is already sorted, I bought the tickets already."

 

"Well give them to someone else." Jessica said in a cold tone, staring at her mother. Her mother furrowed her eyebrows. Jessica shook her head, "I'm not going."


Mrs. Jung nodded, "Yes you are, where are you going to stay then?"

 

Yuri stepped in, "With me."

 

Jessica and Mrs. Jung widened their eyes and looked at Yuri. Yuri smiled slightly at Jessica, "You and Krystal could stay with me."

 

Mrs. Jung shook her head, "No way. No, you girls are going with me."

 

Jessica shook her head as well, "No we aren't."

 

"I'm not going to allow you to stay with Yuri."

 

"Then I'll stay with dad."

 

....

 

Silence.

 

"You're going with me, and that's final."

 

"No I am not!" Jessica finally burst, standing up, sending the chair to the ground.

 

Mrs. Jung widened her eyes at her daughter. Jessica clenched her fists.

 

"You're selfish. Just because dad came back, you want us to move away. It was bad enough when we left when I was little. I lost all my friends there, why must I lose all my friends here as well? And what about Krystal? She really likes going over Amber's house, are you going to take her away from there as well? Aren't you an adult? You should be able to get over this and stay here for the sake of your daughters, can't you do that?" 

 

Jessica's tears rolled down her face at the thought of leaving. Leaving Yuri, leaving Tiffany, Taeyeon..

 

Mrs. Jung's eyes watered up as well at her daughter.

 

"Fine. Move. Go to the states. Run away. I don't care." Jessica said, calming herself down as she took Yuri's hand.

 

She said one last thing before walking out the door with Yuri.

 

 

 

 

"Just don't bother taking me, because I'll be with Yuri."